The LG Optimus One Thread

k4ce

Youngling
one major f**kup with Android apps in that once you kill em, they just pop up again ... So if you actually kill apps, you are doing more harm than good ...

So in case u dont use an app at all (eg: Bollywoodji :D), use Titanium Backup to freeze the app

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I use Void Echo with a few modules... gapps, a2sd, tapps... I charged the phone 100% at night. In the morning, the battery drained to 73%. No live wallpapers. Wifi On, GPS off, EDGE off, Sync off.

i too have exactly same config. void Echo with same modules. if i charge at night, without WiFi on, my charge gets down to 99-98%. 27% battery drain overnight. something wrong.

Till afternoon, with medium usage, it was 23%...

:x

Yes... I agree... I should jump ship. CM7 is out of beta today... Engadget said that. Hopefully, in a week or so, it would be ported to O1...

yup. CM7 is out today & i really like the boot animation. well as work is already on, so a week or maybe 2 before we have a bugfree (upto some extent) CM7 on our mobile.

I checked battery status, most of the battery is consumed by Android System (60%).!

do you have any Nandroid backup? you may apply it.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
void echo would offer you one of the best battery backup's if used without jit and hwacc... if u want even more battery life i would suggest u flash devoid and then restore nandbackup..

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^^^ I have deleted Nandroid backup folder. SD card was full.

How should I go about installing another ROM?

Do I have to reformat the memory card and reinstall Custom Recovery?

sim

Broken In
i have few pre loaded apps which is not of use

how can i remove them ?

as my android system drain almost 50% of battery

when i go to settings > apps > running services...... to stop apps which r running i found few apps running...like

LGDunService 3:18:31

SIMcontactsService 3:18 :31

Google Messaging Ser 3:18:31

UpdateService 30 : 11

DrmService 3:18:31

Android Keyboard 3 :18: 31

at the bottom....its showing > 83MB IN 4 Avail : 164MB + 137MB in 25

should i stop any of these apps & will it make my battery life better ?

right now my battery useage after 9h 17m 22s since unplugged is >

Android System ....... 46%

Cell Stand by ......... 18%

phone idle .............. 11%

android OS.............. 10%

voice calls.............. 8%

display................... 6%

mediaserver............ 3%

hungry shark 2 free.... 2%

are they normal & why android system use so much battery & how to lower it ?

my battery was 100% 10 hrs ago & now it is 49% .....and i have used 30min of internet ,1 hr of gaming & few normal usage

is it ok ?

please help

friends please suggest some tips how can i lower my android system drainage & please comment on above conf. & stats

any suggestion will be higly appreciated

looking forward for a reply

thanks again

lol :-D

You don't have to reinstall custom recovery again in future. :!::!:

If you are installing new rom, check the developer post. He must have added steps which partition to use. Most of the roms works on ext3 partitions. if you are using the same partition which the new rom support, just wipe all and flash. No need to format memory card. (backup apps/data through titanium backup)

Else, you have to format the memory card as per the requirement of that rom.

friends please suggest some tips how can i lower my android system drainage & please comment on above conf. & stats

any suggestion will be higly appreciated

looking forward for a reply

thanks again

You are using default rom, and to remove the preinstalled apps, you have to root your phone. For the details regarding rooting/recovery etc :

[READ FIRST] [REF] Repository of howto's, roms, kernel, etc. - xda-developers

Regarding battery usage, it all depends how you use it. If you are using it with 3g, it gonna drain faster etc.

You might installed some third party apps which is consuming so much battery. The default roms are capable of giving 1.5 days of battery backup with normal usage.

How old is your phone ? If your phone is new, give some charge cycles to get the battery adjusted with the phone system.

BTW : Don't worry about the system usage etc.

sim

Broken In
my phone is 1 month old & i dont use 3g or any heavy apps

but my android system makes 50% or more of battery usage

as i posted about my running apps can u suggest what to do about them ?

thanks

bharathbala2003

why need title?

You don't have to install custom recovery again.. although i suggest that you flash Mik's CM7 .. if you want a very stable release go for the beta 4 (link should be in the thread in xda just search for it there if unable pm me)

If you are going to install cm7 over void i am afraid ul lose the data as you need to wipe ur cache n stuff.. but there is an easier way of re-installing ur apps.. get appbrain from android market and sync ur installed apps using it.. once u reflash u can install app brain and go about installing the same apps again..

You don't have to install custom recovery again.. although i suggest that you flash Mik's CM7 .. if you want a very stable release go for the beta 4 (link should be in the thread in xda just search for it there if unable pm me)

If you are going to install cm7 over void i am afraid ul lose the data as you need to wipe ur cache n stuff.. but there is an easier way of re-installing ur apps.. get appbrain from android market and sync ur installed apps using it.. once u reflash u can install app brain and go about installing the same apps again..

Why he will lose data ? Backup using titanium and restore it. I keep changing roms (CM7/Andy/Froyo) whenever there is a new update. :smile:

Currently, flashing my friends rom which is in testing period lol

bharathbala2003

why need title?
that depends on where titanium back up is installed :p (i had it moved to sd card which meant when formatting i would lose the apps) but then i never bothered using titanium backup.. or nandroid.. just re-installing apps will take 10 mins or so

my phone is 1 month old & i dont use 3g or any heavy apps

but my android system makes 50% or more of battery usage

as i posted about my running apps can u suggest what to do about them ?

thanks

Its not easy to figure out from the list you posted here. There can be tons of reasons like autosync on, facebook using maps, OR THIS etc etc. The easiest way for you to reset your phone to factory settings and then give it a try.

Also, I have not used the original rom from 2nd day of my purchase. So, I am not sure if original roms battery backup sucks or not.

that depends on where titanium back up is installed :p (i had it moved to sd card which meant when formatting i would lose the apps) but then i never bothered using titanium backup.. or nandroid.. just re-installing apps will take 10 mins or so

Really ?? lol :p

Just backup using Titanium apps, go to device sd card and copy the titanium backup folder to your pc.

Flash/format do whatever u want then copy the folder back to memory card, install titanium back and restore.

It doesn't matter if its installed in phone memory, card memory or system apps folder :D :D

PS : I have installed 200+ apps, would it take 10 mins ? lol Ya with titanium it do take 10 mins or less though :)

bharathbala2003

why need title?
lol 200+ is kinda too much i accept.. at any given point of time i don't have more than 20-25 apps installed (i dont find the need for them :p) so i never had to use titanium backup

lol 200+ is kinda too much i accept.. at any given point of time i don't have more than 20-25 apps installed (i dont find the need for them :p) so i never had to use titanium backup

Its your choice to install as much less/more you want. :)

But giving wrong statement doesn't make sense. :)

k4ce

Youngling
Well ... Finally uploaded my custom ROM ... Check it out here ...

[ROM]- Optimum v0.8 - xda-developers

It does what I want it to do .... gives me close to two days of battery backup ...

I was actually wanting to wait till next week for the final release but thought if I put this up, ppl can try it and let me know what more can be done ... based on V10B

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
void echo would offer you one of the best battery backup's if used without jit and hwacc...

true.

if u want even more battery life i would suggest u flash devoid and then restore nandbackup..

explain please.

install Devoid. then restore nand backup = devoid replaced by something else or some other rom. so?

:facepalm: i hope you got a PC. why not save a copy of that nandroid in PC?

if you opt for CM7 or maybe Ginger, you need to as they have their own custom recovery. but 1 doubt i too am having is, will they wipe & use the existing ext partition (ext4 not supported) or what will they do?

easiest: if you are on V10C, downgrade to V10B. root. custom recovery. void echo & don't turn H/W acc on.

a bit complicated (for me): uninstall all useless apps from you mobile after you root it. but sometimes removing a safe app too can cause FC or make your mobile sluggish.

Well ... Finally uploaded my custom ROM ... Check it out here ...

[ROM]- Optimum v0.8 - xda-developers

It does what I want it to do .... gives me close to two days of battery backup ...

I was actually wanting to wait till next week for the final release but thought if I put this up, ppl can try it and let me know what more can be done ... based on V10B

cool. TDF's 1st custom rom. thanks. will wait for 1.0 & then may(will) test it.

k4ce

Youngling
Yeah .. really happy with the battery now :) ... with ungaze's help, will incorporate ruigui's scripts directly to my rom ... fix the email app bug and release ... maybe by tonight it self ... and will use it till LG gets out GB ...

bharathbala2003

why need title?
true.

explain please.

install Devoid. then restore nand backup = devoid replaced by something else or some other rom. so?

TDF's 1st custom rom. thanks. will wait for 1.0 & then may(will) test it.

What happens is when u install devoid rom u get a very light version (almost everything scrapped) which gives u excellent battery backup.. nand was suggested incase u want any of ur old data back..

btw good work on the rom altho there are quite a few light versions already available.. i think the future is going to be making 2.3 based roms rather than 2.2 :) i had my own rom running for almost a month before i flashed cm7 :p currently trying to do something with 2.3 so lets see if i can get the time to do it

Top Bottom