the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

rikkuartz

Broken In
I have installed GTA V on my dv6-6165tx. In drivers it shows catalyst version 2012.0815.2143.37180.
Can somebody give link of latest drivers for my laptop so that I can get better performance in GTA V?

Download latest driver from leshcatlabs. it works very well for me.

Downloads - leshcatlabs.net

11 Jul, 2015 Catalyst 15.7 WHQL UnifL v1.2

Chinmay91

Insomniac
Has anyone tried Windows 10 yet on dv-6121 tx or dv-6165 tx? Looks like we are getting a free upgrade but what about the drivers?

Dr. House

No Regrets
Has anyone tried Windows 10 yet on dv-6121 tx or dv-6165 tx? Looks like we are getting a free upgrade but what about the drivers?

I will only download and install after the official launching. We got laptop with genuine window 7 so it will be free upgrade for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Download latest driver from leshcatlabs. it works very well for me.

Downloads - leshcatlabs.net

11 Jul, 2015 Catalyst 15.7 WHQL UnifL v1.2

I will try this. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I updated with the link you shared. Now I having some big issues like all games are running but the GTA V. It does not show running in the icon but running as in task manager but nothing appears on display. I can't play GTA V now. Also this new driver made my laptop automatic graphics, previously I use to chose it manually whether I would to run in power-saving (Intel HD 3000) or high performance mode (HD 6770M)

rikkuartz

Broken In
I will only download and install after the official launching. We got laptop with genuine window 7 so it will be free upgrade for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

I will try this. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I updated with the link you shared. Now I having some big issues like all games are running but the GTA V. It does not show running in the icon but running as in task manager but nothing appears on display. I can't play GTA V now. Also this new driver made my laptop automatic graphics, previously I use to chose it manually whether I would to run in power-saving (Intel HD 3000) or high performance mode (HD 6770M)

the power saving option is there. i have it. did u upgrade to it directly or did u do a clean install?

If u didnt do a clean install this could happen. i would suggest using Display Driver Uninstaller application. uninstall everything - intel HD and AMD, then install leshcat.

This is my personal experience. this is the only display driver that works properly on Windows10 for me.

and sorry if this whole thing messed up ur laptop :(

Dr. House

No Regrets
the power saving option is there. i have it. did u upgrade to it directly or did u do a clean install?

If u didnt do a clean install this could happen. i would suggest using Display Driver Uninstaller application. uninstall everything - intel HD and AMD, then install leshcat.

This is my personal experience. this is the only display driver that works properly on Windows10 for me.

and sorry if this whole thing messed up ur laptop :(

I directly upgraded to that driver. Yesterday I uninstalled AMD 15.7 graphics normally by clicking completely because it was unable to manually select graphics like before as I am using fixed mode of the BIOS. The thing happened is black screen with glitches appearing on the screen after restart. So I had no other choice to format C drive and install new windows 8.1. After reinstalling windows I installed SoftPaq NUMBER: SP58788 of September 18, 2012 that is official hp driver includes both intel and AMD package. Now everything works fine. Getting 30fps in normal settings in GTA V.

rikkuartz

Broken In
I directly upgraded to that driver. Yesterday I uninstalled AMD 15.7 graphics normally by clicking completely because it was unable to manually select graphics like before as I am using fixed mode of the BIOS. The thing happened is black screen with glitches appearing on the screen after restart. So I had no other choice to format C drive and install new windows 8.1. After reinstalling windows I installed SoftPaq NUMBER: SP58788 of September 18, 2012 that is official hp driver includes both intel and AMD package. Now everything works fine. Getting 30fps in normal settings in GTA V.

Safe mode and uninstalling using DDU could have saved u a lot of trouble and time... nyways glad to know ur laptop is working fine now.

Chinmay91

Insomniac
Windows 10 Pro was beginning to download automatically for me via Windows Update. I stopped it as I feared there would be some driver incompatibility issues. Any suggestions on whether I should upgrade to Windows 10? I am currently on Windows 7 Ultimate and it seems to be working fine.

Has anyone upgraded to Windows 10 yet?

Dr. House

No Regrets
Windows 10 Pro was beginning to download automatically for me via Windows Update. I stopped it as I feared there would be some driver incompatibility issues. Any suggestions on whether I should upgrade to Windows 10? I am currently on Windows 7 Ultimate and it seems to be working fine.

Has anyone upgraded to Windows 10 yet?

I have upgraded to Windows 10. Laptop is much faster and responsive than before. The only issue is the latest AMD drivers don't let you select graphics manually like I used in windows 8.1. GTA V not working but all games run smoothly. Someone tell me how to fix that asap!

abhijitsb306

Broken In
HP 6121tx Windows 10 upgrade issue

I am getting HDD failure message after upgrading to windows 10. My system very slow after upgrade. :cry:
Even in HP system diagnosis the SMART HDD test is returning error.

Should I clean install Windows 7 to factory default? :-?

Dr. House

No Regrets
Re: HP 6121tx Windows 10 upgrade issue

I am getting HDD failure message after upgrading to windows 10. My system very slow after upgrade. :cry:
Even in HP system diagnosis the SMART HDD test is returning error.

Should I clean install Windows 7 to factory default? :-?

You should backup your data and then format the whole hard disk. Partition it as per your desire. Personally I recommend 100 GB for C: drive and rest 3 drives equally for data. Install the windows 10 and it everything will work like charm.

abhijitsb306

Broken In

My system so slow I doubt that I will be able to create boot-able DVD or USB flash drive for Windows 10 :banghead:
I guess I have to format HDD , install Windows 7 from recovery disk and then upgrade to Windows 10 again :cry:

Dr. House

No Regrets

My system so slow I doubt that I will be able to create boot-able DVD or USB flash drive for Windows 10 :banghead:
I guess I have to format HDD , install Windows 7 from recovery disk and then upgrade to Windows 10 again :cry:

Make it on another computer. Whatever suits you. Do format and run windows 10.

dreamaaj

Right off the assembly line

Been using Windows 10 for a week now. Apart from missing switchable graphics support and initial hiccups caused due to incorrect graphics driver being automatically installed all is well.

abhiflares

I have two questions:
1) To the users of dv6121tx, whats your cpu temps during full load? mine are hitting 90degrees and above!!
any idea how to reduce those
2) General : has anyone tried those Egpu solutions, connect a Desktop GPU to the laptop via mPci-E

Dr. House

No Regrets
I have two questions:
1) To the users of dv6121tx, whats your cpu temps during full load? mine are hitting 90degrees and above!!
any idea how to reduce those
2) General : has anyone tried those Egpu solutions, connect a Desktop GPU to the laptop via mPci-E

Let it update with latest drivers.

abhiflares

Well i was on leshcat's 14.12 one's, that's as high as i have gone, but anything over 13.6 has that problem with causing random BSOD's on fixed mode when changing the display card (due to intel drivers).
I have my suspicions its due to thermal paste, but still want a second opinion, if anyone notice's cpu temps spiking to 90's when playing newer games.
My battery profile settings have min and max states at 75%-80% for gaming, anything over that just keeps the temps at 90+.
Oddly though this happens only when i game on Dynamic mode, on fixed the temps stay close to w/e the gpu temps are.
Idle temps on both fixed and dynamic modes are 50-60 (usually 55ish).
I doubt though going to 15.7 will bring down cpu temps.I could be wrong, i'll try it once i reapply the thermal paste and clean out the fan again.

Question: Does DV6 6121tx support dual channel ram?can i just add another 4gb stick with the same frequency and capacity or do i need to look for more specs on the ram?

abhijitsb306

Broken In
I am getting SMART hard disk error on startup. Might have to replace HDD. I am thinking of getting SSHD. Has any one got Seagate ST1000LM014

Question: Does DV6 6121tx support dual channel ram?can i just add another 4gb stick with the same frequency and capacity or do i need to look for more specs on the ram?

I recently bought additional corsair 4GB ram for my 6121tx

Top Bottom