The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^ Well, its for you to decide surely. Mac Users are not salesmen.

You will have to unlearn few Windowsy things and relearn in the Mac way. But that wont take long. It was basically 1 day for me. I bought my MacBook 2 months ago..

Multimedia Apps, some of the best ones exist for Mac only.

Basically you will see a Mac lasts linger than PC. Even years later, you'd be running your iMac with the latest Mac OS and giggle about it like a schoolgirl. :D

Check out Apple's official Page on Why to Get a Mac.

Cost Analysis. Macs are more expensive?

The geeky, Why Macs are good?

10 Reasons - Why Mac?

Damn, you can just Google man! But trust me, you might have made up your mind by now. For your tasks, I'm sure Macs will be better.

And please don't go by others and evaluate on the cost factor. There's more to it. And afterall you are upgrading after 7 years, so a good purchase is a must.

I think 24" iMac should be better. The baseline 24" is cheap and should get your tasks done, but for future-proffing, get something higher end.

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
As much as I love watching the Apple Keynote presentations I hate to download it from iTunes podcasts. I am stuck so downloading this March 17th event for hours now. Can anyone give me a direct link to it so that I can download it from iGetter ?
iTunes is taking ages to download 786Mb of podcasts :-(
A direct link please ( No torrents )

IronManForever

Fu(k. Just realised that I was legible for the 'iLife 09 upgrade plan'. Its possible till March 28.

But no, I don't have a an international credit card. No one I know does, except relatives outside. Its too late now anyways.

jamesbond007 said:
A direct link please ( No torrents )
Why no torreents, thats not illegitimate. You get the Keynote without restrictions anyways..

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
^^^A public tracker with good seeds is welcome but no pvt trackers, why risk ratio for a thing thats free!!
illegitimate --> Not applicable in India.. Sue me ;-)

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Hello, boys.

Boy, it sure has been a long time that I was last posting around here.

Just an update, I'm now using an awesome Unibody MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz that I received as replacement from Apple. If the configs on the first page still matter, I'd appreciate if someone changed them.

:)

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
^^^ Hello Preshit, hope you are fine. Its real sad that you people ( Aayush, Ashwin, Preshit, Darky ) have almost deserted this Forum. Are you guys hanging out somewhere else ?? I guess so .....

*img99.imageshack.us/img99/8780/picture1l.jpg

Okay now let me explain : That one is a brand new iLife '09 and I swear to god the first thing that comes to my mind when I think Picture/Photo/Album is AK. Now if I may ask you, if the only images in my iPhoto Library are of AK then why doesn't Faces recognize it ??

yash

I draw every day
well, iphoto faces feature is far from perfect as of now. me and.. u remember this guy who goes by aryayush?.. both of us have talked about its problems and have learned to not rely on it too much. I still tag photos with the names of ppl instead of wasting time drawing squares around people's faces that iphoto didnt detect.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hey Macboys, I want to confirm something whether it is available in Mac OS X or not.

I have an Intel DG31PR motherboard with onboard realtek HD Audio. I got 3 audio connector pins on the rear panel & 2 on the front Panel of my CPU chassis. I am running Windows Vista SP1.

Two days ago me & my brother decided to watch a movie on my PC but we had no speakers. So I connected my Philips headphones to the rear connector & connected another old Philips HPF 250 headphone to the front audio connector. The audio was coming from both the headphone for the same movie playing in Windows Media Player 11.

Then another friend came, she also wanted to see the movie but we had no more head phones. So I decided to check whether her EP-630 will work or not. I plugged it in the front Panel Audio In port which is pink colored & to my surprice Audio was coming from it too :D. Nice to see 3 headphones working together.

Now the best part, after some tweaking I was able to set my headphones in such a way that rear panel headphone was giving audio of movie which front panel port was giving audio running in Winamp.

Using this method, yesterday after getting my X-mini speakers, I configured my PC & now I can play a movie in X-mini speakers while music from Winamp in the headphone at the same time.

Is something like this possible using Mac?

yash

I draw every day
Hey Macboys, I want to confirm something whether it is available in Mac OS X or not.

I have an Intel DG31PR motherboard with onboard realtek HD Audio. I got 3 audio connector pins on the rear panel & 2 on the front Panel of my CPU chassis. I am running Windows Vista SP1.

Two days ago me & my brother decided to watch a movie on my PC but we had no speakers. So I connected my Philips headphones to the rear connector & connected another old Philips HPF 250 headphone to the front audio connector. The audio was coming from both the headphone for the same movie playing in Windows Media Player 11.

Then another friend came, she also wanted to see the movie but we had no more head phones. So I decided to check whether her EP-630 will work or not. I plugged it in the front Panel Audio In port which is pink colored & to my surprice Audio was coming from it too :D. Nice to see 3 headphones working together.

Now the best part, after some tweaking I was able to set my headphones in such a way that rear panel headphone was giving audio of movie which front panel port was giving audio running in Winamp.

Using this method, yesterday after getting my X-mini speakers, I configured my PC & now I can play a movie in X-mini speakers while music from Winamp in the headphone at the same time.

Is something like this possible using Mac?

What a futile endeavor.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Oh my goodness, do you even have a use of such a setup?
I'm curious too.

I do when I have one or 2 friends in my home & we have to watch a movie or something keeping in mind not to disturb my parents or family members in the other room. In this scenario using headphones is the only option & good that with my PC I am able to use 3 headphones at the same time while none of my family members are disturbed.

Keep in mind that my Philips HSP8900 & HPF-250 headphones have 4 meter long cord so we can sit on the bed & enjoy. I also got a bluetooth over the ear headphone, so I can use 3 headphones if I need to, that's called expandability with PC & Windows :D

What a futile endeavor.

To pwn me, plz mention whether this kind of custom setup is possible with Mac OS X?

OMG OMG is that what you call an 'Out of the Box Experience' ??

gx you should see 'Get a Mac' ads... I mean seriously.

Out of the box on a Windows Setup I can use 3 headphones without any kind of configuration, just plug them in.

Out of the box on a Mac Setup I cannot use 3 headphones at all. If that's not the case then instead of deviating from the topic plz mention whether this can be done on a Mac at all or not?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Its no PC vs Mac. I just want to know whether this is possible in Mac or not?

Instead of writing all that, please test yourself & state whether it is possible.

Last edited:
Most probably not.
Oh gawd we Macboys suck!! Hail waindows! Windows pwns OS X teh unloose!!

All Macboys smash your Macs and get a Windows based PC. You'll be able to use 3 headphones. OMG!!

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Most probably not.
Oh gawd we Macboys suck!! Hail waindows! Windows pwns OS X teh unloose!!

All Macboys smash your Macs and get a Windows based PC. You'll be able to use 3 headphones. OMG!!

Umm....why are you assuming things on your own? I just wanted to know whether it is possible in Mac OS X or not cos Mac OS X also uses Intel HD Audio & if you install Vista on a Mac hardware then this thing should also works with Vista.

Geezzz, what r u, 13?

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
To pwn me, plz mention whether this kind of custom setup is possible with Mac OS X?
You could just buy one of those devices which outputs one jack into multiple ports ?

Check out Apple's official Page on Why to Get a Mac.

Cost Analysis. Macs are more expensive?

The geeky, Why Macs are good?

10 Reasons - Why Mac?
Nice articles to read through. Thanks for the links.

IronManForever

^ I was thinking the same all along. Its not that difficult to get a port replicator kind of thing.

@gxsaurav I think that's possible because of the loaded Intel driver. Try that with the default Windows driver(if any). I may be wrong though.
If you buy external sound cards for Mac, the tools/drivers coming with it allow such stuff.

I would try it but I don't have headphones here right now. I don't think that's possible with my MacBook anyways, or any Mac by default.

Top Bottom