Whats your favourite mobile OS ?

Whats your favorite mobile OS ?

• Total voters

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
can i install meego on an android device ??
..will there be architecture issues ??

you can but to make it compatible someone have to do the hard work of porting.

if MeeGo is that good why are phone manufacturers not using it ??

Android, iOS, BB, WP, Symbian have lot of apps but not Meego. Also meego system requirements maybe higher and then you need drivers for SOC, baseband, audio, etc which Android already have so not worth it.

aroraanant

Explorer
I want to have a look and get hands on a N9 so that I could taste Meego but haven't found N9 anywhere(thought the search is on)
And one thing I like about BB also, the true multitasking experience. ;)

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Android, iOS, BB, WP, Symbian have lot of apps but not Meego. Also meego system requirements maybe higher and then you need drivers for SOC, baseband, audio, etc which Android already have so not worth it.
Nope.

Nokia N9 has two year old hardware but it is smoother than the fastest Android device.

Porting of drivers too isn't going to be a big deal. Both Android and Meego are based off the same kernel. It's just that there is no point of bothering with Meego now. People won't buy it.

tbh - Android, iOS and WIndows Phone - all three are ridiculous.

Android gets screwed up by OEMs. example, *i.imgur.com/OnImH.jpg - wondering how the default "Email" app got integrated with Samsung's ****. And this continued to happen despite the account being deleted long ago. :/
iOS is too difficult to use once you start using it for tasks other than app/game whoring.
Windows Phone has no apps, won't be gaining the momentum easily and is useless if you're using Linux.

OP
F

fz8975

no one voted for webos?
and how are the 2 windows os different?

windows phone OS is found on phones like Nokia lumia 800,710,samsung omnia w
it has "metro style UI"

windows mobile was found on samsung omnia (don't remember model no) and some htc phones in the past
it has UI just as Windows i.e. Start Menu,task manager,etc

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@ico: So, you never even used a Meego, and it's your favorite? :?
Hard to understand you!

Btw... voted for Android, cause it gives me PC on phone!! :D And which is my requirement.
WP7 has a long way to go).

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ico: So, you never even used a Meego, and it's your favorite? :?
Hard to understand you!
Seen videos. Know people who are using it.

In any case, Maemo 5 back in N900 is what Android has managed to come close NOW.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
@ICO I Agree.

used moblin intially developed by intel later merged with maemo project of Nokia. which later evolved into Meego.
It has one of the most intuitive interface and cloud functionality after JoliOS.

However it is too far to provide a quick and easy to use interface to casual users.
Still a solid os that sank in development hell.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Seen videos. Know people who are using it.

I can understand dude! Just watched this video of its demo... and got to tell, it looked far ahead of its time! (NFC technology where you just touch spekers to pair them, and "slide from edge" stuff!)

I am Stunned!

doomgiver

Warframe
I can understand dude! Just watched this video of its demo... and got to tell, it looked far ahead of its time! (NFC technology where you just touch spekers to pair them, and "slide from edge" stuff!)

I am Stunned!

so, you just "touch" phones? no authentication or password?
thats a really 'cool' and 'hip' way to get viruses :mrgreen:

Top Bottom