The Windows Mobile Thread

Games Goblin

Journeyman
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Microsoft temporarily suspends Windows Phone 7.8 updates

Microsoft has stopped Windows Phone 7.8 updates for the aged Windows Phone smartphones like the Nokia Lumia 800, Lumia 900 and Lumia 610. The company is working to fix a software glitch in the release, but it's unclear how long the suspension will last.

Source - GSMArena

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Lumia 620 is shipping with "other" storage fix. will post source tomorrow.

ironfreak

Journeyman

Lumia 620 is shipping with "other" storage fix. will post source tomorrow.

Huh?? This is surprising :) I went today at a major retailer and and he said all the 20 handsets he received yesterday are sold out on first day. And please post source.. ASAP.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Lumia 620 shipping with updated firmware also has new Storage management options | Windows Phone Central

You're welcome :)

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Huh?? This is surprising :) I went today at a major retailer and and he said all the 20 handsets he received yesterday are sold out on first day. And please post source.. ASAP.
Sorry, I was browsing from Mobile. That's why I didn't post the Source. Maybe, a google search would have fetched you that.

Lumia 620 shipping with updated firmware also has new Storage management options | Windows Phone Central

You're welcome :)

Thanks for posting the source. :D

Amithansda

Journeyman

Hey Guys,

I plan to buy a new mobile before 31st March,May be I will go for Lumia 620(Its Windows 8 not 7.8 , right???)..I used my didi's windows 7.5 phone which was given to MS developers, I was amazed by its fluid OS, screen etc, but then again I got disappointed with file transfer, bTooth sharing and even Ringtone settings.
I just want to know whether the issue that I mentioned got fixed with new Windows 8 OS? I may not bother about Games and stuff but I want video codec support Like H264, xvid,flv vids to be played without any conversion, and copying and paste it in the device.

Also I may go for Lumia 820(Although seems like bit overpriced) if it tempts me enough and Ofcourse if I get my year end bonus before 31st March.

I am open to droid phones too, Do suggest some sub 20K rivals.

Last edited:

Games Goblin

Journeyman

eBay has a deal going on only for today - Brand new Lumia 620 for just Rs.13,379.00 shipped. - LINK

Anybody still on the fence for a new WP phone or an upgrade should check it out

Edit: Listing has ended :-(

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master

yey at last I updated my phone to WP7.8 using a software called Seveneighter ....and its very easy i would say

after that I got 2 more updates now...lets see whats the changes :)

OS version 7.10.8862.144

Last edited:

Amithansda

Journeyman

Bought my first Windows phone...It is Lumia 820:lol:

Got disappointed at first because I did not know that this phone needs a microsim. Have to change my sim, can not do before Monday. :(

and to set Mp3 ringtone I still depend on Zune, that is a drag.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

^ Congrats :)

Nope, there is the ringtone maker app by Nokia in the marketplace. Use it :)

Amithansda

Journeyman

Managed to cut my sim to micro sim....so using the phone right now to type this post. I can not find a solution to that "other" memory bug.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Its coming in the next update not much more than two months away. Dont lose sleep on it :D

Amithansda

Journeyman

Can you please suggest a good media player with better equalizers and video player that supports flv at least?? My lumia does not support subtitles,mkv and flv files.

Well, its really fun to post replies from mobile. Loving my new toy.

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Nokia has launched Lumia 520 and Lumia 720, officially, in India. (You read it right?? In INDIA). Prices have not been revealed yet. The devices will hit stores in April, itself.(i.e, within a month)

Hopefully, both the devices will launch with the "other" bug fix. But, still the "512MB" RAM in L720 is something to look for. From the pricing of L620, I hope the L720 to be priced around 20k.

Source: Nokia launches Lumia 720 and Lumia 520 with Windows Phone 8 in India | NDTV Gadgets

Last edited:

hari1

In the zone

Nokia has launched Lumia 520 and Lumia 720, officially, in India. (You read it right?? In INDIA). Prices have not been revealed yet. The devices will hit stores in April, itself.(i.e, within a month)

Hopefully, both the devices will launch with the "other" bug fix. But, still the "512MB" RAM in L720 is something look for. From the pricing of L620, I hope the L720 to be priced around 20k.

Source: Nokia launches Lumia 720 and Lumia 520 with Windows Phone 8 in India | NDTV Gadgets

Definiely better than all cheap android phones out out there.:wink:

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Definiely better than all cheap android phones out out there.:wink:

Lumia 520 will be selling like hot-cakes because of its price, looks and UI. Most youngsters will buy it. There is no second thought on it. It's a nice move by Nokia India:clap2:.

EDIT: Flipkart is accepting pre-orders for Lumia 520 at 10,499 only. It's really VFM. It's one of the best phones in that range. But, It will have to face tough competition from Indian brands' products.

Last edited:

hari1

In the zone

Lumia 520 will be selling like hot-cakes because of its price, looks and UI. Most youngsters will buy it. There is no second thought on it. It's a nice move by Nokia India:clap2:.

EDIT: Flipkart is accepting pre-orders for Lumia 520 at 10,499 only. It's really VFM. It's one of the best phones in that range. But, It will have to face tough competition from Indian brands' products.

Now just wait for the phone to arrive on other websites to use discount coupons:mrgreen:

Top Bottom