The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

Anirban Dev

Broken In
This is somewhat off-topic, but looking at the volume these models (Samsung and DELL S.E) have sold(judging by the sample group of these forums), does no one else find it odd that HP/Asus/Lenovo are taking their sweet time in releasing in India good Ivy Bridge/GPU combos. I think most will be able to price an i5/GT650m combo under 60k in order to be competetive.Wonder what they are waiting for.

arani

whiz kid
URGENT PROBLEM!!! I made a clean install of Windows 7 HP on my laptop. When I am trying to install Samsung Recovery Solution, the following message appears-

"There is no Samsung Recovery Area in your hard disk drive"

7764792612_bbd2390be1_z.jpg

But I never deleted the Recovery Partition. It is still there.

7764792290_b4dbf6b428_c.jpg

Please help!!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

pratyush997

Inactive
u may delete that Partition>reboot>start easy settings>install all drivers
I may be wrong So first confirm and then del. that partition!

Funny

Broken In
Played Run for almost 2 hours, here are the results :

Fraps Log:
2012-08-12 16:11:42 - Need For Speed The Run
Frames: 1789 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 29.817 - Min: 27 - Max: 32

Display Settings:
1366x768 at 60Hz

Temps and Advanced Display Settings:
*i.imgur.com/7isuu.jpg

I satisfied with my i7.

sakii

\m/ \m/
Same thing happened with me twice, that sound was from optical drive i guess...my battery wear level went to 16% but now again it came to 0% thanks to pratyush :razz: and 55C during normal browsing is normal. don't worry about it. i don't use turbo mode...i changed CPU max to 60% and play skyrim at 30-45fps :)
I want to know that how to reduce battery wear lvl iff it has already increased. mine currently showing 3%

Though I m not in mood to go for clean installation. But will there b any benefit iff I do so. As there arent any bloatware in it.

pratyush997

Inactive
@ron28 Urs welcome bro!!
^^^ Do a samrt battery calibration in bios
F2(while booting)>navigate to Advance in BIOS Settings>hit "Smart battery callibration"

ratul

█████████████████
Played Run for almost 2 hours, here are the results :

Fraps Log:
2012-08-12 16:11:42 - Need For Speed The Run
Frames: 1789 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 29.817 - Min: 27 - Max: 32

Display Settings:
1366x768 at 60Hz

Temps and Advanced Display Settings:
*i.imgur.com/7isuu.jpg

I satisfied with my i7.

you can try in ultra settings, and results will be the same, NFS Run is default capped at 30fps, need to install a patch (google it) to go beyond 30fps..
I ended run in ultra settings @ 30fps..

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@Funny: Did You set 'High Performance' in Power Options? if not then try it. The fps should be 60 as you are playing in medium settings
EDIT: "NFS Run is default capped at 30fps", didn't know that
@ratul: Did you patch? If yes then what are the fps now you are getting?

Last edited:

Funny

Broken In
Yes, I am not sure about the FPS, maybe because I have disabled V-Sync in nVidia settings. But the game is smooth!

@ Swapnil: Yes I was using High Performance. Tried changing to Turbo mode, din't make any difference. Must apply some patch I guess!

Top Bottom