Ubuntu-My new primary OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
first ensure ALSA is selected, by double clicking on the volume control, then File -> Change Device (ALSA Mixer). If that fails, see *help.ubuntu.com/community/Sound

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/large/6261/Screenshot.png

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/large/6262/ssaww.png

full view- *www.imgx.org/pfiles/6262/ssaww.png
*www.imgx.org/pfiles/6261/Screenshot.png

Max payne 2 via cedega !!
i also installed batman vengeance via wine on ubuntu.Games install much faster than on windows !!
Batman runs uber cool and so does max payen 2.gonna try other games too!

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^Cool, I ran CS and Max Payne 1 on wine flawlessly.
Btw,did you actually buy cedega or grab it from a "certain" source?

hullap

Cyborg Agent
when i run UrT with Wine and the native Urt on ubuntu. the one of windows was running MUCH better.
:D but i dunno why

:)
WHAT DO U TIHNK. he gave i to me too :D

Last edited:
isohunt!!!:D:D
OB runs on wine,yay!
ill try it,if anoyone needs it heres the tut-
*www.fsckin.com/2007/10/15/how-to-run-team-fortress-2-half-life-2-hl2-ep-12-in-ubuntu-using-wine/

anybody knows hot to isntall DX9.0c?
i tried the method on digg.i copied both the Dll files that were mentioned there in digg and then added the libs in wine too and Dx9 DLL files are there in wine sys 32 folder too but when i try n run wine it gives Dx9.0c error:confused:
cedega doesnt run COD4,OB or GUN,gives win installer error with all of em
when i googled i came to know that COD 4 is incompatible with cedega too.though It runs of wine but it need a looooot of steps and patching to be done:(

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
COD4 on wine is not that hard:)
You just need to install latest wine from GIT,wine patch for COD4 and dx9.0c;)
More details :*www.linux-gamers.net/modules/wiwimod/index.php?page=HOWTO+COD4&back=HOWTO+INDEX+Wine+Games

it works nicely except Multiplayer mode.

*BUMP*
Used Linux till hardy but gave up coz it was buggy.Back with Ibex and it seems all too well altogether!
Ubuntu 8.10 is great.Improved a lot over the previous releases.It's also more stable that Hardy till now:D
Now I'm gonna shoot my noobish questions.
1.Which is the best music player for Gnome?
2.How to get the curved AWN.I did that quite a while ago and now forgot the procedure.
3.How to get Trash and home icons on screen?
That's all for now.More questions coming up:D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
1) For me its been Exaile
2) AWN Curves, read this: *budirj.blogspot.com/
3) You can either install gtweakui which will give you the options of adding these icons on the desktop or you can do it the manual way:

Run gconf-editor (from Run dialog box - Alt + F2, or terminal) and navigate to 'apps\nautilus\desktop'. Mark the checkbox on whatever icons you want on the desktop.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Hi I also use Ubuntu 8.10 as my primary OS ..my probs

1. I installed Ofiice 2007 through wine..Now my CV (word 2003) formatting is not correctly showing in MS Word 2007 .What to do now ?

2. I installed themes from gnomelook.org But it says theme GTK+ Theme smooth is not installed :confused: How to do that ?? Also how to make Ubuntu look ...like XP ?

3. My lappu has 14" screen ...and Ubuntu icons are very big consuming lot of space on desktop...resolution is max 1200*800..How to make icons smaller ?

Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom