The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

dmplog

Right off the assembly line
I have been using S01 (i5) laptop for last couple of months. Although, I am very happy with the laptop (build quality, finish, display and performance), the keys on the keyboard are making squeaking noise. It is very audible when Spacebar is used. Does this come under warranty? And can Samsung CC replace my keyboard?

dexbg

Journeyman
Yes. This is the first thing I noticed with my S01 as well , I thought it was just with mine.

Keys are squeaky.

And the touch pad click is loud but not problem for me,I prefer the tactile feel.

nikhildewan

Broken In
Its adaptive brightness. It saves battery and you can turn it off from power options if you want.

I have verified the adaptive brightness option. Turned it off for both on-power and battery mode, still it's happening. It seems as of some loose connection.

What you say?

Just wanted to know its seriousness, if its important which might create an issue in long run, I should consider talking to customer care else not.

sherif

Broken In
Dear friends anybody interested in i7 version plz contact me 9961829685
purchase date july 31
2 year warranty
no overheating no throttling issue so far
laptop+carrybag

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
purchase date july 31
2 year warranty
laptop+carrybag

Please don't give out your number in public. Instead ask the interested members to Pm you.

xpert007

Broken In
I have been using S01 (i5) laptop for last couple of months. Although, I am very happy with the laptop (build quality, finish, display and performance), the keys on the keyboard are making squeaking noise. It is very audible when Spacebar is used. Does this come under warranty? And can Samsung CC replace my keyboard?

r u using the laptop's keyboard while playing games also?
keyboard does makes some noise while typing , does this one makes loud squeaking noise than other laptops keyboards ??

some users had told about the low contrast ratio ? where we can feel the difference in contrast ratio between 2 lappys one having higher than other ?
in normal usage , playing games , watching movies inside room(well lit) , does any problem arises due 2 this low contrast ratio?

purchase date july 31
2 year warranty
laptop+carrybag

why r u selling it?
r u facing some mazor issue ?

i am going to buy a laptop in next few weeks ... i am finding this lappy with its configuration very interesting ?
shud i opt for it or not ?
many usrrs r expiericing some strange issues with this lappy?
waht about throttling issue , heating issue and fps drop issue while playing games?
does all this issue are not there with the release of offcial gt650m drivers or now also it exists?

ajsta

Right off the assembly line
Hi. I cant seem to figure out how to get the free extended warranty for my np550... i bought this augst 28th...
what site should i go to? please help me out...
Im pretty much screwed over right now. Screen got a line on it... keyboard has short circuit... keys are all making sounds....

daksh

Journeyman
I have verified the adaptive brightness option. Turned it off for both on-power and battery mode, still it's happening. It seems as of some loose connection.

What you say?

Just wanted to know its seriousness, if its important which might create an issue in long run, I should consider talking to customer care else not.
Right click-graphic properties-select advance-go to power-select battery-switch off optimize for battery or something. Bingo.

sakii

\m/ \m/
Hi. I cant seem to figure out how to get the free extended warranty for my np550... i bought this augst 28th...
what site should i go to? please help me out...
Im pretty much screwed over right now. Screen got a line on it... keyboard has short circuit... keys are all making sounds....

U get ur laptop to service centre first......sk fr extended warranty thn....call samsung hlpline fr it

purchase date july 31
2 year warranty
laptop+carrybag

no overheating no throttling issue so far **

** conditions apply.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Played Prince of Persia The forgotten Sands on this lappy, don't think that its a 2008 game so that won't be a problem, but still i felt game had pretty amazing graphics. played at 900p at Ultra settings with 16xAA.

click on the spoilers
*i49.tinypic.com/2cj5o0.jpg
*i48.tinypic.com/96x9bt.jpg

i got 45 fps in hardcore battle scene and in normal situation was above 50 fps.

drkrack

Broken In
They had inspected it before,
Had booked for lcd replacement week ago,

Today just replaced it,
Excellent service, satisfied

:):)

arani

whiz kid
*i45.tinypic.com/ng974.png

Splinter Cell: Conviction maxxed out @ 900p..gameplay for ~1hour..no throttling.. :) :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom