Want to build a desktop that has an upgrade path ahead

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Extra card for Physx = Utter waste of money + Power.

A gt620 is also good for providing physx support.

really?? with all the discussions about Physx in the forum, you still want to suggest it??

For 10k get GTX650 afterwards get HD 7970 & use this for PhysX..

HD7750 Cf is very bad idea..
7870 is min fo a good CF( BTW currently AMD drivers are playing hell)

:facepalm:

10K for Physx card?????????????????? :shock:
i should report your post just for that :p
j/king ;)
seriously, dont dish out such crappy sugesstions. read up a bit more.

Yeah few guys in this forum have this multi GPU setup..
PhysX is a nVidia special effect thingy for physics of game although a few games use it
PhysX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i know only one guy on TDF who uses Physx Card. and he himself says its kinda useless. Cilus PM him.

Cilus

laborare est orare
PhysX looks good in couple of games like Batman Series, Metro series and Mafia etc. The thing is although plenty of games do have support for it, only handful of them have utilized it properly to enhance the visual quality. If you want a card now which can be used as a dedicated PhysX later card then opt for noting less than GT 630 or GT 430. 96 Stream Processors are recommended for it.

Now, officially PhysX is not supported even if you have a nVidia card when an AMD card is also present in the system as nVidia disables it through Driver level. So you need to Mod the nVidia driver and PhysX dll files using some Modder tool. This technique is called Hybrid PhysX and I am using it for three years now. For better understanding, have a look here: Hybrid PhysX mod v1.03 / v1.05ff

Now the thing is that currently nVidia has updated their PhysX developement SDK with support for advanced CPU instructions like SSE2 and SSE3 which was not present in early versions. As a result now CPU PhysX also run far better than it used to be 1 year ago.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Physx in PC environment is going to run through CUDA. Upcoming Witcher 3 promises the best implementation in its vast open world environment.
Check the following witcher 3 tech demo. Its impressive:

[YOUTUBE]VvRCM-1aAms[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3SpPqXdzl7g[/YOUTUBE]

The new Physx water simulation that received a lot of accolades is used in Witcher 3 for the first time.

OP
V

vyamoham

Broken In
Right now I dont want to buy an expensive card like HD 7950/7970. I will buy this later, if I am interested in games. For now I will try by playing few games and see. I have played Fifa 2006 and Prince of persia many years back and enjoyed it. I might have some liking for games.

I will go by GT 430/GT 630 now, if that is sufficient for normal PC usage and some games(may not be ultra settings). And later if needed, I can buy a new card. If I buy a new card, I don't want to put my old card in cupboard to gather dust. I was just asking if there is a way for the old card to still remain useful. If it can be used as PhysX processor, then why not?

Right now I dont want to buy an expensive card like HD 7950/7970. I will buy this later, if I am interested in games. For now I will try by playing few games and see. I have played Fifa 2006 and Prince of persia many years back and enjoyed it. I might have some liking for games.

I will go by GT 430/GT 630 now, if that is sufficient for normal PC usage and some games(may not be ultra settings). And later if needed, I can buy a new card. If I buy a new card, I don't want to put my old card in cupboard to gather dust. I was just asking if there is a way for the old card to still remain useful. If it can be used as PhysX processor, then why not?

That's a very good point. getting a GT 630 now will allow you to play games on medium-low settings and can also be used as a PhysX processor later. Better some use than nothing.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

then OLX zindabad ;)

sell it. if it still has warranty, you will get a good price.

Top Bottom