The Windows Mobile Thread

Flash

Lost in speed
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

What's the benefit of unlocking Windows phone? I know we can sideload apps/games downloaded from third parties.
But apart from that?

apurvgupta1

Journeyman

I don't think windows phone OS has been unlocked as yet. Definitely not wp8.

Flash

Lost in speed

^ It can be unlocked with a Developer account..

noob

Cyborg Agent

Btw there is no interlop unlock for wp8 devices yet right :confused:

With WP8 the necessary keys to check the signature of every Software that is loaded has been embedded in Hardware. So the Hardware ensures that the bootloader has not been tempered with which in turn ensures that the OS has a valid signature and so on.

Flash

Lost in speed

Not all Micro SDHC cards are compatible with Lumias.
Which one to consider when buying new one?

And for Lumia owners, which one do you use?

Flash

Lost in speed

How to solve the duplicate songs issue in WP8?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Not all Micro SDHC cards are compatible with Lumias.
Which one to consider when buying new one?

And for Lumia owners, which one do you use?

Dont know about this issue.

How to solve the duplicate songs issue in WP8?

I manually copied over my songs from my PC like always and havent seen this issue, could you explain?

Shah

Cyborg Agent

One of my friends went to a live mobile showroom and tried a Lumia 720. He is now saying that the back panel/shells are un-removable. Is it true? IIRC, I saw somewhere Nokia stating that the back shells can be changed as per our wish. A pic would help.

Empirial

Youngling

One of my friends went to a live mobile showroom and tried a Lumia 720. He is now saying that the back panel/shells are un-removable. Is it true? IIRC, I saw somewhere Nokia stating that the back shells can be changed as per our wish. A pic would help.

Nokia Lumia 720 Back Panel is sealed just like 920.

Flash

Lost in speed

I manually copied over my songs from my PC like always and havent seen this issue, could you explain?

When you copy a folder with 10 songs to your mobile, both "Music + Videos" & "Nokia Music Player" will show 20-30 songs (same song repeating over 2-3 times) when you play th album. I've googled and found it's a BUG in WP8. One possible solution that i read was turning off the " Xbox Music cloud collection " in Music + Videos settings. But this " Xbox Music cloud collection " option is region-specific, so we (India-based-Lumias) won't have this option, if am right..

I wonder why you din't encounter it, till? :razz:
(Just google for Lumia Duplicate Songs)

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob

You can attach a wireless charging shell but the body colour cannot be changed like the 820.

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Nokia Lumia 720 Back Panel is sealed just like 920.

I know it's a polycarbonate unibody. But, Why does Nokia sells Wireless Charging shells for L720 seperately?

Look at here.

All accessories for Nokia Lumia 720 - Nokia - India

Is Nokia trolling us or what?

EDIT:

Got my answer. It is indeed removable.

Wikipedia said:
Made of polycarbonate, its uni-body removable shells come in a variety of colors including glossy yellow, glossy red, glossy white, matte cyan and matte black.
Source

Last edited:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

When you copy a folder with 10 songs to your mobile, both "Music + Videos" & "Nokia Music Player" will show 20-30 songs (same song repeating over 2-3 times) when you play th album. I've googled and found it's a BUG in WP8. One possible solution that i read was turning off the " Xbox Music cloud collection " in Music + Videos settings. But this " Xbox Music cloud collection " option is region-specific, so we (India-based-Lumias) won't have this option, if am right..

I wonder why you din't encounter it, till? :razz:
(Just google for Lumia Duplicate Songs)

ID tags, that explains it :D
I have been a stickler for clean and formatted ID3 tags since I can remember including the correct album covers, so thats why I never saw this issue. I use some software called Mp3tag - Download > its insanely powerful and can accept batch processing as well. It also helps that I listen to english songs which Amazon always has a nice database of :)

Formatted ID tags are a side effect of my use of WMP to play songs :D

Flash

Lost in speed

Thanks, noob (no offense :mrgreen:) & pranav.
I will try Mp3tag this weekend.. :thumbs:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Thanks, noob (no offense :mrgreen:) & pranav.
I will try Mp3tag this weekend.. :thumbs:

PS: You WILL need to read the help to realise its power. Incredible formatting and naming abilities that its scary until you can figure out the command line (it has a GUI, but you can set a command line within it to be executed by a single button click, which is what I do). I have a collection some 11GB large and never felt the ID tags were out of control.

The following is what I use and have fount works perfectly on all music players including the lumias (notice the leading 0):
01 Song Name is Put Here.mp3

reniarahim1

Youngling

for those missing fm radio's in their lumia, time for joy. lumia amber updates coming to all lumia's except 620.

Flash

Lost in speed

^ Thanks for the update..
Nokia: Smart Camera coming to full WP8 range in July Lumia Amber Update - SlashGear

*www.theverge.com/2013/5/14/4327026/nokia-lumia-windows-phone-update-fm-radio-july

*www.4smileys.com/smileys/sport-smileys/cheerleader.gif