The LG Optimus One Thread

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Not now..!!

Will be waiting for Beta 5, due to camera preview problem.

BTW I guess data works on CM9 right..??

Also looking forward to the MIUI..!! Hope it also gets fixed soon..!! :D

BTW was following XDA continuously from morning...!! Many things got fixed at once..!! Funny SIM on CM7 Nightly's, Camera on CM9 etc..!!

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^^ even better news :grin:

BETA4
Fixed v8 virtual machine7
Fixed youtube
Fixed facebook sync
Camera partially working (we can take pictures but we have no preview)
improved stability (had no freezes anymore)

so who are shifting to CM9 finally? :grin:

I would love to jump to CM9... :D Maybe Beta 5... Maybe later...

But CM7 is so good... Almost fully baked... Should anyone leave it for CM9 considering its still early beta?

I have been waiting for a week now for the new CM7 nightly... I check every few hours for it... :p

CM9 is getting better very quickly for sure...

-------------------------------------------------------
I am on Amonra 1.1 which has been working fine...

Should I upgrade to Amonra 3.0.6 from -- *forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1523050

Flashable zips sound easy... Just flash it like any other zip... reboot and you have replaced your old recovery...

Should I go for it?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Should I upgrade to Amonra 3.0.6 from -- [RECOVERYs][LATEST]Flashable Recovery Zips For P500 - xda-developers

Flashable zips sound easy... Just flash it like any other zip... reboot and you have replaced your old recovery...

Should I go for it?

You can. gmg9 is already on it AFAIK :D

Ya, heard about the advantages of New BB, but not getting a Good ROM on New BB to shift to..!! :p

CM Nightly's can't be considered as they have too bugs, even on basic features like phone getting rebooted on incoming call and all :(

I need atleast basic smartphone features to work perfectly fine as this is my primary phone.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Will be waiting for Beta 5, due to camera preview problem.

lazy :wink:

BTW I guess data works on CM9 right..??

since beta1. data is no.1 priority for me.

Also looking forward to the MIUI..!! Hope it also gets fixed soon..!! :D

won't. its based on CM9 code (patches integrated with MIUI). so anything that work in CM9 will work in MIUI. nothing new.

BTW was following XDA continuously from morning...!! Many things got fixed at once..!! Funny SIM on CM7 Nightly's, Camera on CM9 etc..!!

i read about funny sim. what is this exactly? please don't post any link. just a brief 1 liner will do :)

I would love to jump to CM9... :D Maybe Beta 5... Maybe later...

maybe when its 101% stable :p

But CM7 is so good... Almost fully baked... Should anyone leave it for CM9 considering its still early beta?

give it a try creating a nandroid backup.

I have been waiting for a week now for the new CM7 nightly... I check every few hours for it... :p

CM7 nightly build is released every night :|

CM9 is getting better very quickly for sure...

adam is working on CM7. lupohirp, arjen and a few others (not recognized DEV) are working on CM9.

Should I upgrade to Amonra 3.0.6 from -- [RECOVERYs][LATEST]Flashable Recovery Zips For P500 - xda-developers

Should I go for it?

theres nothing new and as all roms are supported, your wish :)

You can. gmg9 is already on it AFAIK :D

Ya, heard about the advantages of New BB, but not getting a Good ROM on New BB to shift to..!! :p

CM Nightly's can't be considered as they have too bugs, even on basic features like phone getting rebooted on incoming call and all :(

I need atleast basic smartphone features to work perfectly fine as this is my primary phone.

CM9. not even a single hang or reboot since 2 weeks (or since beta 2 or so).

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
CM7 nightly build is released every night :|

Not really... Last Nightly was released on 22nd February... -- CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

adam is working on CM7. lupohirp, arjen and a few others (not recognized DEV) are working on CM9.

CM9. not even a single hang or reboot since 2 weeks (or since beta 2 or so).

I will jump into CM9 to get a taste of it...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
adam ran away :lol:

well i just now updated to Beta4 and camera works but with the strangest bug ever seen. there is nothing on the camera screen. once you click a pic the pic appears on preview and can be checked but camera is blank. so you can't say what will appear on the screen :lol:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
adam ran away :lol:

well i just now updated to Beta4 and camera works but with the strangest bug ever seen. there is nothing on the camera screen. once you click a pic the pic appears on preview and can be checked but camera is blank. so you can't say what will appear on the screen :lol:

LOL... That is one bug...

Try some other camera app, like HDR+ or something?

I am downloading Beta4 now... will upgrade right away... do I need GAPPS? I have the old GAPPS zip... would it work?

-----------------

And what is colour banding?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i'll try LGcamera from market. it'll work but i have a feeling the preview won't appear.

colour banding is the appearance of different colour zone on the screen. from blank to brownish, etc. i tried to take a screenshot but in screenshot it appears fine.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I have successfully flashed CM9 Beta 4... Now, trying other things... Messed up the phone, stuck in bootloop because I formatted the system after flashing wrong GB based GAPPS... Had to reinstall CM9 Beta 4...

Looks good... ;)

Will post screenshots tomorrow...

Cheers!

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
@Sam, As we all know, for few people data and gsm is not working even when their baseband is correct. So they named those SIM's as funny SIM's. It may be 32k, 64k or even 128k. Doesn't matter. So Adam finally find out the problem with Funny SIM's on both New and Old BB. It means you can even use Nightly's on Old BB with Funny SIM Fix.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
ICS first impressions...

Lot of work still to be done to make it usable. CM 7 is miles ahead of CM 9 in stability, compatibility, speed and features.

Youtube does not work.
Google Voice Typing does not work.
Apps crash all the time, like Gallery, Swype keyboard.
Stock browser is not good.
Link2SD does not detect second partition.

And a few other things...

Lupo and Adam should join together to make CM 9 better.

Neo

Almost Every major ROM is available for our device. I'm glad that I bought this device. :):thumbup:
Thank you devs. :thumbup::D

y2karthik

Broken In
Flashed cm9, its awesome, eventhough its beta 4 its still fully functional with data, wifi,to my surprise even link2sd working with no problem, battery was also good but camera, color banding needs to be fixed.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Flashed cm9, its awesome, eventhough its beta 4 its still fully functional with data, wifi,to my surprise even link2sd working with no problem, battery was also good but camera, color banding needs to be fixed.

What? Link2SD is working? That damned app just cannot find my ext4 partition...

CM9 is good, but still a very long way to go until it becomes as functional and stable as CM7... I will continue using CM9... not going back right now, unless something really breaks down...

y2karthik

Broken In
I am using ext2.:p
What? Link2SD is working? That damned app just cannot find my ext4 partition...

CM9 is good, but still a very long way to go until it becomes as functional and stable as CM7... I will continue using CM9... not going back right now, unless something really breaks down...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Sam, As we all know, for few people data and gsm is not working even when their baseband is correct. So they named those SIM's as funny SIM's. It may be 32k, 64k or even 128k. Doesn't matter. So Adam finally find out the problem with Funny SIM's on both New and Old BB. It means you can even use Nightly's on Old BB with Funny SIM Fix.

thanks for the explanation. so its not exactly old baseband fix but rather 100% new baseband will work in ICS.

I have successfully flashed CM9 Beta 4... Now, trying other things... Messed up the phone, stuck in bootloop because I formatted the system after flashing wrong GB based GAPPS... Had to reinstall CM9 Beta 4...

Looks good... ;)

Will post screenshots tomorrow...

Cheers!

if you have downloaded the 20122402 GAPPS ICS, you may delete the unnecessary apps from it like the optional folder. it contains NFC files.

Lot of work still to be done to make it usable. CM 7 is miles ahead of CM 9 in stability, compatibility, speed and features.

CM9 is stable & fast as CM7 expect the fact that many things are not implemented and the latter half that are implemented doesn't work :|

Lupo and Adam should join together to make CM 9 better.

:+1: CM7 is a dead project anyway. Better join hands to make CM9 arrive in our mobiles before others :)

Almost Every major ROM is available for our device. I'm glad that I bought this device. :):thumbup:
Thank you devs. :thumbup::D

yup. when i first bought this mobile i regretted for buying as the stock rom was buggy (lag in response) but once switched to custom rom, it was a new mobile everyday.

camera, color banding needs to be fixed.

camera is almost fixed but colour banding will take time (may never get fixed) :-(

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well, it's not old or new BB fix. BB fix are diff thing. This is SIM Fix on both Old and New BB.

It was designed for Old BB, but the members who tested said it works on New BB too.