The LG Optimus One Thread

k4ce

Youngling
downloaded Devoid #Ypsilon. Nessy#Fenice have terrible battery problem. just listening to 10min of music on headphone dropped the battery by 2% even when screen was off. i don't know if this is a special case with me, but that was a good enough reason for me to try a light rom. will upgrade to it soon.

Yes ... any ROM will hwacc will have battery issues ... Upgrade to GB only once a stable build is out there ... else battery drain will be massive ...

Yes ... any ROM will hwacc will have battery issues ... Upgrade to GB only once a stable build is out there ... else battery drain will be massive ...

with gb my battery holds for 18+ hours, though I'm a massive user/sync always on, 1-2 hours on 3g too. Wish it last for 24 hours though :-|

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

frankly, waiting for GB. H/W acc was on but performance was not upto the mark. so went back to Void.

with gb my battery holds for 18+ hours, though I'm a massive user/sync always on, 1-2 hours on 3g too. Wish it last for 24 hours though :-|

with void i was getting 2days+ battery life (battery was at 70-75% @ 6pm when i return from collage). so i can assume i'll get over 2 days of backup. i think either Mic or Andy fixed the battery drain problem. can't quite remember which rom it was, maybe CM7.

BTW after partitioning the memory card with 512Mb as ext, i am left with around 1.4Gb of free space. how can i recover that 512Mb if i decide to use the card with some other mobile?

frankly, waiting for GB. H/W acc was on but performance was not upto the mark. so went back to Void.

with void i was getting 2days+ battery life (battery was at 70-75% @ 6pm when i return from collage). so i can assume i'll get over 2 days of backup. i think either Mic or Andy fixed the battery drain problem. can't quite remember which rom it was, maybe CM7.

BTW after partitioning the memory card with 512Mb as ext, i am left with around 1.4Gb of free space. how can i recover that 512Mb if i decide to use the card with some other mobile?

Andy fixed the prob with the help of mik, so I guess both the roms has fixed it. I am not getting the battery backup as I used to get with froyo. Some more polish needs to be done for the battery issue but I can manage even if my phone gives 10 hour of battery backup.

3 ways to format:

1. Format the card from your phone
swap 0 ext 0 remaining -all

2. If you use Linux, its easy to format the card as Linux can read ext partitions.

3. Through win- use sd formatter v2.0. It can format the card to original state i.e. remove ext.

k4ce

Youngling

Andy released a much more stable rom now ... Trying it now ... it should last for a day ...

But I feel that whatever ROM you have makes no big difference in performance .. if your fone is meant to hang on level 21 in angry birds, it will ... no matter what ROM you have :D ... my $0.02

Andy released a much more stable rom now ... Trying it now ... it should last for a day ...

But I feel that whatever ROM you have makes no big difference in performance .. if your fone is meant to hang on level 21 in angry birds, it will ... no matter what ROM you have :D ... my $0.02

I saw you asking about the battery @xda :mrgreen::mrgreen:

So after a long battle, you gonna flash Gb :D

Well, you will feel the performance difference too.... my $0.02 :)

k4ce

Youngling

Already flashed :) :twisted:

PS: Double post :)

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@k4ce what are your benchmarks scores using the gb rom? i use cm7 by mik and get a good 56 fps on neocore with no oc.. and battery life is decent if not great.. atleast 15-18 hours of constant usage..

sim

Broken In
Angry Birds

Will keep you busy for a long time.

yes ur right its a good game & i already have this one.....looking for few more good games

i also want a good screen lock application.....any idea which r the good ones ? & what about good funny ringtones from android market

please put a good list of useful applications :-?

k4ce

Youngling
I saw you asking about the battery @xda :mrgreen::mrgreen:

So after a long battle, you gonna flash Gb :D

Well, you will feel the performance difference too.... my $0.02 :)

Sorry for the double post ...

And coming back to GB, i have tried milk_os Beta 3 and Beta 3.1 ... And Andy's RC1 ... but I must admit, I never used em for more than 2 days because of battery issues ... might take the plunge again ... lets see if I stick to it this time ....

Your take on the new ROM ?

Sorry for the double post ...

And coming back to GB, i have tried milk_os Beta 3 and Beta 3.1 ... And Andy's RC1 ... but I must admit, I never used em for more than 2 days because of battery issues ... might take the plunge again ... lets see if I stick to it this time ....

Your take on the new ROM ?

Haven't flashed yet, busy with Jb my iOS device coz its just released. I prefer Mik's version as its based on CM7.

For testing, will flash in the evening.

k4ce

Youngling
@k4ce what are your benchmarks scores using the gb rom? i use cm7 by mik and get a good 56 fps on neocore with no oc.. and battery life is decent if not great.. atleast 15-18 hours of constant usage..

Got a 51 in neocore and 945 in quadrant ... after running a quick test ... but i observe that my score fluctuate 10-15% ... probably best time to test is ten mins after bootup before running any other application ...

which is a better Screen guard and Micro-SD card(4GB) for LG O1?

pls help. thanks

any screenguard is fine (if you ask me, the cheaper the better ... cos you will have to keep changing em every three months) ...

Go for a class 6 card (Kingston/SanDisk) ...

Got a 51 in neocore and 945 in quadrant ... after running a quick test ... but i observe that my score fluctuate 10-15% ... probably best time to test is ten mins after bootup before running any other application ...

any screenguard is fine (if you ask me, the cheaper the better ... cos you will have to keep changing em every three months) ...

I already flashed the andy kernel to mik os, and there was not a such improvement as I thought. Might andy added patches to lib and build.prop. Have to test it now.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
which is a better Screen guard and Micro-SD card(4GB) for LG O1?

pls help. thanks

I use a sandisk 8gb class 6 card that came with my previous nokia phone and it has been working like a charm since day 1.. as for screen guard i ordered the xtreme screen guard from ebay for 4$ (free shipping) its very good i would say..

i get average of 55-57 in neocore.. and battery has been good since flashing cm7 actually.. as of now its about 15 hrs and i have 50% left.. constant wifi.. also been playing the new angry birds rio for over an hour with good amount of calling and browsing.. also have few apps running in background 24/7 so i think its pretty good.. one tip is that i use the screen at minimal brightness as i prefer it being light rather than being too bright on my eyes..

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I use a sandisk 8gb class 6 card that came with my previous nokia phone and it has been working like a charm since day 1.. as for screen guard i ordered the xtreme screen guard from ebay for 4$ (free shipping) its very good i would say..

Could you please share the link from where I might be able to buy it. Not found in Ebay India or Ebay USA.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
^^

Here you go,

xtreme guard | eBay

The p509 and p500 share same shell so can be used without any issue.. i am using it for over 3 weeks now.. you have two versions the full body one which gives u cover to the backside and the front side as a whole and protects from even fingerprint and dirt.. and a normal screen guard version.. it took me 2 weeks to reach me in UK but a friend of mine got it in 3 weeks to india.. so shipping shouldn't be an issue..

credits go to xda thread for this :)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^^

Here you go,

xtreme guard | eBay

The p509 and p500 share same shell so can be used without any issue.. i am using it for over 3 weeks now.. you have two versions the full body one which gives u cover to the backside and the front side as a whole and protects from even fingerprint and dirt.. and a normal screen guard version.. it took me 2 weeks to reach me in UK but a friend of mine got it in 3 weeks to india.. so shipping shouldn't be an issue..

credits go to xda thread for this :)

Thank you for the link. I jumped the gun and bought 5pcs Clear LCD Screen Protector Cover LG Optimus T P509
... My stock screen protector has started peeling off...

After that, I realized I need a premium one like yours, so also ordered from your link.

That means, Now I will have 5 extra screen protectors... XtremeGUARD looks good.. if it really lasts as much as it has promised (1-2 years) then I might have to throw away the cheap extra screen protectors... lol

But its still 3 weeks before I get delivery... if I ever do. I have ordered from sites liked dealextreme many times... and very few items actually reach me. I went ahead with the purchase only because it was quite cheap.

Cheers!

EDIT: Larger screen protectors from XtremeGUARD for Galaxy S and Nexus S and others are priced at $2.49... but screen protector for my cheap phone costs 4 usd... sigh...

Last edited:

bharathbala2003

why need title?
Thank you for the link. I jumped the gun and bought 5pcs Clear LCD Screen Protector Cover LG Optimus T P509
... My stock screen protector has started peeling off...

After that, I realized I need a premium one like yours, so also ordered from your link.

That means, Now I will have 5 extra screen protectors... XtremeGUARD looks good.. if it really lasts as much as it has promised (1-2 years) then I might have to throw away the cheap extra screen protectors... lol

But its still 3 weeks before I get delivery... if I ever do. I have ordered from sites liked dealextreme many times... and very few items actually reach me. I went ahead with the purchase only because it was quite cheap.

Cheers!

EDIT: Larger screen protectors from XtremeGUARD for Galaxy S and Nexus S and others are priced at $2.49... but screen protector for my cheap phone costs 4 usd... sigh...
well yeah i saw prices differ but i don't know how.. i still would say 5$ (approx 250 rs) is worth it.. considering first class postage from US.. I am not sure how he makes money when posting it for free :p anyway yeah i hope it will give me a long life.. i have been using it for 3-4 weeks now and it doesn't show any sign of wear like the cheap ones i used to get for my nokia phones

Top Bottom