The Ultimate Ubuntu Customization Guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
who isnt a busy man, everyone has some or other work to do ones u get responsibilities.

Small Guide for compiz fusion installation,

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yeah mehul has setup an authentication system. i hafnt been able to test it out. held up wid my gre classes :(

the trac tho setup now is on one of the vjti servers. we are planning to scrap that project and host the whole package on sourceforge.net.... anyways lets see...

hey folks, i'm back again :) this time i bring you modded leopard gtk theme (carefully edited to match the emerald theme), leopard matching itunes skin for xmms and compatible software (bmp etc.) and a leopard theme matching firefox skin. here they are:

1) leopard gtk theme:
*rapidshare.com/files/51548354/Leopard-GTK_ANi.tar.gz.html

2) itunes skin for xmms and compatible players:
*rapidshare.com/files/51548331/iTunes_Leopard.tar.gz.html

3) firefox theme:
*rapidshare.com/files/51548985/Firefox-Leopard.jar.html

*************************************************************************************

hey folks, for the moment the trac system has been scraped and i've submitted the project at SF.net for their review. lets hope we get a go and this project will be listed at SF.net :)

still waiting for its approval from sourceforge.net. guess it may take upto 2 dayz or so. the pack is ready. it weighs a hefty 38MiB (with the gnome macmenu hack included, that alone is 20mb!).

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
its just a compilation of the whole package (it includes almost everything to turn a linux box into a mac box). i submitted a request at sourceforge.net for hosting it. after first stage of scrutinizing they've tagged the project as APT. a status indicating that a project is an 'APT' means that the project request has been flagged as an Abandoned Project Takeover. these take 2 to 3 weeks to be fully processed. so i guess i gotta wait till that time.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
@infra, cool man
the package what u have prepared will work on for a restricted version of ubuntu distro(i assume u made the package on ubuntu).
hope this package should click to many users.

Hurray!!!!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yeah, and everything that i've created/modded is GPL'd so no probs there too :) plus, it will work on any system wid GTK out there... linux, unix, unix like.. whatever uses gtk.

lets hope the request is considered asap and we can host the transformation pack there. the best thing about this is that wid jus a few clicks you can return back to normal ubuntu theme :)

vish786

"The Gentleman"
infra_red_dude said:
the best thing about this is that wid jus a few clicks you can return back to normal ubuntu theme :)
oh... then people will definitely be tempted to use this " Mac Transformation Pack ". Name Given to it. :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hurray!! :) project has been approved!!

*sourceforge.net/projects/mac4lin/

need to get workin on it now! :) :)

btw, the name of the project is not mac transformation pack; its Mac4Lin :)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I believe I can take up creating debian and ubuntu packages for the same.
Someone up for rpm packaging?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i'm still not given DNS.. till its done i can't upload the files. i've placed the project still in the planning stage. i haf the files ready. i need to document the stuff.

of corz we need more ppl for alpha testing. mehul said he'll take care of debian and related. RPM anyone? we can also consider gentoo ppl. i think rocket will surely help :)

am in the process of uploading the alpha version now. its a bare release. jus for testing purposes.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
gx_saurav said:
Screenshots plz
*sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=204373

lets not deviate the thread. continue any and every discussion abt the mac4lin project in this thread: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66799

Last edited:

vish786

"The Gentleman"
@infra_red, i'm ready to make rpm package.
once i complete it, i will go for making an gentoo pack too.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
offtopic: thanks vish :) i'm uploading the pack now. we need to test it fully before packaging. vish further discussions in thread mentioned above, plz :)

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
TO IFR Dude Here are few addon you may neeed // The GTK theme I gave you for full tarnsparency collides with Compiz Fusion and Give blank Prefrence screen so get this is you pack :)

GTK : - *www.filefactory.com/file/efde58
Icon : - *www.filefactory.com/file/0a13c5
Wallpaper : - *gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=39092
GDM theme : - *gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=33520

Splash Screen Manager

Code:
sudo aptitude install gnome-splashscreen-manager
The theme I used ; - *www.winamp.com/skins/details.php?id=28198

All thses you will end here :)

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/4525_m1i4q/Screenshot.png​

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
thank you for the input shashwat :) keep the comments and inputs flowing. i've included a separate gtk theme which is compatible wid the composite manager. all resources haf been edited to match the leopard look as much as possible. i'm in the process of uploading files. i think it'll get over in a few mins. keep checking the other thread. also, once uploaded plz download, test and give ur valuable feedback :)

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Sure buddy. I would have contributed . But since I did not know how to make .deb,.rpm files I am feeling helpless :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom