The LG Optimus One Thread

kaz

right here
the dpi thing was a lot confusing so I left that....but JB on paranoid was cool :)

intalled some cm9 mdpi themes but battery drain was so fast and the fone never went to deep sleep.....so back on default neon blue ICS :(

What about the new oxygen? Did anyone try that?

heresi

Right off the assembly line
Hello everyone!
Recently I bought my first smartphone and due to good reviews I chose LG optimus one.
So far I'm pretty much satisfied with it, however there is this one problem that keeps bothering me:
Often screen gets stuck/frozen in a blank(black) state with background button keys being active and all the keys being non-responsive. To get out of that state, only choice I have is to take baterry out.

I am pretty sure this problem has been already solved in these 136 pages, however I hope someone will be able to point out where to look for an answer.

Thanks.

mohityadavx

Youngling
I am using Oxygen ROM (Version 2.3.7) but recently i am suffering few problems:-
1) Random Crashes especially when searching for contacts (Give me Vol+ to reboot , Vol - to get some crashlog something)
2) Random Extremely slow scroll speed during contact
3) Camera photo when stored in Gallery in detail it shows stored location unknown
If I try to access them via PC then they wont open at all and show them as corrupt
Also the memory card has started showing error again and again and each time I fix it they are all over again next time
and the moment i fix the error the corrupt photos get deleted on their own

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Hello everyone!
Recently I bought my first smartphone and due to good reviews I chose LG optimus one.
So far I'm pretty much satisfied with it, however there is this one problem that keeps bothering me:
Often screen gets stuck/frozen in a blank(black) state with background button keys being active and all the keys being non-responsive. To get out of that state, only choice I have is to take baterry out.

I am pretty sure this problem has been already solved in these 136 pages, however I hope someone will be able to point out where to look for an answer.

Thanks.

Optimus One is a 2 year old phone... Its production was stopped more than a year ago... How did you buy a new one at this time? And why? This phone is outdated...

I flashed a custom ROM on my Optimus One after buying it on day one...

heresi

Optimus One is a 2 year old phone... Its production was stopped more than a year ago... How did you buy a new one at this time? And why? This phone is outdated...

I flashed a custom ROM on my Optimus One after buying it on day one...

Yes, I am aware it is rather "old" model.
Let's just say that I am living in "developing" country where people do spend money on food, rather than a phone and so, these "outdated" models are still actual business for local retailers.

Why I bought it?
Because my previous phone was close to being Nokia 3310 relative and I wanted to have a taste of what a smartphone can do without spending large amounts of money.

Either way, I would appreciate if you would share any information whether your Optimus One also had problem similiar to mine and if a custom rom fixed it.

mohityadavx

Youngling
I am using Oxygen ROM (Version 2.3.7) but recently i am suffering few problems:-
1) Random Crashes especially when searching for contacts (Give me Vol+ to reboot , Vol - to get some crashlog something)
3) Camera photo when stored in Gallery in detail it shows stored location unknown
If I try to access them via PC then they wont open at all and show them as corrupt
Also the memory card has started showing error again and again and each time I fix it they are all over again next time

Apologies for being so impatient
but anyone having any idea regarding this?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yes, I am aware it is rather "old" model.
Let's just say that I am living in "developing" country where people do spend money on food, rather than a phone and so, these "outdated" models are still actual business for local retailers.

Why I bought it?
Because my previous phone was close to being Nokia 3310 relative and I wanted to have a taste of what a smartphone can do without spending large amounts of money.

Either way, I would appreciate if you would share any information whether your Optimus One also had problem similiar to mine and if a custom rom fixed it.

Well, if you bought the phone to taste what a smartphone can do, I think you have made a wise decision. O1 is a gem, which you would explore yourself in terms of what it can do, specially over that Nokia.

In regards to the screen turning black and non-responsive, I am facing the same problem (albeit in my case, phone reboots automatically, and I don't need to physically pull out battery). But my phone is about to turn a year this month, and I am facing this problem since a couple of months, and never experienced that in my usage of the phone on stock ROM in first month.
I even tried other ROMs but this problem persists. I am currently on Last Kiss by hephappy, and as you must have noticed almost no other member than me is reporting this issue so I think I am the only exception. So long story short, I think the hardware is failing now. :'(

Although you can try root and then flash other ROMs, to confirm the same. If problem isn't solved by flashing a custom ROM, at least you would have the choice to move on to new version of Android and/or better battery backup ROM's.

All the best.

PS: You can share your country too. Shouldn't be a privacy concern. If you don't mind. :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

If i remember correctly one of francisco franco's kernal had this problem. BTW which Android version are you using or which particular firmware? Custom rom should fix this problem and make the mobile smooth at the same time.

heresi

If i remember correctly one of francisco franco's kernal had this problem. BTW which Android version are you using or which particular firmware? Custom rom should fix this problem and make the mobile smooth at the same time.

I haven't changed anything since I bought it so everything is stock:

Android 2.3.3
Kernel version: 2.6.35.10-perf lg-electronics@LGERP-BLD-LNX2 #1
Build number - GRI40
Software version LG-P500-V20d

Well, since I'm totally new to smartphones, I wonder if you could give me an advice which rom to try first.
And a point out to some guides on how to do it would also help.

ajaymailed

In the zone
offtopic: WTF 136 Pages of discussion on Custom ROMs of just one tiny budget phone that is outdated by now !!!!:evil:
i am starting to get jealous :-D, you guyz are getting most of Android from a budget than hi end smartphone.
embarrassed to say I own a galaxy s2 :oops:

this is the real smartphone experience.
All hail open source

Neo

Well, Sir, its about time you move to ICS ;)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
offtopic: WTF 136 Pages of discussion on Custom ROMs of just one tiny budget phone that is outdated by now !!!!:evil:

actually it is 2 gen old. Optimus One ---> Optimus Net/Dual ---> Optimus L3/Dual. Yet has more ram & better resolution than new mobiles.

i am starting to get jealous :-D, you guyz are getting most of Android from a budget than hi end smartphone.
embarrassed to say I own a galaxy s2 :oops:

this is the real smartphone experience.
All hail open source

one DEV leaves, another appears and brings with him a new rom or simply continue the good work of the last one. All this is possible for the faithful users that never leaves, or haven't managed to kill their Optimus One (you can brick a O1, but can't kill it) :p

I haven't changed anything since I bought it so everything is stock:

Android 2.3.3
Kernel version: 2.6.35.10-perf lg-electronics@LGERP-BLD-LNX2 #1
Build number - GRI40
Software version LG-P500-V20d

Well, since I'm totally new to smartphones, I wonder if you could give me an advice which rom to try first.
And a point out to some guides on how to do it would also help.

firmware is V20D. Looks like a kernel problem. Google may help as other Optimus One users on V20D firmware may face similar problems. Best way out is to flash a custom rom. Or you can try updating to V20E but updating a stock rom is a lot bigger risk than trying a custom rom. with custom rom it is almost 0% risk. Nothing should go wrong.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
those who are not aware: [ROM][4.1.2][CM10]LG Optimus One Family CM10[Nov. 10, 2012: Build 6/RC 2]