Whats the difference between a PC & a MAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
nepcker said:
Simplicity vs. Complexity: That's the fundamental difference between a Mac and a PC.

(Where the Mac stands for simplicity, of course)

can't say that dude , i tried mac n i had to search on da net how to rename a file :shock:

there was no rename option in right-click menu , now that's simplicity huh :cool:

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
no wonder y arya in another post said not to try OS X :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
That thread got closed for no reason. We were not telling anyone how to access MacOS X on PC, what we were telling is how is the user experience.

We will start a new thread in a few days, with only info about the disection of MacOS X.

@ Zeeshan

Welcome to world of Mac, where you have to get used to press strange key shortcuts :D.

anandk

Distinguished Member
good info ! nice effort !! great thread !!!
read every word ... well almost ;-) every word.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@ all those who appreciated my efforts ... this is certainly not the last coming from me ... i have a few more topics in head .... thanx again for ur appreciation

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ if thats the case then u better prepare a award receiving speech.. :D

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
thank you pathiks ... il keep that in mind ... iv seen filmfare a couple of times :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
The Mac is a good OS, the problem lies with Macboys & Apple's marketing philosophy which believes that everyone non-Apple is stupid.

Mac is a PC inside, & if the OS is soooo better then why not let everyone use it. Didn't they used to make fun of PC for running Windows, when now they are advertisign Mac as "Get a Mac, cos you can run Microsoft Windows & Office on it" :D

Zeeshan, should we start a new thread regarding the usability of MacOS X? without any "How to install" part.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
see what i mean ... these linux supporters will gate crash anything remotely related to windows and well we windows "fanatics" just wanna show whats the difference between the 2 coz we have always been rubbed by a comment that use it and then comment so well here we are giving an un-biased review of whats the difference betwen the mac, pc and what zeeshan and gx are doing is to give u a proper un-biased review of what the MAC OS X is all about

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
gx_saurav said:
The Mac is a good OS, the problem lies with Macboys & Apple's marketing philosophy which believes that everyone non-Apple is stupid.

Mac is a PC inside, & if the OS is soooo better then why not let everyone use it. Didn't they used to make fun of PC for running Windows, when now they are advertisign Mac as "Get a Mac, cos you can run Microsoft Windows & Office on it" :D
Yeah if u ever see Mac ad's they make a PC user seem like a Jerk , now that hurts , other than that i have no grudge with Mac . this shows how much afraid they r of PC's Market Dominance ;)
gx_saurav said:
Zeeshan, should we start a new thread regarding the usability of MacOS X? without any "How to install" part.
Maybe we can , also our earlier thread IS Not Illegal under the DMCA.

According to the wikipedia
Wikipedia said:
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is a controversial United States copyright law. The act criminalizes production and dissemination of technology that can circumvent measures taken to protect copyright, not merely infringement of copyright itself, and heightens the penalties for copyright infringement on the Internet.
And in the words of OSX86 Project Site
OSX86 Site said:
Our site is fully compliant with the DMCA. This site intends only to provide a forum for those interested in running OS X on Intel hardware. Anyone engaged in an active DMCA violation will be banned. For more information, review our Disclaimer here.
If you are either a lawyer or an Apple representative and have any concerns, feel free to contact us regarding any changes you feel necessary.
so if the OSX86 site is Perfectly legal then so is our thread .

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
can't say that dude , i tried mac n i had to search on da net how to rename a file

there was no rename option in right-click menu , now that's simplicity huh
The rename process is, I agree, a little less obvious. You should use Mac help, launch it from the Help menu and search for “rename” or something.

Or.... you can just select the icon (click once) and then hit the Return (Enter) key.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
nepcker said:
The rename process is, I agree, a little less obvious. You should use Mac help, launch it from the Help menu and search for “rename” or something.

Or.... you can just select the icon (click once) and then hit the Return (Enter) key.

yeah i figured that out from the help section but seriously they should put rename in the context menu .

also i can't seem to cut files , there'e only the option of Copy n Paste in the edit meny , Cut is disabled for all file types that i've tried , also hitting delete key doesn't send file to trash , what r the corresponding keys for these tasks in OS X ?

Status
Not open for further replies.