hari1

In the zone
Planning to upgrade computer.
Current Configuration:
Intel Pentium E2140 Dual Core
Asrock G31-MS
1GB DDR2 ram
No graphics card.

I am learning javascript and my current PC is just too slow. Scrolling web pages and Multitasking are frustratingly laggy. Opening 8-10 tabs in Firefox does not affect performance much but Chrome is just too laggy even with 3 tabs. Please suggest a fast CPU and motherboard at 6.5k that can handle windows 8 and medium multitasking smoothly.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Web browsing, web programming, all normal games like nfs most wanted, underground2, and maybe new latest games under low settings, casual Photoshop editing, running virtual machines(to run Blackberry 10 Simulator), Ms office,

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:About 6.5k . Could extend it to 7k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Never

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 8, Xp and Ubuntu

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Already have 320GB HDD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:No. Have 18 inch monitor with 1280x720 resoluion

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:hdd, monitor, keyboard, mouse, DVD writer

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No. Will be done by assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Haryana. I can buy stuff online if not available local.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: 1. Processor MUST have hardware virtualisation support (Vtx/AMDv). That's because I am making a Blackberry 10 app whose simulator does not work without this technology.
2. Want as much maximum performance as possible.
3. I have no need for USB 3.0.
4. My local dealer is giving bundle of Intel G2020 with an ECS motherboard at Rs 6500. This processor looks good but the inbuilt graphics seem to be too weak. Windows 8 and many other desktop apps make use of GPU to make things faster. Just want that graphics should be decent enough. 1080p and 720p videos should play smoothly.
5. Will get 4GB RAM locally at cheap price.
6. My local dealer says AMD processors are 'Bakwas'

Cilus

laborare est orare
Getting Processor + Motherboard + Ram @ 7K is little tough now a days. Try Pentium 2020 + H61 Motherboard + 4GB Corsair 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 9K

OP
hari1

hari1

In the zone
Getting Processor + Motherboard + Ram @ 7K is little tough now a days. Try Pentium 2020 + H61 Motherboard + 4GB Corsair 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 9K

RAM will be purchased separately. Just suggest CPU + Motherboard at about 6.5k

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pentium G2020 + H61 motherboard is all you can get in 6.5K. If possible, avoid ECS and get a motherboard from MSI or Gigabyte. Better support.

G2020's built-in graphics will play 720p and 1080p videos fine. So you don't need to worry.

6. My local dealer says AMD processors are 'Bakwas'
Your local dealer is an idiot.

Pentium G2020 + H61 motherboard is all you can get in 6.5K. If possible, avoid ECS and get a motherboard from MSI or Gigabyte. Better support.

G2020's built-in graphics will play 720p and 1080p videos fine. So you don't need to worry.

Your local dealer is an idiot.

+1 for both these points.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Intel G2020+Gigabyte B75M DH3=3750(theitdepot)+4607(flipkart)=Rs. 8375 > 7k
Any other suggestion?

ask in some other local shops. you may get better deals. also search in mdcomputers,primeabgb,itwares,smcinternational etc or flipkart:)P sometimes you may find a better deal :p)

OP
hari1

hari1

In the zone
Local dealer is giving bundle of Intel G2020 + Gigabyte H61M-S1 at Rs.6600 . Is this deal good? I have no need for HDMI or USB 3.0.

I have to make decision as quickly as possible. Did any of you buy this motherboard?

Last edited:

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Local dealer is giving bundle of Intel G2020 + Gigabyte H61M-S1 at Rs.6600 . Is this deal good? I have no need for HDMI or USB 3.0.

I have to make decision as quickly as possible. Did any of you buy this motherboard?

H61 mobo is fine for g2020. get it

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
keep in mind that Gigabyte H61M-S1 mobo has only vga/d-sub port so if your monitor does not have a vga/d-sub port then you will have to spend extra on either dvi/vga adapter(if supported by your monitor) or a cheap graphics card.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

try to get gigabyte ga-h61m-d2h at the same or a little higher price.

OP
hari1

hari1

In the zone
I am going to order this RAM from Mdcomputers
ON SALE! - G.SKILL RAM 4GB DDR3 1333FSB FOR DESKTOP - Rs.1,699 - WELCOME TO MDCOMPUTERS ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions::::::::::

I guess it will be compatible with GIgabyte GA-H61M-S1
Is it :?:

ASHISH65

Technomancer
I am going to order this RAM from Mdcomputers
ON SALE! - G.SKILL RAM 4GB DDR3 1333FSB FOR DESKTOP - Rs.1,699 - WELCOME TO MDCOMPUTERS ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions::::::::::

I guess it will be compatible with GIgabyte GA-H61M-S1
Is it :?:

Yes it is fully compaitible :)

OP
hari1

hari1

In the zone
It is urgent now. Going to order today if my dad agrees.

Is this ram compatible with Gigabyte H61M-S1 motherboard with Intel G2020 processor?
*www.flipkart.com/kingston-hyperx-blu-ddr3-4-gb-pc-ram-khx1600c9d3b1-4g/p/itmd9zdfmetkss2t
I know this RAM is has frequency of 1600 Mhz and my motherboard supports 1333 Mhz but should still work with automatically reduced speed ?:)

Last edited:

ASHISH65

Technomancer
It is urgent now. Going to order today if my dad agrees.

Is this ram compatible with Gigabyte H61M-S1 motherboard with Intel G2020 processor?
Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (KHX1600C9D3B1/4G) - Kingston: Flipkart.com
I know this RAM is has frequency of 1600 Mhz and my motherboard supports 1333 Mhz but should still work with automatically reduced speed ?:)

yes it will run on reduced speed.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
that ram will be useful when you upgrade your system later as pentium wont benefit from 1600Mhz ram :p.

Top Bottom