The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

pratyush997

Inactive
my hwmonitor doesn't show the gpu temps, how to enable it??
or try Hw monitor PRO! or else if u wanna see gpu temps in HW monitor only then
trick 1- Start gpuz and then start hw monitor and then close gpu z (useless)
trick 2 - start gpu intensive app/ game and then start hw monitor !!

Theodre

In the zone
Guys is there a software (Open-source/freeware) where i can save my contents inside a folder/virtually created drive and will be able to open only when i type the password everytime???? This is because i can't get my laptop in the hands of my roommates in college:| But please do help:) Privacy is everything :)

dexbg

Journeyman
Hi

This question is for current owners..

Can you please check the underside of your Laptops and see if the Optical drive is removable via slide out method or would the whole panel need to be opened to remove it..?
Or if someone is willing to check it 'throughly' that'll be great.

I need to install an SSD by removing the Optical drive. if the Optical drive is removable by sliding it out from the side then I can install the SSD without any warranty issue otherwise I will need to open the whole back panel which might kill the warranty..!!

Please some one check.

-thanks..

pratyush997

Inactive
or this
How to Lock Or Hide A Folder, A File Or A Drive On The Computer

Hi

This question is for current owners..

Can you please check the underside of your Laptops and see if the Optical drive is removable via slide out method or would the whole panel need to be opened to remove it..?
Or if someone is willing to check it 'throughly' that'll be great.

I need to install an SSD by removing the Optical drive. if the Optical drive is removable by sliding it out from the side then I can install the SSD without any warranty issue otherwise I will need to open the whole back panel which might kill the warranty..!!

Please some one check.

-thanks..
There ain't any slide out mechanism but there are three screws! one is inside the middle panel which can be removed to access RAM and HDD and other two are just at both sides of ODD [I'm not sure about this!] if i'm correct plz lemme know!......be sure to contact Samsung CC first

Theodre

In the zone
Lock and Hide Folder - CNET Download.com

Thanks for the reply but it's a trialware!!:( I appreciate a freeware or a Open-source software :) Do you know, with which i can password protect my content??? Just like a dropbox folder my friend!! BUT IT SHOULD BE OFFLINE AND PASSWORD PROTECTED :)

dexbg

Journeyman
or this
How to Lock Or Hide A Folder, A File Or A Drive On The Computer

There ain't any slide out mechanism but there are three screws! one is inside the middle panel which can be removed to access RAM and HDD and other two are just at both sides of ODD [I'm not sure about this!] if i'm correct plz lemme know!......be sure to contact Samsung CC first

Thanks for checking.. Is there separate panel for the ODD or are there any screws specific to the ODD ..??

Can you upload a high res pic of the area .. :D
much obliged ..

btw I chatted with Samsung US support and they told me that removing any internal part (ODD etc) voids the warranty which is understandable .. but I'm wondering if I can put it back for servicing then I'm goo

pratyush997

Inactive
Thanks for checking.. Is there separate panel for the ODD or are there any screws specific to the ODD ..??

Can you upload a high res pic of the area .. :D
much obliged ..

btw I chatted with Samsung US support and they told me that removing any internal part (ODD etc) voids the warranty which is understandable .. but I'm wondering if I can put it back for servicing then I'm goo

Well!......I donno have digital Cam.. but clicked pics by my Nokia X6(5 MP CAM) So donno expect much from me...Sorry!
Ps- I lost my Screw Driver so Couldn't open middle panel....sorry!
Pics are in spoiler

Edit:-Unscrewing these screws should make ODD to Pop-out from its BAY
*i.imgur.com/PyLmz.jpg

*i.imgur.com/zW36X.jpg

*i.imgur.com/hN7s4.jpg

Last edited:

ujjwal007

Lost in games
hey anybody here ordered the lappy from fosila???? i remember there is someone who did but just dont remember who is he...please tell if you got the lappy sucessfully i m little worried of ordering from them i checked the samsung showroom today ( last option ) they said they can get it if i order them and made a deal but those *******s quoted me 62k :-x which 3.5k more then online fosila is selling for 58.5k i can't spent 4 k more for same things and they are just giving free bag which fosila also giving they will get the lappy in 4-5 days and fosila 7-9 days what you think guys what should i do now? :-? please comment those who purchased from fosila i m definetely remember someone did here! and he even got the call from them that they are giving a free cup with it i m sure!

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast
that crash problem is with game itself....i listened from many friends when they minimize it and when try to open it crashes

But when I try it on my Desktop (with Intel Core i5-2310 and HD 3000) there is no such problem...
The funny thing is that when I do "open with graphic processor --> Integrated Graphics" the problem remains!!
And what about the constant FPS drops, is it due to throttling of CPU or GPU? Any word on that, as I checked the NVIDIA website today and there was no recommended drivers (only the Beta ones).
Thanks again...

Theodre

In the zone
Guys does this laptop comes with a bag?????? Laptop bag??? cos i have to get my lap which was shipped to my dads friends address!!! It's a long journey and can anyone list out whats all included within the the box when the lappy is delivered??????:)

ujjwal007

Lost in games
hey anybody here ordered the lappy from fosila???? i remember there is someone who did but just dont remember who is he...please tell if you got the lappy sucessfully i m little worried of ordering from them i checked the samsung showroom today ( last option ) they said they can get it if i order them and made a deal but those *******s quoted me 62k :-x which 3.5k more then online fosila is selling for 58.5k i can't spent 4 k more for same things and they are just giving free bag which fosila also giving they will get the lappy in 4-5 days and fosila 7-9 days what you think guys what should i do now? :-? please comment those who purchased from fosila i m definetely remember someone did here! and he even got the call from them that they are giving a free cup with it i m sure!

any help ? how is shopclues they are giving it for 57.700 but dont know thy offering bag free with it or not

Top Bottom