Upgrading PC at 6.5k

OP
hari1

hari1

In the zone
I have ordered the HyperX RAM and my father has decided to buy a core i3 processor instead for future proofing. We won't be upgrading the PC for another 3-4 years atleast. So is this combination good?
Core i3 3210 for Rs. 6600
Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 DVI for Rs. Rs3000

Is Core i3 3210 worth another Rs.3000 over G2020?

Last edited:
I have ordered the HyperX RAM and my father has decided to buy a core i3 processor instead for future proofing. We won't be upgrading the PC for another 3-4 years atleast. So is this combination good?
Core i3 3210 for Rs. 6600
Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 DVI for Rs. Rs3000

Is Core i3 3210 worth another Rs.3000 over G2020?

> Get Gigabyte B75M DH3 for the motherboard. B75 chipset boards providfe native support for USB 3.0. They also come with HDMI ports.

OP
hari1

hari1

In the zone
> Get Gigabyte B75M DH3 for the motherboard. B75 chipset boards providfe native support for USB 3.0. They also come with HDMI ports.

I think that I won't be buying any USB 3.0 products and don't need any. As for HDMI, I won't be playing any full HD games or watching movies on it.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^don't be so sure.cheapest usb 3.0 pen drives are already available for ~650 & even when used with usb 2.0 port gives twice the writing speed & with usb 3.0 simply blew away the usual usb 2.0 drives.similarly many lcd/led TVs now come only with hdmi ports so if in future you get a good deal for cheap usb 3.0 or a good lcd/led tv then you may regret your motherboard choice.i am saying this since you are looking for at least 5-6 years of using this system which is a long time in electronics market so its better to spend ~1000 extra & get a mobo with these features.

OP
hari1

hari1

In the zone
^^don't be so sure.cheapest usb 3.0 pen drives are already available for ~650 & even when used with usb 2.0 port gives twice the writing speed & with usb 3.0 simply blew away the usual usb 2.0 drives.similarly many lcd/led TVs now come only with hdmi ports so if in future you get a good deal for cheap usb 3.0 or a good lcd/led tv then you may regret your motherboard choice.i am saying this since you are looking for at least 5-6 years of using this system which is a long time in electronics market so its better to spend ~1000 extra & get a mobo with these features.

Actually I won't be using this PC much after I join college. I will get a laptop for myself. This is for home use. But since I need a fast PC right now, I wanted to upgrade it. It will also be useful for me whenever I shall need a fast PC in case my laptop gives any problems.

Top Bottom