the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Prongs298

In the zone
View attachment 14572
The gaming temperatures you mentioned is really awesome. Please give us a few details-
1.Was coolsense off/on??
2.Which power mode were you using??
3.Lastly,which game??

BTW,I am on Arctic Silver Ceramique 2 and have been browsing in a non-ac room for past 4 hours. The max temp during entire time span was 50'C while currenly processor temp is 44'C.. Ambient room temp is around 32'C

that is great. yours are probably lower because you are either using dynamic mode or are on the intel gpu. I have been constantly keeping mine on the 6770 that might cause an increase in the C's.

[MENTION=139231]Tintin.92[/MENTION] - look here - *www.digit.in/forum/laptops-netbook...v6-6165tx-thread-post1930095.html#post1930095

amargawade90

Fall In Love With HP 6165
I also had this issue. Since I had my GPU in fixed mode, other drivers post 12.10 mobility in my 6121tx used to face issues like BSOD,low brightness issue,etc. I was forced to keep it in fixed mode since I had overclocked my GPU. So if you are in fixed mode,12.10 is your most stable and best bet.
OffLate,I have not been gaming on my laptop,hence,one fine day I put it in dynamic mode,and then it took 14.4 drivers quite flawlessly. Now I am running Win 8.1 pro with GPU in dynamic mode,without any issues. Though I haven't played much games,here's what I noticed-
~~GPU in Fixed mode with 12.10 drivers and overclocking in Win 7
FPS in Games-
1.Far Cry 3-Lowest settings-65-70 fps
2.BF3-Lowest settings-55-60FPS
Now in Win 8.1 with 14.4 drivers in dynamic mode without overclocking-
1.Far Cry 3-Lowest Settings-85-90 fps

So there's definitely an improvement.
I would suggest you to revert back to Dynamic Mode,and install 14.4 Drivers. You'll surely notice an improvement. Plus my laptop appears to be running cooler.

Hello , I want to upgrade My OS to Win8 , as Your already upgraded win8 , can you please recommended me , which WIN 8 will works with 6165tx ( torrent Link) and Drivers for it !!! and procedure How you installed Working WIN8.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Since I am a MSP, we get genuine keys of Windows and other microsoft products.
I installed Win 8 Pro, and then upgraded it to 8.1 pro via store updates.
All drivers are the same from Win 7 except graphics. I will mention the sp version later, as I am out of station currently.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
All drivers are the same from Win 7 except graphics. I will mention the sp version later, as I am out of station currently.

Google says MSP=Member of Scottish Parliament.

amargawade90

No Problem , I found one torrent of Win8 , Its looks Good !! but is all drivers are compatible with win8 , i heard that some drivers are not working properly , So please do confirm !!
(The AMD CC 14.4 not working properly on win 7)
Hope soon , i can also able to install WIn8 in my machine !!

Last edited:

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Google says MSP=Member of Scottish Parliament.

:-D

No, its actually Microsoft Students Partner. Nevertheless, it was a hilarious result by Google !!!
MSP can also be Maximum Selling Price, as advertised on Quikr. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

No Problem , I found one torrent of Win8 , Its looks Good !! but is all drivers are compatible with win8 , i heard that some drivers are not working properly , So please do confirm !!
(The AMD CC 14.4 not working properly on win 7)
Hope soon , i can also able to install WIn8 in my machine !!

In my dv6 with essentially the same config as urs, only Win 7 driver which didn't work was Graphics. There was a driver with softpaq no- sp58xxx.exe which was for Win 8. After that I installed AMD 14.4 driver. But make sure you are in dynamic graphics mode. Win 8.1 doesn't support fixed GPU mode.

amargawade90

In my dv6 with essentially the same config as urs, only Win 7 driver which didn't work was Graphics. There was a driver with softpaq no- sp58xxx.exe which was for Win 8. After that I installed AMD 14.4 driver. But make sure you are in dynamic graphics mode. Win 8.1 doesn't support fixed GPU mode.

If Dont mind then Link for Graphic Driver, which working for Win8 !!!

vgr

Broken In
I ordered 1333 Mhz 4GB RAM from flipkart [JM1333KSN-4G] and they sent me JM1333KSH-4G!
Transcend DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (JM1333KSN-4G) - Transcend: Flipkart.com
The ram did not seem to sit in place though! The groove was little too deep and didn't seem to accept the additional ram that I was slotting in.
Do let me know if you'll have faced any issues with installing more RAM.... I've asked flipkart for a return for now. Hopefully the next one will work.

Hi Everyone,

I need to buy a battery for my 6121tx. This one fits nicely.

HP MU06 Long Life Notebook Battery | HP® Official India Store

However flipkart is selling it for around 3200(seller isn't WS Retail ):-x and HP is selling for 3649 INR.

Also in flipkart reviews for HP MU06 Longlife battery, people are saying that the warranty card received inside the battery box is for JAPAN only.

Can any one provide me a (promotional voucher code / discount voucher) for HPSHOPPING.in for my battery purchase.

Please suggest whether to go with with flipkart or HPSHOPPING.IN.

Gourav Kundu

Journeyman
My Hp Laptop 6165tx is facing some problems which are as follows:-
1.) On Booting there is some beep sound comes seldom
2.) While Booting, Windows Boot Manager starts automatically
3.) Password is filled without any manual command in Login Screen
I've found that it is the keyboard that is creating all this problem, so may I know how can I find which key is being pressed or please suggest any other solution.Thanks.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
My Hp Laptop 6165tx is facing some problems which are as follows:-
1.) On Booting there is some beep sound comes seldom
2.) While Booting, Windows Boot Manager starts automatically
3.) Password is filled without any manual command in Login Screen
I've found that it is the keyboard that is creating all this problem, so may I know how can I find which key is being pressed or please suggest any other solution.Thanks.
If you are on windows 8, there is an eye symbol next in password field towards right from where you can see which key is stuck.

If not, try to open notepad. It will be filled by a single character. If not try typing and checking. Sometimes stuck keys don't work and sometimes they will get stuck once you press them. Start with the number pad first. Mostly it is the . Key or the 0 key but for me it was 5 key.

Once you've figured out, pull out the key and try manipulating the lever underneath using the tip of a pen. This solved the issue for me. Otherwise you will need to get the keyboard replaced

Gourav Kundu

Journeyman
If you are on windows 8, there is an eye symbol next in password field towards right from where you can see which key is stuck.

If not, try to open notepad. It will be filled by a single character. If not try typing and checking. Sometimes stuck keys don't work and sometimes they will get stuck once you press them. Start with the number pad first. Mostly it is the . Key or the 0 key but for me it was 5 key.

Once you've figured out, pull out the key and try manipulating the lever underneath using the tip of a pen. This solved the issue for me. Otherwise you will need to get the keyboard replaced
Thanks for your reply. Actually I am on Windows 7 and the problem occurs only during the booting process so it is hard to know which key is stuck because it does not show its behaviour in any application. I think i should order a new keyboard for my laptop :(

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Thanks for your reply. Actually I am on Windows 7 and the problem occurs only during the booting process so it is hard to know which key is stuck because it does not show its behaviour in any application. I think i should order a new keyboard for my laptop :(

That may not help unless you find the offending key. The forced keystokes is still going to happen even if you plug in the external keyboard.

Gourav Kundu

Journeyman
That may not help unless you find the offending key. The forced keystokes is still going to happen even if you plug in the external keyboard.
I mean to order the same internal keyboard that came preinstalled with the system, (it is available in ebay).It is strange but the problem occurs only during startup...May i also know which is the latest and most stable version of graphics drivers that can run game like Cod Ghosts, Watch Dogs etc. smoothly.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I mean to order the same internal keyboard that came preinstalled with the system, (it is available in ebay).It is strange but the problem occurs only during startup...May i also know which is the latest and most stable version of graphics drivers that can run game like Cod Ghosts, Watch Dogs etc. smoothly.

Always the latest WHQL one.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Always the latest WHQL one.

I am on the stock + 1 drivers I think. Couldnt find compatible drivers anywhere and HP doesnt give a damn once you have completed the purchase. The weird switchable GPU is at the heart of the problem.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I am on the stock + 1 drivers I think. Couldnt find compatible drivers anywhere and HP doesnt give a damn once you have completed the purchase. The weird switchable GPU is at the heart of the problem.

Oh if AMD then stay on stock. AMD cards have serious driver issues.

Gourav Kundu

Journeyman
ok, Thanks everybody. Many games are not supported with default/stock drivers like MGR Revengeance and Watch Dogs etc. Should I consider buying a new laptop because the games aforesaid are working smoothly in laptops with less configuration.

Top Bottom