What is the use of workspaces?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie

El mooooo
I don't see desktop switcher applet on that panel. Do you have multiple desktop enabled on your system? Not the one that is given by Beryl...but the one given by GNOME.

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Its not appearing in the list! :confused: Dunno what is wrong with my distro. This is my recent fresh install.

eddie

El mooooo
May be you have a corrupt gnome-applets install. Try uninstalling and reinstalling just this one package...then retry adding desktop switchee applet. I am not a GNOME user so really can't help you much here.

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

Is it possible to reinstall only the gnome-applet? Well, i'll give it a shot. I hope it works....

Ok, here's a 'strange' thing happening. Managed to reinstall the gnome-applet. Yes, it was corrupt. Dunno why and how:confused: What might be the reason? After that, the desktop switcher is enabled .So, please check the screenshot If I click on the Workspace 2 box, I lose the panel completely. I can just see the desktop. So, where am I going wrong? Configuring?

Last edited:

eddie

El mooooo
f you are using Beryl, then open beryl-settings, go to Desktop --> Desktop Cube and then check the option that says "Stick Sticky windows to screen". Then see if you have panel on your second desktop.

P.S. GNOME seems to be more confusing than being easier :p

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

No, I don't use Beryl. It crashes the second it starts. I'm using only Compiz right now. A hard core KDE user has shifted to GNOME because of Compiz :D If it wasn't for that, I would have stuck with KDE. Till now, GNOME has taught me a lot of things ;) Any solutions on GNOME, anyone? :)

praka123

left this forum longback
increase the size of ur panels by right clicking getting properties.it helps.also use top and bottom panels,that means all the apps and applets on top of the panel(by default in GNOME) and bottom panel for open windows.

praka123

left this forum longback
the gnome menu bar(Applications+Places+System) takes the space if u use a single panel;remove this menu and add the "main menu" by right clicking and select.

eddie

El mooooo
phreak0utt said:
No, I don't use Beryl.
Then look for a similar option under compiz settings. Look for something that sticks the sticky windows to all your workspaces (or faces of cube for that matter).

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

eddie said:
Then look for a similar option under compiz settings. Look for something that sticks the sticky windows to all your workspaces (or faces of cube for that matter).

There is no such option eddie :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom