The Lenovo Y50 Thread.

tkyopandaman

Broken In
Hey so I had a quick question, regarding which GPU (in-built INTEL or NVIDIA) should be used while playing games. I believe the usual setting is on "Auto Select" or something like that.

And how can you change the settings of a PARTICULAR game which you want to play using either/or GPU's. (in-built INTEL or the NVIDIA)

And does it make a huge difference in the gameplay and/or gaming experience ?
And what EXACTLY is the difference, if any ?

(Also, I am talking about using the laptop with the AC supply connected and NOT on battery)

Apologies for the rapid-fire questions ! :p

Your views are greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance!

ashs1

Padawan
Hey so I had a quick question, regarding which GPU (in-built INTEL or NVIDIA) should be used while playing games. I believe the usual setting is on "Auto Select" or something like that.

And how can you change the settings of a PARTICULAR game which you want to play using either/or GPU's. (in-built INTEL or the NVIDIA)

And does it make a huge difference in the gameplay and/or gaming experience ?
And what EXACTLY is the difference, if any ?

(Also, I am talking about using the laptop with the AC supply connected and NOT on battery)

Apologies for the rapid-fire questions ! :p

Your views are greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance!

You can select the dedicated graphics or integrated graphics for each game.
Just follow these steps :
1. right click on the game application icon
2. Select "Run with Graphics processor." in this option, you get 3 sub-options : Dedicated ( AMD/NVIDIA), Integrated ( INTEL ) & change the default gpu option.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Hugely overclockable , there is a thread just google "860m is a beast" a lot of people have shared their 3D mark score there..

- - - Updated - - -

It can go beyond stock 870M .
Here is score of 4710 in FireStrike.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4700HQ,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G750JM

That thread was meant for overclocking GTX 860m on a ASUS G75JM which is a 17" behemoth and has one of the best cooling mechanisms in world of laptops.
I wonder what will happen when one overclocks a GTX 860m in the tiny Y50.

prasoon2211

Right off the assembly line
I'm getting frustrated at Lenovo now. Ordered it on 6th in the morning. It is now the morning of 10th and my order is still processing! And this after I made several calls to lenovo's shipping partner -_-

They'd told me it will ship definitely by 9th morning. It didn't. I called again. "Sir, it will ship without fail before the evening". Guess what happened in the evening? The laptop wasn't shipped.

Meh. I can't believe these retards. Should've waited to buy it from a retail store.

Kamal17

Broken In
I'm getting frustrated at Lenovo now. Ordered it on 6th in the morning. It is now the morning of 10th and my order is still processing! And this after I made several calls to lenovo's shipping partner -_-

They'd told me it will ship definitely by 9th morning. It didn't. I called again. "Sir, it will ship without fail before the evening". Guess what happened in the evening? The laptop wasn't shipped.

Meh. I can't believe these retards. Should've waited to buy it from a retail store.

And here's my story -

I ordered on 5th.
I got email on 8th that its shipped, but guess what, Its 10th today and its still not shipped.

I want to cancel my order but dont know whats the process.

pr94rr

Broken In
And here's my story -

I ordered on 5th.
I got email on 8th that its shipped, but guess what, Its 10th today and its still not shipped.

I want to cancel my order but don't know whats the process.

PM'ed you the details and status.
I got the tracking number too and it didn't work yesterday but works fine today and mine has reached the origin point. I was told that I would get it by Monday so I think it should be done by then.

Kamal17

Broken In
PM'ed you the details and status.
I got the tracking number too and it didn't work yesterday but works fine today and mine has reached the origin point. I was told that I would get it by Monday so I think it should be done by then.

I doubt mine's shipped. Because it only shows the origin but doesn't show any shipper/destination info. It doesn't show where its destined to. I sent you a pic via PM too!

pr94rr

Broken In
I doubt mine's shipped. Because it only shows the origin but doesn't show any shipper/destination info. It doesn't show where its destined to. I sent you a pic via PM too!
Same with mine. No details about destination point but there is details of origin point (Goregaon/Bhiwandi).

eruku.ade

Broken In
Guys, Y50 is available on Flipkart but they are charging way too much (~ Rs 83k), (even without extended warranty, dvd writer).
Has anyone got it at a retail store at 75k? What is the best price anyone has got at a retail store?

ajmusicm

Broken In
Guys, Y50 is available on Flipkart but they are charging way too much (~ Rs 83k), (even without extended warranty, dvd writer).
Has anyone got it at a retail store at 75k? What is the best price anyone has got at a retail store?

Well, Flipkart is charging 83k which is unreasonable. The DOSTORE is charging Rs. 76,900 along with 3 Year Extended Warranty which seems reasonable. But I guess you can enquire at the Lenovo Exclusive Store for your city as they might offer you freebies like wireless mouse, keyboard, cleaning kits, etc. or get a discount for the same.

And one question to all, can we replace the TN panel on the Y50 with the UHD panel? Because it's written on the laptop that UHD is optional. So just wanted to calrify.

I'm gonna wait for Independence Day offers if there are any as am ok with my current laptop. So if I get an excellent deal, then maybe I'll go for it.

And for those who already have their Y50's, PLEASE do post a review like 3DMARK11, PCMARK8, Gaming FPS for any games you own and for more benchmarking tools, just go to any laptop review on notebookcheck and you'll get a lot more benchmarking tools. :)

Regards,

Aj.

Last edited:

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006

I too want to know this one + abt any freebies they got and from which city store?
been bsy with offc etc; fps review(s) later fellas.

FK's Y50 pricing blows every product's pricing strategy out of the water...omfg I should fkn start a e- commerce web/SMB as well..the profits they make:-x out of ppl..am sure someone must've even pre-ordered it from them as well :|

atleast FK's sales team should've checked it out with thedostore/lenovo

Last edited:

rishi_sethi

Journeyman

It is not Flipkart which is selling at 83k. It is just another seller who is selling a product through Flipkart. Most probably he/she has stocked some y50s through preorders from the dostore and is now offering quick shipping at a premium.
All products which are sold by Flipkart itself, WS RETAIL will be mentioned as the seller, and it will never price a product over it's MRP.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
It is not Flipkart which is selling at 83k. It is just another seller who is selling a product through Flipkart. Most probably he/she has stocked some y50s through preorders from the dostore and is now offering quick shipping at a premium.
All products which are sold by Flipkart itself, WS RETAIL will be mentioned as the seller, and it will never price a product over it's MRP.

my point still stands..
atleast FK's sales team should've checked it out with thedostore/lenovo
^ :p ...if they have to increase customer's satis. / their own rating now that amazon is investing $2B in their OPs in India:-D and FK's also cranking out $1B for the same

- - - Updated - - -

a concise version of my fps/temps test with arma 3 is here

TheGUNNER

Broken In
I talked to do store rep USA, he said if that model (eg Y50) is released in India, then even if we buy from USA, we should be able to get warranty clain from India. Is it true? also is it applicable for warranty extension purchased from USA itself !!

any thought on this guys?

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
any thought on this guys?

availability of the std. international warranty in India for a y50 purchased in US: yes you can avail
availability of the extended warranty in India for a y50 purchased in US(with the ext. warranty SKU purchased in US): no idea

you got to ask whether the extended warranty SKU extends the international warranty as well or not

eruku.ade

Broken In

I meant the seller on Flipkart :)
BTW what is the MRP of Y50? It should be printed on the box.

- - - Updated - - -

One question: What exactly does 3 years extended warranty mean? Is it a total of 3 years or 1 year std warranty + 3 years ext?

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent

- - - Updated - - -

One question: What exactly does 3 years extended warranty mean? Is it a total of 3 years or 1 year std warranty + 3 years ext?

Extended always means 1+2 years

Last edited:

amey2606

Broken In

- - - Updated - - -

The MRP on the box is 83,190.
Got mine on Saturday night from Lenovo Exclusive Store in CBD Belapur for 76,000.
Got the DVD writer in the box itself, and a backpack worth 2.5k from lenovo.
The store gave those additional freebies like keygaurd, cleaning kit, USB and OTG cable, a cooling pad, pouch, wired mouse and a cheap headset.
Haven't opened it yet coz i have my exams till Wednesday.
Will open it then and post a review.

Guys, another question.
How do i find my model no..?
Can't seem to register my laptop on lenovos website.
It asks for a model no and a serial no.
I have the serial no, but cant seem to find the model no.
And how do we register for the extended warranty.?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited:

evilsoul

Broken In
I am waiting for y50 to become available at chandigarh stores !!! :( they are just increasing dates that it will come tomorrow etc etc !!

Top Bottom