Toshiba Tecra W50?

OP
S

Siddhartht

Void
My laptop keep crashing nowadays, so I don't know how long I can wait(and I guess MSI is going to initially offer laptops through online channels, which I don't trust much for any investment above 50k). Although seeing the translated reviews of Asus G56, I guess I will opt for it, since it is readily available in my city, and upgrade it with a 500 Gb ssd and 16 Gb ram+a better wlan adapter, and then silently wait for 2~3 years.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
My laptop keep crashing nowadays, so I don't know how long I can wait(and I guess MSI is going to initially offer laptops through online channels, which I don't trust much for any investment above 50k). Although seeing the translated reviews of Asus G56, I guess I will opt for it, since it is readily available in my city, and upgrade it with a 500 Gb ssd and 16 Gb ram+a better wlan adapter, and then silently wait for 2~3 years.

I am thinking of upgrading to Intel 7260 AC dual band too. :))
Also, you can opt for a msata SSD if G56JR has a slot. This way you can have more space in the same machine.

OP
S

Siddhartht

Void
I am thinking of upgrading to Intel 7260 AC dual band too. :))
Also, you can opt for a msata SSD if G56JR has a slot. This way you can have more space in the same machine.

Nope, sadly it doesn't have an msata slot, and upgrading wlan card also seem to be quite a pain by looking review pictures. The only things which can be quickly swapped are hdd and ram. Anyways, as for Intel 7260, are you planning to import it from US?

If, if in case Asus ships with an Intel card, I won't upgrade it, but seemingly all Asus laptops in India ship with Atheros :/

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Nope, sadly it doesn't have an msata slot, and upgrading wlan card also seem to be quite a pain by looking review pictures. The only things which can be quickly swapped are hdd and ram. Anyways, as for Intel 7260, are you planning to import it from US?

If, if in case Asus ships with an Intel card, I won't upgrade it, but seemingly all Asus laptops in India ship with Atheros :/

I don't think AC dual band laptop cards are available in India. I'll get it next year before college.

OP
S

Siddhartht

Void
Went to dealer regarding G56, and I saw one of it there itself..and I was sort of disappointed? The red backlight was barely visible along with the fact that the laptop was returned due to a broken hinge. Guess this rules out Asus too(also the rest units he sold had comments, not if complaints of over heating). Now I am back to where I have started; one option he gave me was to wait for Envy refresh. It does look good, but there is no official word about configurations which will be available in India. Some online sources are saying that it will be quad core paired with gtx850m, but on the HP US site pairs ULV i7 with 850. Can anyone confirm which configuration will be actually available in India.

Top Bottom