Team Fortress 2

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Team Fortress 2 Free to Play

In case you haven't heard , Team Fortress 2 is finally Free-to-play. Go get it already if you haven't! Clearly the best Team-based FPS I've played (well, Monday Night Combat comes close too)

Personally, I'm saddened by this move ...because I paid for the game :razz:.
Anyway , cheers to Valve for doing this ...the population will now explode on the servers. Valve will still make money from this game though , thanks to the in-game cash shop (the cash items don't detract from the gameplay, don't worry).

Good news for us Indian gamers is that there are several Singapore servers out there , which give a ping of roughly 100-120ms. So , don't worry about lack of servers.

See you on Steam , my id is Tachyon1986

*forum.i3d.net/attachments/team-fortress-2-cs/943171370d1242937433-team-fortress-2-free-play-weekend-tf2_characterart.jpg​

Last edited:

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play

Downloading it ;-)
will take a lot of time in doing so. :(

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!

whoa that's good news. I have been planning to purchase this game (along with few others) in time to come. ;)

cyborg47

Technomancer

damn! should have known this a while ago. I got this game just a few days back, didnt even install it! WTF!?

EDIT - No problem for the people who bought the game before all this. Check the FAQ here - *www.teamfortress.com/freetoplay/faq.php

quote from the web page -
If you've ever spent money on TF2, you have a premium account. This includes purchasing the game before it was Free-to-Play, activating a retail version of the game, or making a purchase in the Mann Co. in-game store.

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

Personally, I'm saddened by this move ...because I paid for the game .

read the context on the website then.

Those who have bought it enjoy unrestricted trading, a free hat, and all item drops and a bigger back-pack etc etc etc. as well as all blueprints for crafting.

Free users don't have these.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

I have the game but never played it.

read the context on the website then.

Those who have bought it enjoy unrestricted trading, a free hat, and all item drops and a bigger back-pack etc etc etc. as well as all blueprints for crafting.

Free users don't have these.

They are going like Second Life. You buy hats.

comp@ddict

Yep here you guys go

203.116.80.200:27015 - e-Club TF2 #01
203.116.80.200:27016 - e-Club TF2 #02 [goldrush4ever]
203.116.80.200:27017 - e-Club TF2 #03 [autoteam]
203.116.80.200:27018 - e-Club TF2 #04 [cp4ever]
203.116.80.200:27019 - e-Club TF2 #05 [goldrush4ever]
203.116.80.200:27025 - e-Club TF2 #06 [pl4ever]
203.116.80.201:27015 - e-Club TF2 Arena #01 [nocrit]
203.116.80.201:27016 - e-Club TF2 Arena #02
203.116.80.201:27017 - e-Club TF2 #01 [Pickup Match Server] // Coming Soon
203.116.80.201:27018 - e-Club TF2 #02 [Pickup Match Server] // Coming Soon

comp@ddict

Here, an Indian server

||AXEP.IN|| Official Team Fortress 2 Server [tf2] Team Fortress 2

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

how many of tdf members are regular players of this game
I played it from October - January. Plenty of TDF people play this game but we haven't bothered to organize ourselves and play together. This is weird and surprising for such a popular game.

jsjs

Journeyman
is the game MP only or SP also? If there is SP mode, is it playable in the free version?
@ico
arent you a mod? Your name is displayed in blue.

comp@ddict

It's an MP game, and it's epicly fun

SP is training and all, don't think it's completely available for free(isnt required, when I started there was no SP), you can play against BOTs, but as I mentioned, TF2 is what the online makes it (and the hats)

Piyush

Lanaya

I played it from October - January. Plenty of TDF people play this game but we haven't bothered to organize ourselves and play together. This is weird and surprising for such a popular game.

If this is such a good game and not to forget that it is played by many TDF members, then there is no harm in playing together, right?

What is more fun when you are playing with your fellow buddies. :)

Tachyon1986

In the zone
The main problem most users will have with installing the game , is the huge bloatware called "Source". TF2 takes around 7GB to install , but you'll also have to download the Source Engine which takes 3.5GB roughly :p

Good news is that if you already have any games that use the Source engine , you don't have to redownload it for TF2.

comp@ddict

^^ LOL

Half Life 2 and the episodes
Portal 1 & 2
Counter Strike: Source
Team Fortress 2
L4D 1 & 2

But, this method only works till TF2, in case of L4D, the files are installed separately in another folder.

Piyush

Lanaya
hey i just realized that the size of tf2 mentioned on steam client is 9800MB
i thought it was 980 Mb

Is it true?

why this game is having such a large size even so it doesn't have that top notch gfx or sp campaign

Top Bottom