Ubuntu Edge - The phone that BEATS all other phones

4.819 million at the time of writing done. Wow!!! So much money is so little time. This shows the existence of the thriving Ubuntu community.

Shiva

quagmire

Allllright !
Guys what do you think, will Canonical choose Intel's x86 over ARM for the processor?

BTW wikipedia says Nanowire battery <-> silicon anode battery will be commercialized by 2015, but another source says "Lithium-Ion Batteries with Silicon Anode" will reach OEMs next year. Any info?

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
The best thing is, Ubuntu Edge is Pocket PC... :thumb:
PocketPC! Don't use that dreaded word, if you know. PPC was an M$ iteration, I for one won't want to see it anytime soon. WinMo sucked. Pocket PC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The fastest multicore CPU is a good indication that the architecture might be x86
I wish that too. But my guess is they'll end up making love with Qualcomm.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
They introduced a referral contest.

Welcome to the Ubuntu Edge Referral Contest!
Whether you’ve contributed $20 or $2,000, you all have the chance to win something extra special: a personalised Ubuntu Edge phone engraved with your name.

Of course, for this prize to exist the campaign has to hit its target, so here’s what we want you to do.

HOW TO ENTER
1) Make sure you’re logged in to Indiegogo.
2) Get your unique “Share This Campaign” link from the Ubuntu Edge page (just below the video), and share it via social media, email or any other method you can think of. Click the Embed and Email buttons for simple instructions to add an Ubuntu Edge widget to your website or email signature.
3) Every time someone clicks your link or widget and then contributes money to the campaign, you’ve made a successful referral.

THE RULES
You have one week. The person who drives the most money in referral contributions between now and 4.00pm BST on Friday 2 August will win this great prize. (Prize is conditional on the Ubuntu Edge being fully funded.)
Every extra backer takes us closer to our goal, and by taking part you’ll be playing a vital role in getting the Ubuntu Edge made.

Looks like I am in.

ashs1

Padawan
Hopefully my next smartphone will be this one..

but it seems too good to be true..as its Almost perfect in every department..

The campaign is starting to lose steam. Only 700,000 in two days. Earlier it was nearly 1million a day. I feared this would happen. 32million is a huge amount. Don't know if it will reach.

Shiva

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Re: Ubuntu Edge - The phone that BEATS all other phones in SPECS

Well camera and the screen are big disappointments. Should have been at-least a 13 meg one and a full hd screen.

The sensor quality and lens quality is more important than the camera size. 8MP is more than enough, especially when 2MP is ~1080p.

As for screen, after a certain degree of sharpness, the colour accuracy, gama and brightness are more important than the resolution. 720p at 4.5" is very sharp.

raksrules

Youngling
Thanks for the people who are donating, i appreciate them being guinea pigs on a new tech and device. This helps people like me who let others test the water and then only put the money.

This forum is missing the LIKE functionality. Should be there IMO.

Top Bottom