Ubuntu Edge - The phone that BEATS all other phones

gameranand

Living to Play
Personally I think they are doing the right thing by doing it their own way. If they are making someone partner then they have listen to them also about the pricing, software, looks etc. In this way they can easily do it their way and be open source if they want to be. :)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I agree that having a real manufacturer to make these phones like ZTE, Huawei, Foxconn would have been excellent..
Also, this phone might be the next best thing in smartphone technology, ever since dual core hit mainstream

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Yes, they can. 2M in one day. And do the math.

Now, it's $3,815,607 and 30 mins before it was $3,753,181. So yes, they can easily cross.

roypurohit

Broken In
Re: Ubuntu Edge - The phone that BEATS all other phones in SPECS

Well camera and the screen are big disappointments. Should have been at-least a 13 meg one and a full hd screen.

The colour contrast and accuracy is more important than MegaPixel... And why you need Full HD ??? This is the common people mentality, Camera must be 13 MP and screen resolution must be Full HD... I wonder why people are so crazy about Full HD resolution in small Mobile device...!!! HD (720) is very good enough to enjoy all the applications and videos and all that... Also Full HD consumes more power then HD.

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

The colour contrast and accuracy is more important than MegaPixel... And why you need Full HD ??? This is the common people mentality, Camera must be 13 MP and screen resolution must be Full HD... I wonder why people are so crazy about Full HD resolution in small Mobile device...!!! HD (720) is very good enough to enjoy all the applications and videos and all that...

Exactly. 720p is more than enough, esp for 4.5" display. Camera should never be deciding factor to buy a phone, unless you are a guy who use his mobile camera for every occasion. If yes, then go buy Nokia 1020. This phone is pure performer, beast or whatever-name-comes-for-performance and this is jaw-dropping. And as mentioned, "Sapphire Crystal" gives killer look. Overall, a killer looking (iPhone killer for sure. iPhone doesn't stand a chance against this phone by looks), best performance phone @ 655$ (~ 39k INR). IMO, it is worth the price tag. Too bad i don't have a CC. :(

quagmire

Allllright !

The colour contrast and accuracy is more important than MegaPixel... And why you need Full HD ??? This is the common people mentality, Camera must be 13 MP and screen resolution must be Full HD... I wonder why people are so crazy about Full HD resolution in small Mobile device...!!! HD (720) is very good enough to enjoy all the applications and videos and all that...

+1. The human eye cannot distinguish HD from Full HD in screens smaller than 5.5~6". 720p is sufficient.

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
The megapixels of camera is just as overhyped as the memory on a graphics card.
SSD over MTP? lol...
And they said it'll gain full functionality when docked to a real PC, so keep imagining about a full fledged PC on your palms.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
The megapixels of camera is just as overhyped as the memory on a graphics card.
SSD over MTP? lol...
And they said it'll gain full functionality when docked to a real PC, so keep imagining about a full fledged PC on your palms.

don't be such a spoilsport. :cool:
and camera is enough. one would buy phones like nokia L 1020 is they want a "camera phone"

$4 million + now
:hyper:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
woah, desktop thing is great... so that's Mobile OS, Ubuntu OS and Android on one Device
if ubuntu derivatives work on even just the desktop version, that will be cool

just think no home button is a mistake

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
dont worry, canonical is very respected and trustworthy company they will easily make fund.... i am just keeping my fingers crossed, but when it will come out any idea on that

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
don't be such a spoilsport. :cool:
and camera is enough. one would buy phones like nokia L 1020 is they want a "camera phone"

$4 million + now
:hyper:

That's what I'm saying. MP is a bloated term. And 8 MP is more than enough. But seriously I'd keep my expectations low: We've gotten too many shocks with the promises that are never delivered by tech companies. See that blow to unlock from Micromax for the most recent one. Blame the pessimist in me :twisted:

dont worry, canonical is very respected and trustworthy company they will easily make fund.... i am just keeping my fingers crossed, but when it will come out any idea on that

That's not the case every time. Even earlier, they tried to attain a big goal and had a large fundraising target for just a few millions. They did get many funds but the total lacked by only a small number, and thus they came out with nothing.

Top Bottom