The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
All good but that 16GB = 12GB storage is the only downer. Great Chip inside and then three games like RR3 MC4 Gangster Vegas or Asphalt or the likes will eat up around 6 GB and music around 2 GB atleast and then photos and etc etc, but then at that price I should be in hell for complaining!!!!!

Any news on the audio chip of the Mi3 guys?

kaz

right here
Rooting this device is the easiest
Xiaomi earns most of its money from its paid softwares likes themes...

SunE

Professional Newbie
What? Chinese phone for PoPs? At least an iPhone 5C or 4s :D

LOL he doesn't like iPhones. Too small of a screen plus some basic features are missing(not trying to start a debate here, I own an iPad 4 and love it:) ). He's currently using a Grand and it's running good but I wanted something new for him. Was considering the HTC Desire 816 for him but after all these Xiaomi and ASUS phones launched I'm totally confused what to buy :p

Common guys dont call yourself as geeks.we all know xaiomi is selling for low prices. Xiaomi want to enetr in indian market and they dont even have their own software division.

HTC, Sony , Samusng, Apple pose high price because they work on software updates for specific period, but in case of Xiaomi its not.

After getting considerable market share xiaomi will increase teh price but not like sony etc

Xiaomi are the makers of MIUI ROM which is available for a lot of phones, is updated weekly and is highly customizable. Plus the reason for no support from XDA is probably the fact that the phone is not that widely available. But India has a lot of talented developers. I'm sure they'll come up with something.

kaz

right here
Why everyone is so stressing on the fact that kernel source is not available...LG never released Kernel Source for my Optimus One and was officially stuck at GB...We got CM9(ICS) which was better than LG's own GB and now I'm running CM11(KitKat) just after 1-2months of it being launched :D
Even filing a petition didn't work because Qualcomm showed no interest in making some libs (library files) public...

All a phone need is a great developer....

kaz

right here
I almost decide to sell my s2 but i might skip this for mi4 because of no external sd card

Then there will be ARMv8 devices to wait for ;)

- - - Updated - - -

*** New Device Forum Requests *** - Page 1482 - XDA Forum

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Then there will be ARMv8 devices to wait for ;)

- - - Updated - - -

*** New Device Forum Requests *** - Page 1482 - XDA Forum

they are already here.. ;) lenovo even launched 1 15 days back , samsung models showed up on benchmarks .. launch is a mere 15 days away

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
they are already here.. ;) lenovo even launched 1 15 days back , samsung models showed up on benchmarks .. launch is a mere 15 days away

Those may not even get launched here just like Snapdragon versions never do. :lol:

and that Lenovo one may get over shadowed due to qHD screen, only 1 GB ram (source: Lenovo A805e with 5.5-inch display, Snapdragon 410 SoC unveiled ) and Mi3/Mi4 launch.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Those may not even get launched here just like Snapdragon versions never do. :lol:

and that Lenovo one may get over shadowed due to qHD screen, only 1 GB ram (source: Lenovo A805e with 5.5-inch display, Snapdragon 410 SoC unveiled ) and Mi3/Mi4 launch.

i meant to say phones sporting Sd 410 have started appearing meaning other Sd 410 phones should be launching soon.. didn't mean to say they were better phones

kaz

right here

That Lenovo one is crappy just look at its screen specs and you wont further go down the specs :p

- - - Updated - - -

i meant to say phones sporting Sd 410 have started appearing meaning other Sd 410 phones should be launching soon.. didn't mean to say they were better phones

Hopefully by year's end...That's why I said when Mi4 will be here ARMv8 devices would be more appealing...Xiaomi might use that in Redmi 2s :p

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
HCL Touch a third party third class after sales support for the Xiaomi, horrible mistake. I had harrowing time dealing with my Lenovo smart phone and HCL and Lenovo. Neither has clue as to what is happening. Im still going through it, if things dosnt sort out ,its over a month now of lies and deceit ,Ill move court,yes guys its that bad! Never ever buy a Lenovo smartphone unless they open up their direct after sales support. Sadly Xiaomi has done the same mistake. Ill rather buy a low specd hTC Desire 816 or Sony Xperia or even a hTC 616 rather than a high speccd smartphone with third class after sales support being handed out to third rate third partry ASS as HCL Touch.

Last edited:

kaz

right here
In most such cases the phone is handed to the main Service Center, which is IMO operated by the company...

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Its the communication and co-ordination between the two that creates the problem. A direct ASS cant be compensated or compared with a third party.

And you are wrong in certain aspects. Its not only hand over median, eg HCL Touch actually carry out repairs on site on behalf of Lenovo. Xiaomi have accepted the same Modus Operandi!

ranadive

Right off the assembly line
What kind of screen does it have Corning Gorilla glass 2/3 or sapphire glass? Also does it support other storage via USB (OTP Cable)?

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
What kind of screen does it have Corning Gorilla glass 2/3 or sapphire glass? Also does it support other storage via USB (OTP Cable)?
just read the specs posted by OP carefully
there is no info of glass technology.

the bundled earphones are not crappy as far I'm concerned

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
there is no bundled headphones as far as i have read...
you will have to buy the mipiston headhphones which is quite a looker and seems good too

have seen mentioned at different places the screen as gorilla glass 3..
*www.facebook.com/xiaomichina/posts/613102325392031 xiaomi official page

it would be a good idea to read the thread before posting !!!..mentioned already it has USB-OTG

All a phone need is a great developer....
this isnt as easy it sounds
im still using Galaxy SL the effort the community took to get a working cyanogen mod was tremendous..and nowcurrently running 4.4.4 ,its good,but not perfect.. but to reach this point it took almost 3 years and samsung/TI never released sources for this phone..the lucky break came when Optimus black released theirs..and couple of developers who contributed something along the way

Top Bottom