The LG Optimus One Thread

solanky

Broken In
Today I have updated my Optimus One to Gingerbread using LG Software Update tool. Biggest update for me is that Hindi font is working perfectly now. Now I can see all Hindi posts by friends on facebook and can read Hindi newspapers/blogs. I have not tested but I think Hindi SMS should also be visible now.

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
So guys should i go for this fone or wait for LG Univa
LG Optimus net
Samsung Xcover
Moto fore XT ????? I want a lot lot lot of customization & XDA support !

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
So guys should i go for this fone or wait for LG Univa
LG Optimus net
Samsung Xcover
Moto fore XT ????? I want a lot lot lot of customization & XDA support !

Optimus One is old and people are losing interest in it as better phones are coming into the market. Optimus One should decrease its price. I had bought it for 10k way back in March. And its been 6 months, and no price drop whatsoever!

To remain VFM, Optimus One has to drop its price...

You should wait for a little while. Better phones are coming.

If you cannot wait, please stretch your budget for Motorola Defy. Better screen resolution, better processor and bigger screen are worth the extra 3k. And it has tremendous community support as well...

I like my Optimus One. It has become superfast after flashing CM7+Franco kernel... Totally awesome... Zero lag while playing games. Browsing is smooth... battery is excellent...

But the camera is very bad, built quality is average, screen response is not upto the mark... Even a Nokia 2MP camera is a lot better than my 3MP camera...

So, if you can increase your budget, it would be good. If you cannot, then buy this phone. You might like it...

You decide...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Just heard about this New LG Optimus phone, the Optimus with QWERTY, to be launched in 3rd week of September.
So what's your verdict guys?

*img.fkcdn.com//image/mobile/p/5/n/lg-optimus-pro-c660-275x275-imadfw78muesnywz.jpeg

Source: *www.flipkart.com/mobiles/lg/itmdfw5jkemsfbwh?pid=mobdfw5ahqknfp5n

chandrudme

Journeyman
hi anyone tried this new ROM?
█[ROM][12 AUG]openOptimus build 2.202.1★openScript 1.0.4★CRT★DSPManager★FlashPlayer█ - xda-developers

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Just heard about this New LG Optimus phone, the Optimus with QWERTY, to be launched in 3rd week of September.

*img.fkcdn.com//image/mobile/p/5/n/lg-optimus-pro-c660-275x275-imadfw78muesnywz.jpeg

Source: Flipkart.com: LG Optimus Pro C660: Mobile

O1 is much better in terms of specs. Why would one want to shift to a phone with lower screen size, lower memory and all??

gmg9

in the kaya
Today I have updated my Optimus One to Gingerbread using LG Software Update tool. Biggest update for me is that Hindi font is working perfectly now. Now I can see all Hindi posts by friends on facebook and can read Hindi newspapers/blogs. I have not tested but I think Hindi SMS should also be visible now.

so hw is da battery life.. ?? can u plz chk ur gps and post the /system/etc/gps.conf file ..

also chk.. fm and camera.. if u can post the .apk files using titanium backup.. thx..

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson

Source: Flipkart.com: LG Optimus Pro C660: Mobile
Lower resolution, less memory, small screen and looks ugly too. IMO, Optimus One is cheaper and better! :)

TechnoFan

Bazinga!
Loving the Android world! My only concern is the battery life. Its nearly pathetic. Have to charge it ones or twice a day. :| Any tips?

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
Optimus One is old and people are losing interest in it as better phones are coming into the market. Optimus One should decrease its price. I had bought it for 10k way back in March. And its been 6 months, and no price drop whatsoever!

To remain VFM, Optimus One has to drop its price...

You should wait for a little while. Better phones are coming.

If you cannot wait, please stretch your budget for Motorola Defy. Better screen resolution, better processor and bigger screen are worth the extra 3k. And it has tremendous community support as well...

I like my Optimus One. It has become superfast after flashing CM7+Franco kernel... Totally awesome... Zero lag while playing games. Browsing is smooth... battery is excellent...

But the camera is very bad, built quality is average, screen response is not upto the mark... Even a Nokia 2MP camera is a lot better than my 3MP camera...

So, if you can increase your budget, it would be good. If you cannot, then buy this phone. You might like it...

You decide...

I think same mate ! Considering Defy!
Doubts:
Defy supports Live Wallpapers !?
Defy earpiece Problem?
Is is too big ? Is it pockitable? Size dimentions VS nokia N8?
When Defy+ arrives any price drop in Defy ?

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
I think same mate ! Considering Defy!
Doubts:
Defy supports Live Wallpapers !?

As it's on Android 2.1, NO.
Only android 2.2 and above support live wallpapers.

a2mn2002 said:
Defy earpiece Problem?

Never heard of it.

a2mn2002 said:
Is is too big ? Is it pockitable? Size dimentions VS nokia N8?

Dimension : 107 x 59 x 13.4 mm (Defy) && 113.5 x 59.1 x 12.9 mm (N8)
Weight : 118 g && 135 g

a2mn2002 said:
When Defy+ arrives any price drop in Defy ?

Most likely not only the price but the handset itself will be dropped.

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
Loving the Android world! My only concern is the battery life. Its nearly pathetic. Have to charge it ones or twice a day. :| Any tips?

keep an extra battery in your wallet. [OFFTOPIC: I carry an extra BL-5C battery for my Nokia 5130, as i'm a heavy texter and hooked on to internet 20x7 :lol: the batteries drains out in approximately 9hrs :p]

Top Bottom