Suggestions for Camera purchase

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I was asking is ig better than others that I have shortlisted. Thinking of ordering one soon. too much time make me confuse regarding a product purchase. SO I was guessing that you guys will help me out

Unless you are stretching out for atleast a Sony NEX3 or Panasonic FZ200 or the likes you will honestly not get noise free low light images. You are stressing too much on low light shooting over actual image quality. Since you are stretching till 20K get a Canon EOS 1100D from Ebay.in with Canon India warranty. Canon EOS 1100D DSLR With 18 55mm IS Lens 4GB Card BAG | eBay you are against DSLR get some Sony with EXMOR R and BIONZ for low light photography.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Unless you are stretching out for atleast a Sony NEX3 or Panasonic FZ200 or the likes you will honestly not get noise free low light images. You are stressing too much on low light shooting over actual image quality. Since you are stretching till 20K get a Canon EOS 1100D from Ebay.in with Canon India warranty. Canon EOS 1100D DSLR With 18 55mm IS Lens 4GB Card BAG | eBay you are against DSLR get some Sony with EXMOR R and BIONZ for low light photography.
Sure will check it out and then inform you.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
1100D was selling for <18k, dual kit combo for <25k. Yes, both are out of your budget. Seems like J1 is the only one which comes in your budget.

V1 and J1 will be pretty much the same as far as IQ is concern.

sujoyp

Grand Master
V1 have better grip, viewfinder ...if I were you I would get that ;) but off course if you are in interchangable terretory and can handle the bulk of 1100D then you can get that too :D

- - - Updated - - -

If you are not in hurry just wait for diwali deals...they were awesome last year

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Is Lithium Ion battery a big deal? If not, then what I recommend is the Fujifilm HS28 EXR. You will never get better dynamic range out of any other camera in that price range - EXR is that good (note: Fuji XF1 is based on the same tech, just a faster processor and a bit larger sensor).

Otherwise, I suggest you to take a look at Canon SX600 and Olympus SZ-31 MR. If you are willing to take a slight sacrifice in image quality for some nifty features, try the Samsung WB350F.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
HS28EXR - Noisy images, pathetic video, expensive and too old. It was once selling for around 14k about a year back. I would suggest to pick one if it's selling around 10k, solely for the amount of controls it offers.
SX600 - How to house more zoom in a compact? > make a smallest aperture > voila!!! It is SX600. I don't know whether it is a good move or not. I don't find it attractive and more over it doesn't offer manual controls.
SZ31 - Sported longest zoom in a compact when it was launched. But not any more... There are few more choices to consider and no manual controls.
WB350F - I didn't know it's available in India until I saw your post. Thanks. Samsung's wifi is one of the best, nice aperture range for a travel zoom, but reviews are below average. :(

AcceleratorX

Youngling
^OP, I advise you to take one more look at Pentax X-5: Has the manual controls you are looking for, has a decent sensor that handles noise well (for this segment), a decent lens but can't use the optical zoom during video recording.

nac said:
WB350F - I didn't know it's available in India until I saw your post. Thanks. Samsung's wifi is one of the best, nice aperture range for a travel zoom, but reviews are below average.

Samsung is behind on their BSI CMOS sensors - other than Panasonic and Fuji (who use their own sensors) nearly everyone else is docking a Sony sensor inside their cameras these days. They'll catch up, give them a year or two. They're not giving enough "spare" pixels to the sensor - noise levels are noticeably better in their 14MP models (which use the same 16MP sensor but with only 14MP "effective" pixels). There's a rumour floating about that Samsung lenses are based on Schneider-Kreuznach and (sometimes, especially in the past) Pentax designs (but not made by Schneider).