Two problems in Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddy_in65

Journeyman
I am using hardy since last 3 moths, after fresh install it works fine for me. Ubuntu boots quickly, however from the last week it takes more time to boot. I regularly update ubuntu. Every time the update files size was around 70mb. Is it the problem behind this. I dont know why boot time was increased and please suggest me any method to increase the boot time in ubutnu. Please advise me about ubuntu updatation. I have 1gb ram.

The second problem is i am unable to hear sound through my headset of my laptop. The sound works fine through my laptop speaker, however there is no sound in headset. I have vista as another OS and headset works there.

Please help me.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Thinks you could try
1. Diable the trackerd service.
2. Turn off other unwanted services like cupsd if you don't use it.
3. Is there tons of hard disk activity when you boot up during this delay ? Maybe its running a hard disk check.
4. Check the system logs and see if anything is weird in there.

I don't think updates would cause any sort of problems unless it was a regression and if it was there would bemultiple folks complaining about the same.

As far as the headset goes I guess if you are in Gutsy you coul;d open alsamixer and check if all channels are unmuted or anything. Unfortunately I have no clue about this since I don't have Ubuntu installed on a laptop to try out :(.

Rahim

Married!
^System >Preferences >Sessions and un-tick the required services not wanted in Startup Programs Tab.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
You might want to check for the certain laptop model on ubuntuforums.org someone might have had the same experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom