The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

xpert007

Broken In
please tell after downloading the latest offcial gt650m driver , during playing games it throttles and gets heated up as before the release....

during normal usage , without playing games, does it throttles and gets heated or this problemm occurs when playing games.......

pratyush997

Inactive
please tell after downloading the latest offcial gt650m driver , during playing games it throttles and gets heated up as before the release....

during normal usage , without playing games, does it throttles and gets heated or this problemm occurs when playing games.......
To confirm Throttle Check my Sig.

Conan

Broken In
Just had to post this. I played Divinity 2 for more than 3 hours. It was released in 2011, so, it is one of the newer games I've tried on the laptop. Resolution: 1600*900, FSAA, 4xAF, Shadows & HDR on, most other settings high. Don't know exact fps because I don't have FRAPS but not even once did the game get unplayable. Here are the temps. (Ambient temp. 32 deg. C, Laptop cooler - Notepal C1)
*i48.tinypic.com/2j0fhi8.jpg

This lappy rocks! :number1:

pratyush997

Inactive
Just had to post this. I played Divinity 2 for more than 3 hours. It was released in 2011, so, it is one of the newer games I've tried on the laptop. Resolution: 1600*900, FSAA, 4xAF, Shadows & HDR on, most other settings high. Don't know exact fps because I don't have FRAPS but not even once did the game get unplayable. Here are the temps. (Ambient temp. 32 deg. C, Laptop cooler - Notepal C1)
*i48.tinypic.com/2j0fhi8.jpg

This lappy rocks! :number1:
Where the faq do you Live... Faqin chilling temps.. :p{

RON28

Cyborg Agent
New samsung laptop LINK

i think samsung launched this new model to compete with DELL INSPIRON 15R, nice i liked it.

Sam R

Right off the assembly line
yes, That is a cool series but i did not like its battery timing, i have used it, after 8 to 10 months it battery start to week and the die:|

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Amazing bang for buck. That's crazy.
yes and it has chicklet keyboard like ours...only 768p resolution but along with AMD 7670M and 1TB hard disk, i guess people will get it dirt cheap at diwali.

yes, That is a cool series but i did not like its battery timing, i have used it, after 8 to 10 months it battery start to week and the die:|

what are you saying? it has been launched recently, how come you used it for 8-10 months?

shivang

Right off the assembly line
HELP ME CHOOSING THE RIGHT ONE..

I know Samsung NP550P5C-S01IN has 1600x900 resolution and good pixel density with 300 nits brightness.bt also has poor contrast ratio of 121:1 while both Dell inspiron 15R and its SE version has approx 553:1(glossy one) and 500:1(matte).. if anyone has looked up both laptop screen then plz give me good advice.
even my old lappie Dell inspiron 1525 has contrast ratio of 180:1 & believe me it comes no close to today's lcd panels..

Apart from heating issues it makes no sense of having awesome graphic card when ur Display sucks. :)

Pls help me bcoz i m going to buy laptop next week.

xpert007

Broken In
help guys

i am going to buy next laptop within next few weeks . i am considering samsung np550p core i5 model .
please tell me consider it or not ? how is its build quality? the configuration is among the best , dose after the release of new OFFICAL DRIVER OF GT650M now also GETS HEATED AS BEFORE? how is samsung laptop overalll?
how is samsung services for laptops?

does it now has THROTTLING ISSUE?
i will play games but as a casual gamer?

can anyone tell me the address of authorised samsung laptop dealer in kolakata ,nearby e mall or the inside e mall.

sanj

Broken In
my touchpad is a little less responsive.any one having the same issues or its the fault in my laptop.

xpert007

Broken In
Its a pretty good choice for the Casual Gamer .. Go get it.

Throttling or not.

in some of the previous reviews on TDF , some members told about the fps lag issue during playing games .

after the relaese of officil driver for gt60m , now also there is fps lag during playing?

how much is the battery life of lappy?

please tell what is the dealer price of np550p5c i5 model in kolkata .pls anyone give me the complete address along with phone no. of the samsung dealer /authorised store in kolkata where this lappy is available.

prashanth2692

Broken In
hi guys
i have been following this link from long time
can i know at what price and free accesories you people have got this laptop........... :)
i gonna buuy this beast by the end of this week .........:cool:

p.s:-does any one get the free samsung wireless mouse with the laptop.....thank you.. floks

prashanth2692

Broken In
hi guys
can i know at what price and free accesories you people have got this laptop........... :)

p.s:-does any one get the free samsung wireless mouse with the laptop.....thank you.. floks

TheSloth

The Slowest One
hello. i got one crappy USB mouse and keyboard cover(whatever it is said). But one guy here got lots of goodies with his laptop. You need to ask for goodies they will give

Ashish247

Journeyman
hi guys

I got a Logitech wireless mouse(m185). He was ready to give me usb keyboard, headphone and PD too.. but I didnt need those so went for some reduction in price instead.. got my i5 for 51k

Suhail Malik

Broken In
Im currently possessing the i5 version (S01) version of the lappy. Now is it possible to replace its DVD optic drive with BLU RAY drive (like the one in i5 version)?? If possibe, please provide me with a link from where i can purchase the BR drive...

Top Bottom