What's your budget?
Upto 16k

Camera type?
P&S I guess

Body Style?
Compact or Bridge (bulky) not quite of an issue

How much zoom do you want/expect?
No clue, you suggest.

Do you care for manual exposure controls?
Yes

What will you be shooting with this camera?
Friends and families, in weird poses . Macros, Landscape.

Will you be shooting mostly indoors/low light and/or action/sports?
Outdooes and Indoors

Video?
Yes, upto HD

Do you have any particular model(s) in your mind?
Canon SX510HS

Any brand preference? Like/dislike
Canon, Nikon, Sony,Panasonic

From where will you be buying?
Online/Local store whichever is reliable

Any other features you need?
Viewfinder, Image stabilization, Continuous drive/burst mode, Wifi, External flash, mic jack, HDMI , HDR whatever I can get max.

Anything else you would like to tell us?.
Buying this with in 15 days or so.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Bridge - FZ70 or P530
Bulky and plenty of zoom.

Large sensor -XF1 or P340.
Compact and better IQ (But I don't think there would be massive difference in IQ)

XZ10 - I really like it as it offers a lot of controls. I would either fall for this one or one of the bridge. If I am want better IQ, then I would go for used DSLR. :)

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Bridge - FZ70 or P530
Bulky and plenty of zoom.

Large sensor -XF1 or P340.
Compact and better IQ (But I don't think there would be massive difference in IQ)

XZ10 - I really like it as it offers a lot of controls. I would either fall for this one or one of the bridge. If I am want better IQ, then I would go for used DSLR. :)

Thanks for the input mate but the max I can spend right now is 16k. Being a amateur I have a very low knowledge regarding the cameras and also I am not able to find XZ10 so any other camera in my budget

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, the models I suggested are selling around or under 16k or at least that's was the case when I checked last time.
You can look for P330, if you can't find P340 in your budget. If that too not in your budget, your next and last stop is SX510. :)

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Access Denied
Firm which seller should I get it from any suggestion [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION]

nac

Aspiring Novelist
If you're buying Nikon, buy from an authorized dealer. If others, any seller (online or local shop) who provides vat paid bill/warranty card.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
No... I mean it depends. If you find better deal offline or if you don't feel comfortable buying online, then buy from a local shop.
Nikon says that they will only honour warranty if you buy from an authorized seller. So the reason, I said buy from one.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
No... I mean it depends. If you find better deal offline or if you don't feel comfortable buying online, then buy from a local shop.
Nikon says that they will only honour warranty if you buy from an authorized seller. So the reason, I said buy from one.

Seems fair. Now just one last question I hope the extra money spent on p340 is woth it over sx510.

- - - Updated - - -

And how us this one *www.flipkart.com/nikon-coolpix-l830-point-shoot-camera/p/itmdtjgqy5fcuacw?pid=CAMDTJGZGHNQFAHE

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Seems fair. Now just one last question I hope the extra money spent on p340 is woth it over sx510.
That's subjective. 30/35k for super zoom/advanced compact is not worth for me, but it's not the same for everyone. So you ask yourself the sames question, only you can answer it.
And how us this one Nikon Coolpix L830 Point & Shoot Camera Rs.13596 Price in India - Buy Nikon Coolpix L830 Point & Shoot Camera Plum Online - Nikon : Flipkart.com
I am not a fan of L series camera. So generally I don't suggest it... But it produces decent images and it doesn't have manual exposure controls.
P530 is available under 16k from snapdeal and Amazon. But not sure whether the seller is Nikon dealer.
XF1 and XZ10 available for ~11k and 13.5k.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
That's subjective. 30/35k for super zoom/advanced compact is not worth for me, but it's not the same for everyone. So you ask yourself the sames question, only you can answer it.

I am not a fan of L series camera. So generally I don't suggest it... But it produces decent images and it doesn't have manual exposure controls.
P530 is available under 16k from snapdeal and Amazon. But not sure whether the seller is Nikon dealer.
XF1 and XZ10 available for ~11k and 13.5k.

I don't want superzoom and all but what I do care is good low light performance and over all a decent buy for me.
so I guess I will think to stick with p340
But my friend is using ths camera Access Denied and he praise it a lot.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, reviews of SX700 are good. But if you're ready to spend that much...
You can consider interchangeable lens cameras as Sujoy suggested. Why?
Because, you are ok with bulk form factor, you're ok with less amount of zoom, with CSC/DSLR you have expandability but with compact, you're stuck with that.
Better low light performance, IQ, faster focus... Just a consideration. You have two weeks to think. Think :)

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
you should keep S110, nikon J1+kit also in your list ...they are also good buy

Yes, reviews of SX700 are good. But if you're ready to spend that much...
You can consider interchangeable lens cameras as Sujoy suggested. Why?
Because, you are ok with bulk form factor, you're ok with less amount of zoom, with CSC/DSLR you have expandability but with compact, you're stuck with that.
Better low light performance, IQ, faster focus... Just a consideration. You have two weeks to think. Think :)
Thanks for your input guys but the problem here is budget which I am already overstretching to 17k. Would love to hear suggestions in this price bracket only.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think Nikon j1 is in your budget ...its small, have bigger sensor any P&S just like sony RX100 , it will definitely have good low light ...check its reviews

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
I think Nikon j1 is in your budget ...its small, have bigger sensor any P&S just like sony RX100 , it will definitely have good low light ...check its reviews

but bother it is still out of budget. Tell me your views in p430

sujoyp

Grand Master
Its selling for 16k at amazon ...isnt thats your budget

Buy Nikon 1 J1 10.1MP Mirrorless Camera (Black) with 10-30mm VR Lens Kit and 2x Optical Zoom, Carry Case Online at Low Price in India | Nikon Camera Reviews & Ratings - Amazon.in

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
And what about this one Nikon 1 V1 Mirrorless Camera Rs.19999 Price in India - Buy Nikon 1 V1 Mirrorless Camera White Online - Nikon : Flipkart.com [MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION]

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
What about V1? It does have VF, hot shoe...

I was asking is ig better than others that I have shortlisted. Thinking of ordering one soon. too much time make me confuse regarding a product purchase. SO I was guessing that you guys will help me out

Top Bottom