Virgin Mobile launched in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
50p to landline tooo ... just now noticed....
then cheap only... :)

But to same network calls also 50p.... :(

Anyway... Will this work....?! :confused

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
10paise they will pay for our incoming call..... :O

Some nice market strategy to catch some market share.....

But... Outgoing is tooo costly.... :(

it's simple strategy. put outgoing 10ps extra per minute and add the same to incoming mobile account. If you have you give 1 rupee to your friend using virgin mobile, just call him and talk for 10 minutes :)

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
^^^ interesting scheme .. but i dont think indians will accepet it coz simply they wont believe and will think it as some hoax..

nice .. i justsaw the why u r not with us flash..

relaly interesting and true points there .. but there is no gaurantee that virgin mobile will also become one like them .. once they become p[opular...

lets see.. airtel will come up with some price reduction if they feel virgin as a threat..
but one thing is sure.. we the one who will benefit from the coporate war..

*www.virginmobile.in/how_do_not_disturb.php

but interesting thing is i saw this link at the bottmom... a coomon DONT DISTURB ME link...

no doubt they will also join other companies soooooon....

BAD BAD businesss....

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
this is a CDMA sercive..CDMA providers have more bandwith and the users are also forced to buy a cell to avail of he services..no wonder the prices are cheap..by thru this plan i thik is actually tryig to impress on the girlfrnds how importantit is for their boyfrnds to switch to virgin cdma... :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Well, the way indian students (biggest market for a Mobile phone) & other indians use & talk on phone, "virgin" mobile's network will soon be "f*****" :D

shashank_re

In the zone
I think you people dont know about interconnect charges..i.e when you recieve any incoming call,your operator gets 30p as interconnect charge!!
So Virgin is giving you 10p keeping 20p with them while other ops are keeping full 30p.
These type of offers are there even in Pakistan!! I was expecting this offer on some or the other day in india.So finally the day has come!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^oh. I didn't know about interconnect charges

Anyways, joh bhi aaye, I will not leave Vodafone. After all, I am Platinum customer for them.

Last edited:

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ I left Vodafone after being a platinum subscriber. They took 18hrs to update my payment and i was stranded in the highway due to their incompetency. :(

That evening i disconnected my Vodafone...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ow. Feel sorry for that. Customer care has always been wonderful for me. I always pay at the Vodafone Store or ask someone to come to my house to collect the payment.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Higher limit of outstanding amount. Less nonsense calls from customer care. priority during peak periods

"all on paper" afaik. :)

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
The AON (Age On Network) is only one of the factors they take to upgrade a subscriber to platinum status. Raking up high mobile bills of the order of 2k or above and prompt payment before the last payment date are also considered (i guess). I came to know that i am platinum subscriber when i disconnected. The gal who called me up, enquiring the reason for disconnection had stated so.

But nothing can replace getting stranded in the highway for 2 hours, with a non-functional network on my phone...grrrrrr :(

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
The AON (Age On Network) is only one of the factors they take to upgrade a subscriber to platinum status. Raking up high mobile bills of the order of 2k or above and prompt payment before the last payment date are also considered (i guess). I came to know that i am platinum subscriber when i disconnected. The gal who called me up, enquiring the reason for disconnection had stated so.

But nothing can replace getting stranded in the highway for 2 hours, with a non-functional network on my phone...grrrrrr :(
This thing is always on papers. I use a Post paid Airtel
And i am the in the highest category( My call center friend told me).

My airtel connection has been active since past 4yrs(Even before Airtel came to rajasthan). My credit limit is around 10k+ISD facility & monthly bill around 2.5k but when it comes to service its the same:x

Me waiting for number portability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom