The Lenovo Y50 Thread.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Well , thanks to priyank for providing all those images , I too am like you all , collecting information before buying :)
Have waited so long , almost after 3 years going to get new laptop :)

:) yep thx a ton to priyank

lol am not even buying now(tried twice yesterday morning; somehow payment din't go through..meh..looks as if I'll get the 4gb version) but then again happy for the "team work" all of us are doing here +1

best of luck bro!:)

@all
is there any way I change my username? idk why I picked up this one:oops:

Last edited:

pr94rr

Broken In
lol am not even buying now(tried twice yesterday morning; somehow payment din't go through..meh..looks as:

You can pay them straight through your bank via NEFT or via cheque if there is a problem with online payment. Just talk to them and they will mail you the account details or if you want I can forward the bank details to you.
But then getting the 4 gigs card is cool too. Are you using multiple monitor setup?

Oh and mine is under processing too.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
You can pay them straight through your bank via NEFT or via cheque if there is a problem with online payment. Just talk to them and they will mail you the account details or if you want I can forward the bank details to you.
But then getting the 4 gigs card is cool too. Are you using multiple monitor setup?

Oh and mine is under processing too.

hey thx for the nfo..
yep pls do pm me the details if you can:-D
but am holding off on my decision to get the 4gb maxwell variant or get it from the exclusive store directly (and am scared of the "additional warranty's deadline" if any...) so lets c..been busy with other stuff so really can't say though am pushing for the 4gb ver. + will be doing a review for the community:cool:
nope no multi-mons here..well for now:wink:

pr94rr

Broken In
PM'ed you the mail they sent to me but just to double check - have a talk with them. And keep the transaction reference number for verification.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
PM'ed you the mail they sent to me but just to double check - have a talk with them. And keep the transaction reference number for verification.

thanks bro
yep will do that:)
btw how much it took for you to have the status updated on thedostore? (after doing NEFT/transaction)

or is it an order via telephone?

my laptop just died..:-( (tried everything/power cycling/ram breakout/power button etc etc..keep getting two beeps from mobo and sudden switch offS.. :/ was using ubuntu on my laptop for quite some time was working ok'ish for the past 1 week)

some stock is arriving in NCR so most prolly' will get it tomm in the evening(after checking if it does have the ext dvd rw or some othr stuff:-D)

Last edited:

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
thanks bro
yep will do that:)
btw how much it took for you to have the status updated on thedostore? (after doing NEFT/transaction)

or is it an order via telephone?

my laptop just died..:-( (tried everything/power cycling/ram breakout/power button etc etc..keep getting two beeps from mobo and sudden switch offS.. :/ was using ubuntu on my laptop for quite some time was working ok'ish for the past 1 week)

some stock is arriving in NCR so most prolly' will get it tomm in the evening(after checking if it does have the ext dvd rw or some othr stuff:-D)

Do update us with the Delhi-Ncr scene too :p

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Do update us with the Delhi-Ncr scene too :p

rgr rgr

lenovo exclusive stores across gurgaon/noida:
accepting orders from customers (mine is bound to reach with other 2 units by afternoon tomm.) w/o paying in advance (they are themselves hesitant and won't accept any advance $$/token money +1 ; as to what the sales guy told me that even if I paid him he won't accept it lol).

actually I had placed a pre-order day before yesterday so they are quick and def they're selling it like hot cakes; they don't even have a demo unit ready!?:|

so all in all limited units inbound from 2nd batch of y50's imported on 2nd aug.

oh n they're coming from bengaluruuu:-D (badly missing the city..)

Last edited:

Kamal17

Broken In
rgr rgr

lenovo exclusive stores across gurgaon/noida:
accepting orders from customers (mine is bound to reach with other 2 units by afternoon tomm.) w/o paying in advance (they are themselves hesitant and won't accept any advance $$/token money +1 ; as to what the sales guy told me that even if I paid him he won't accept it lol).

actually I had placed a pre-order day before yesterday so they are quick and def they're selling it like hot cakes; they don't even have a demo unit ready!?:|

so all in all limited units inbound from 2nd batch of y50's imported on 2nd aug.

oh n they're coming from bengaluruuu:-D (badly missing the city..)

Yes, please keep us updated about the NCR/Delhi scene. I have one friend in delhi who wants to buy it so badly. May be PM me the numbers of retailers who are getting it tomorrow. ;)

As far as mine is concerned, I talked to the dostore guy and he said mine will be shipped tomorrow evening. Lets see.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
will do :]
here is a direct/concise comparison of the y50 with y510p (indian reviewer)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, please keep us updated about the NCR/Delhi scene. I have one friend in delhi who wants to buy it so badly. May be PM me the numbers of retailers who are getting it tomorrow. ;)

As far as mine is concerned, I talked to the dostore guy and he said mine will be shipped tomorrow evening. Lets see.

PM'ed:) (complete address PM'ed again)

Last edited:

tkyopandaman

Broken In
Hey guys,

I just registered on Digit a few mins back.
Just want to say a big hello to everyone and that I have been following this post for the past 2 weeks !

To get straight to the point, I would like to inform you that I JUST picked up the Lenovo Y50 from the Exclusive Store in Noida.
(I know there are a few posts above that have mentioned gurgaon/noida stores having the laptop in store)
So just wanted to confirm that this is true indeed.

However, they only had like 3 pieces and luckily (since I went there personally) I was able to pick it up right there and then!

Super excited since I have been waiting for this laptop for a while now ! :)

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Hey guys,

I just registered on Digit a few mins back.
Just want to say a big hello to everyone and that I have been following this post for the past 2 weeks !

To get straight to the point, I would like to inform you that I JUST picked up the Lenovo Y50 from the Exclusive Store in Noida.
(I know there are a few posts above that have mentioned gurgaon/noida stores having the laptop in store)
So just wanted to confirm that this is true indeed.

However, they only had like 3 pieces and luckily (since I went there personally) I was able to pick it up right there and then!

Super excited since I have been waiting for this laptop for a while now ! :)

holy sh!t
am about to pick one up from the same store

preordered* 1 is mine:-D comminngg..

update:
exclusive store in gurgaon is getting it's stock too; just confirmed

- - - Updated - - -

can u share some pics pls?
of the box/sticker etc

tkyopandaman

Broken In
Woohoo!

A quick note: Kinda surprising that DELHI isnt getting any stocks.
I asked the guy in Noida and he was like "sir this is the only EXCLUSIVE STORE in NCR"

P.S. When I went to the store (at about 12:30 pm from my office in Noida) they had 3 pieces in stock.

holy sh!t
am about to pick one up from the same store

preordered* 1 is mine:-D comminngg..

update:
exclusive store in gurgaon is getting it's stock too; just confirmed

- - - Updated - - -

can u share some pics pls?
of the box/sticker etc

amey2606

Broken In
Woohoo!

A quick note: Kinda surprising that DELHI isnt getting any stocks.
I asked the guy in Noida and he was like "sir this is the only EXCLUSIVE STORE in NCR"

P.S. When I went to the store (at about 12:30 pm from my office in Noida) they had 3 pieces in stock.
Congrats bro.

Please do post some pics of
1. The packaging
2. Additional accessories received
3. Screen
If u can.
Would be really helpful.
Also please do post a review from the point of an everyday user.

And did you get the 3 years additional warranty offer.?

Thanks.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Congrats bro.

1. The packaging
3. Screen
If u can.
Would be really helpful.

Thanks.

+1
am +ve that he'll get it (+ the ext. dvd r/rw + backpack as freebie)

I had to confirm/push the sales guy repeatedly to bring in some more boxes:-D

Kamal17

Broken In
Damn you both are so lucky. I hate you both ;)

Anyways, congrats to both of you.

Please post pics of screen and all. I am waiting!

Congrats again!

eruku.ade

Broken In
Hey guys,

Congrats! :)
Can you please post the address of the Noida store? Is it the one in sector 38? I work at sector 62, so it would be better for me to get it from there than going to Nehru Place..

Also, are they charging same as in the dostore?

tkyopandaman

Broken In
Congrats bro.

1. The packaging
3. Screen
If u can.
Would be really helpful.

Thanks.

Hey amey,

Thanks!

I'm still in office, so can't post the pics of the packing just yet. (will do it later once I get home)
So to answer your questions:

1. The packing was neat and clean. It was properly packed in plastic wrapping and the like. After they billed me for it, he opened the package in front of me and took out the laptop. Overall, well done effort there.

2. As such, they only give the lenovo backpack as the accessory. However, I had to negotiate with him (a bit) to give me more. Very quickly, he just handed me an external DVD r/rw drive in my hand. When I probed him further for anything else, he was like we can't give you anything else. I was ok with it.

3. As far as the screen goes, after reading on this thread, someone mentioned how to check it. And whether it was the Chi Mei or the AUO. I'm also glad to say that it is the AUO screen (which again from this thread I read, is better). Again, I haven't properly seen it since its still packed up and lying in my car downstairs ! Will check it properly when I get home.
(P.S. however, he did turn on the laptop in the store after I was billed and did the first time boot up, which naturally took "some" time. Hopefully now when I turn it on when I get home, it should be faster)

Additionally, when I asked him about the warranty, he gladly agreed to give it to me asap.
Now I made sure to go through the "process" of registering online for the warranty, RIGHT THERE AND THERE in front of them. In fact, I MADE them log on the site and guide me through the process. I had to take a picture of the Label on the Box and the Bill/Invoice copy and upload it on the website. All this was done in front of them.
(I just wanted to make sure that everything was legit and that they would not cause any issues in the future) (yes, you can call me a bit paranoid about it!! :-D )

Please let me know if you guys need any more info. I will gladly fill you in on the details.
I will try and post pictures when I get home.
:)

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! :)
Can you please post the address of the Noida store? Is it the one in sector 38? I work at sector 62, so it would be better for me to get it from there than going to Nehru Place..

Also, are they charging same as in the dostore?

Hey Eruku,

The store in Noida is the one in GIP (Great India Place) mall, Sector 18. Its on the second floor (kinda near the central escalators) next to all the other brands, ASUS, HP, etc.

The rate when I asked them, they told me 79K. I was like what ?!
Then I had to tell them that the ONLINE rate is Rs. 76,990.
So the final bill amount was Rs. 77,000.

eruku.ade

Broken In
Hey amey,

Thanks!

I'm still in office, so can't post the pics of the packing just yet. (will do it later once I get home)
So to answer your questions:

1. The packing was neat and clean. It was properly packed in plastic wrapping and the like. After they billed me for it, he opened the package in front of me and took out the laptop. Overall, well done effort there.

2. As such, they only give the lenovo backpack as the accessory. However, I had to negotiate with him (a bit) to give me more. Very quickly, he just handed me an external DVD r/rw drive in my hand. When I probed him further for anything else, he was like we can't give you anything else. I was ok with it.

3. As far as the screen goes, after reading on this thread, someone mentioned how to check it. And whether it was the Chi Mei or the AUO. I'm also glad to say that it is the AUO screen (which again from this thread I read, is better). Again, I haven't properly seen it since its still packed up and lying in my car downstairs ! Will check it properly when I get home.
(P.S. however, he did turn on the laptop in the store after I was billed and did the first time boot up, which naturally took "some" time. Hopefully now when I turn it on when I get home, it should be faster)

Additionally, when I asked him about the warranty, he gladly agreed to give it to me asap.
Now I made sure to go through the "process" of registering online for the warranty, RIGHT THERE AND THERE in front of them. In fact, I MADE them log on the site and guide me through the process. I had to take a picture of the Label on the Box and the Bill/Invoice copy and upload it on the website. All this was done in front of them.
(I just wanted to make sure that everything was legit and that they would not cause any issues in the future) (yes, you can call me a bit paranoid about it!! :-D )

Please let me know if you guys need any more info. I will gladly fill you in on the details.
I will try and post pictures when I get home.
:)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Eruku,

The store in Noida is the one in GIP (Great India Place) mall, Sector 18. Its on the second floor (kinda near the central escalators) next to all the other brands, ASUS, HP, etc.

The rate when I asked them, they told me 79K. I was like what ?!
Then I had to tell them that the ONLINE rate is Rs. 76,990.
So the final bill amount was Rs. 77,000.

Thanks.. :)

Yes, the price won't drop so soon :(. Unfortunately I can't wait for too long; my dell died a week ago. I'm planning to get the Y50 around 15th/16th Aug.

Is it the same model as that of Priyank (4710HQ, 1TB 7200RPM Hybrid)?

Top Bottom