Why do reputed companies like Airtel treat customers like fools?

blademast3r

In the zone
****FINAL UPDATE : after 4 months, nothing got solved. New issues creep up. Contacted airtel presence, nodal and appelate authority. Nobody cares. I have disconnected my connection. NEVER NEVER NEVER GO FOR AIRTEL CONNECTION.. THEY ARE THE ABSOLUTE WORST and dont care about changing their attitude about it..****

Greetings everybody,

It has only been a month since I took Airtel broadband connection and its absolutely been horrible. The funny thing is the actual connection is great. But their support and staff is really filled with a bunch of fools who treat customers like fools. Here are the issues.

1) My name, phone number and email. All have been wrongly entered in their system despite mentioning the right ones. How hard is it to transfer data from paper to comp?

2) I opted for both broadband and phone. Broadaband was installed fine, I needed my phone to be in another room. Which just takes one more cable from the splitter. The "cabling" guy mysteriously vanished while the "broadband" guy was configuring stuff. When I called the "cabling" guy here was his response : " saaaar cabling procedure takes 3 days minimum ". Do they think we are fools? Or is he mysteriously installing the cable remotely , a procedure which clearly takes three whole days. And this is a private company!

3)My company pays my net and phone bill. Hence I need a hard copy. I clearly mentioned this the first time. A few days back someone from airtel (a crappy call center really) called me up and mentioned bill amount blah blah. And asked me to pay online from airtel.in. I mentioned that I needed hard copy and will pay by cash and told her that I had mentioend this during installation. She said thats ok and proceeded to "change" my bill type to hard copy.
This is the fun! I received a call today asking why I havent paid the bill online !!! So these people havent been able to make this "change" even NOW!!

Here is proably the best part. I have abviously tried to solve the issues.

1) Mailed 121@in.airtel.com with the correct subject format mentioned. I received an auto generated mail saying I will get a reply in 1 day . Its been 15 days now and I havent received a mail

2)I mailed the nodal office and havent received a reply.

3)Called customer care, waited for an hour. My call has been cut many time in between explaining the issue! One of the guys even mentioned that "name" cannot be changed!

4)Finally I went to an Airtel customer relations office and did the usual yelling + form filling to get name etc changed and mentioned for the 3rd time I need a hard copy bill.

Name,email and phone are yet to be changed (3 days since visit). And I am yet to receive the bill. Oh and the cabling expert hasnt shown up in the last 30 days. Guess its taking him more time than expected eh!

I really wish consumer forums and courts were taken more seriously in India. But its not. Simple reason being even if one customer quits there are 100 more who will join! Such is our population. It is really sad.
The issue here is as simple as outsourcing services to incompetent firms. In the last one month I havent interacted with a single "real" airtel employee. It is always been some call center or some "modem"/"cabling" expert firms, who obviously dont care. All they care about is reaching their number targets and not about the big picture of customer satisfaction.

Anyways. I'm not sure what will come out of this rant. It just feels good to vent out amongst competent people really!

Last edited:

mrintech

Technomancer
When Nodal Officer don't listen to you Email/Contact Appellate Authority. He's the only person who can give big bamboos to all these d***heads, else you have to live with your current situation, unfortunately

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
Thanks for the reply. Will they care? For some reason I have lost complete hopes of anyone replying to mails!

samudragupta

Youngling
not only airtel but even vodafone and all other companies CC have a bunch of idiot staff... unfortunately we have to live with it!!!

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I mailed airtel asking why should one get Airtel if such things are common with them along with a link to the OP. I got a mail saying

We are unable to process your request as:

1. There is no mobile number/landline number mentioned in your email or

2. The mobile/landline number mentioned is not in the correct format.

. For airtel Mobile number related assistance, please mention your ten
digits airtel Mobile number in the subject of the email. E.g. 98XXXXXXXX
. For airtel Fixed line and broadband related assistance, please mention
airtel Fixed-line number along with STD Code in the subject of the email.
E.g. 011-4XXXXXXX
Regards.

:lol:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, its strange that a private company like Airtel is doing something like that! (Or should I say, doing nothing at all :p)
I have a friend who have an Airtel's broadband connection. He always says to me that customer care is good. In case of some problem, if he register the complaint online in morning... guys from Airtel arrives by evening to solve it!

Btw.. I use Airtel as my primary number and I can too vouch that their customer care is sh!t. Just reaching to a "real" person is so darn hard! :(

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Their CC is sh$$. All the SPs are like that. Voda, Idea, Tata Photon. They think we are fools, and meeting their reps at their outlets is pure harassment. They act like government officials and make things painful, and never give advise and solutions. Basically useless.

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
Thanks for the replies guys. Most of you have mentioned "what can we do". Why not we DO something. As a part of my job I get to interact and meet with a lot of people in the European countries and the US. There any single mistake like this for even a single customer is taken seriously. And you want to know the funny part? Even they outsource their CC to India!! So the issue is with guys like Airtel going for "the absolute cheapest" nonsense call centers which employ literally anyone with NO incentive or training or work conditions. Believe me these people are absolute crap!

Like I said. We SHOULD do something about this. collectively.

PS : None of the issues have been solved EVEN NOW

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
even the mobile cc is same.. if you say internet is not connecting then they just send settings again and say that it should work now...

techani

Journeyman
According to me, we dont need to go anywhere! Your disgusting case is a fit case for negative publicity. As you have all the proofs.

Just post your text in facebook, post the link here and send it to all your friends for the publicity.

You will see the magic unfold in front of your eyes!!!

I had done so incase of Bigbazar and they noticed it(though partially), but am sure Airtel will notice it fully.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Airtel takes things for granted they don't even care about your side of the issue. Been a victim of Airtel multiple times back in the day. Was so pissed off that our entire family dumped Airtel at once and switched to BSNL.

I used to think BSNL was $hit until then, but it has been almost 3 years since I moved, not a single problem till date and even the customer care response is much better than what I've experienced with Airtel.

@techani
Airtel was literally a$$ raped by many on twitter. So much so that even there were spoof handles like @airtel_absence for the original @airtel_presence handle. They don't even care. I myself fought for few months and then switched provider, peace of mind restored.

Anish

Spectre
@OP: Dude, post your complaint at
Consumer Court

I too faced the same bad CC in reliance. I got very low speeds in reliance, and I registered the complaint twice. But they call me and say the same old procedure like clear prefetch, restart computer, reinstall the relaiance app etc... I got frustrated and told them that I know my way around and told its their fault. But they replied idiotically, that its the procedure and when I follow, I may get good results. Finally, I posted at consumercourt.in., 5 days after filing the complaint, a guy came from CBE to my place(vellore) to resolve the problem!

I also suggest you to post your complaint at consumercourt.in

Good luck
Anish

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
LOL.. the funny thing is that I switched from BSNL to airtel because they refused to fix a problem and refused to disconnect my line! So according to them I should live with 5 kBps internet forever.. That is a completely different and even more hilarious story..

@Anish sure.. will do that..

As of now I got a reply from @airtel_presence. Some guy called me up. Funny thing is after changing my details etc 3 times. When he read them out they were still the old wrong details! Can you believe this?

Still havent received the bill. He has said it will be done on "priority".

Asked him why the hell CC hasnt bothered replying to mails. He said from next time mail airtelpresence@airtel.in . Does this mean even THEY dont trust CC?? Makes you wonder

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
quick update... 3 different people from Airtel Presence contacted me and assured me they had changed the details. But each time they read out the current details it was the same old wrong stuff clearly proving that nothing has been done.

I finally received my bill with wrong name,phone number and email. I have told them clearly I am not paying up. Simple reason, such a person doesnt exist here!

Aaaand now to add to things, its been 24 hours since my previous billing cycle ended and my "Unfair Usage policy" speed hasnt reset.

I cant believe it takes this reputed company so much to change 3 simple fields and generate a correct bill.

Top Bottom