The LG Optimus One Thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
So friends finally got my LG O1 on monday

can any one suggest good app to monitor battery

congrats & heres some tips: no to task killing, screen brightness to low. & lastly, flash Void rom from XDA if battery is of top priority.

Good as its. When you flash froyo-GB or vice versa, wipe battery required :)

wiped battery when i flashed Nessy rom.

What does Mik's new kernel do? I am still Void Echo... Should I go for it?

idk. BTW, i felt no improvement. instead it lags sometimes (like power scrolling contact list or going from screen to screen). better stick to 1st kernal.

Last edited:

dsneih

da Mafia
congrats & heres some tips: no to task killing, screen brightness to low. & lastly, flash Void rom from XDA if battery is of top priority.

Thanks sam ... will keep this in mind ..

about battery .. need some apps just to moniter the same .. how much is left like simple % balance is enough ..

Congrats dsneih ... just get 'juice plotter' from the market to monitor battery

thanks k4ce .. will try that ...

Chetan1991

Youngling
You all are talking about this and that and here i am, who cant find it an o1 below 11k. Isn't there any o1 owner from chandigarh here?

BTW dsneih at what price did you bought your o1. and from where??

dsneih

da Mafia
i got the same for 10k in mumbai .. Its from The Mobile Store price was 10380 but seal the deal for 10k ..

In local shop i would have saved 200-300 bugs more.. but thought to stick to branded shop ..

sim

Broken In
hello .... i must thanks all friends here who r helping people to getting use to android

lg01 is i think the best android around 10k

i got my lg01 last month & now slowly i am getting to use to it :smile: but its still early days for me as i know very little about android :sad:

i have downloaded few apps from market

best free apps i have downloaded which i like

1. angry birds *****
2. hungry shark2 *****
3. floating images ****
4. paper toss ***
5. talking tom ***

i am looking for more good & useful apps

friends any free apps to get a private folder or dairy which can only be open with a password ? so that i can keep some private data in that

please suggest me a good simple free apps for that

& what exactly is the use of taskiller ....when i open my taskiller app some apps under it r in yellow text & when i press them it disapper from taskiller

on the battery usage screen, my android shows

android system ...62%
android os..........16%
cell standy..........8%

as the top 3 battery consumers . I’m not understanding if that’s using up all my battery or if that’s a good thing. If it’s bad – what can I do to drop those?? Thanks

noja

Bang! Bang!
in task killer only worry about those apps which appear in yellow text. it doesn't matter if you kill all tasks, important ones will automatically restart.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
of course important apps will restart.. but doing that often is not good for the cpu is what i read somewhere on xda.. i used to use it but then stopped it after a couple of weeks and din't notice a great difference.. there is a software called fast reboot which could be used to restart the services which simulates a reboot of your phone which works good.. go to settings-applications-running services to stop unwanted services (like maps or music when you don't use them or after u use them)... btw r u still on stock froyo? because stock has unwanted applications pre-installed..

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
My Optimus One has been giving me problems...

1. Sluggish Performance
Phone becomes sluggish, apps force close sometimes. Facebook app, NDTV app, Youtube app... you name it. Today morning, I was using Engadget app. I used it for a few minutes and then closed it. Then around 2 pm, the performance got very sluggish. I was on a phone call which wouldn't disconnect. Then I checked the notification... Watchdog said Engadget was using 74% system resources at 1:53 pm. This is just crazy... the app was not even being used.

2. Battery
I did the battery recalibration process as was detailed on this thread yesterday. But the battery drain continues... I cannot get 12 hours on medium usage... No Hardware acceleration, no overclocking...

I am a bit disappointed with the phone... :(

k4ce

Youngling

1. Sluggish Performance
Phone becomes sluggish, apps force close sometimes. Facebook app, NDTV app, Youtube app... you name it. Today morning, I was using Engadget app. I used it for a few minutes and then closed it. Then around 2 pm, the performance got very sluggish. I was on a phone call which wouldn't disconnect. Then I checked the notification... Watchdog said Engadget was using 74% system resources at 1:53 pm. This is just crazy... the app was not even being used.

2. Battery
I did the battery recalibration process as was detailed on this thread yesterday. But the battery drain continues... I cannot get 12 hours on medium usage... No Hardware acceleration, no overclocking...

What ROM are you using ?... Have you overclocked your device ?.... I am using a Beta ROM ( CM7 Beta6 by Mik_OS ) and I still get 18 hours at least ... so 12 hours is a little shoking ... maybe it depends on ur use ... So post ur useage and the ROM you are using ...

For the best battery life, u need to do this:
1. Get V10B and flash it to ur device
2. Root the device using Super One Click Root
3. Install Recovery
4. Flash Mik's kernel to minimize touchscreen bug
5. Install Titanium Backup and freeze default LG bloatware ....

noja

Bang! Bang!
I am running stock rom v10b.
I am using the default task killer and I use it only to kill opera mini, bollywoodji, astro our any other app that I have installed on my phone.
ndtv app and other website related apps are not that good and have compatibility problems on many phones.

apps like music, keyboard, memo, maps, calendar, flex provider and clock should not be killed. also phone will not get damaged if you kill tasks

sim

Broken In
i have few pre loaded apps which is not of use

how can i remove them ?

as my android system drain almost 50% of battery

when i go to settings > apps > running services...... to stop apps which r running i found few apps running...like

LGDunService 3:18:31

SIMcontactsService 3:18 :31

Google Messaging Ser 3:18:31

UpdateService 30 : 11

DrmService 3:18:31

Android Keyboard 3 :18: 31

at the bottom....its showing > 83MB IN 4 Avail : 164MB + 137MB in 25

should i stop any of these apps & will it make my battery life better ?

right now my battery useage after 9h 17m 22s since unplugged is >

Android System ....... 46%

Cell Stand by ......... 18%

phone idle .............. 11%

android OS.............. 10%

voice calls.............. 8%

display................... 6%

mediaserver............ 3%

hungry shark 2 free.... 2%

are they normal & why android system use so much battery & how to lower it ?

my battery was 100% 10 hrs ago & now it is 49% .....and i have used 30min of internet ,1 hr of gaming & few normal usage

is it ok ?

please help

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

1. Sluggish Performance

2. Battery

thats really bad & sad. the problem started suddenly? i think time to shift to new ROM. Nessy or Gingerbread or maybe new Beta6 of CM7?

looks like some apps are sucking the battery. have you force closed any app or tried any app from outside (market) source?

3. Install Recovery

safest way to good battery life without sacrificing performance.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
What ROM are you using ?... Have you overclocked your device ?.... I am using a Beta ROM ( CM7 Beta6 by Mik_OS ) and I still get 18 hours at least ... so 12 hours is a little shoking ... maybe it depends on ur use ... So post ur useage and the ROM you are using ...

3. Install Recovery

I use Void Echo with a few modules... gapps, a2sd, tapps... I charged the phone 100% at night. In the morning, the battery drained to 73%. No live wallpapers. Wifi On, GPS off, EDGE off, Sync off.

Till afternoon, with medium usage, it was 23%...

thats really bad & sad. the problem started suddenly? i think time to shift to new ROM. Nessy or Gingerbread or maybe new Beta6 of CM7?

looks like some apps are sucking the battery. have you force closed any app or tried any app from outside (market) source?

Yes... I agree... I should jump ship. CM7 is out of beta today... Engadget said that. Hopefully, in a week or so, it would be ported to O1...

I checked battery status, most of the battery is consumed by Android System (60%).

Cheers!

Top Bottom