SUGGESTION: Best Blog Site for Starting a Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
+ 1 for Blogger.

if you have Google's Picassa installed on your PC, then you can upload pics., videos...at one go :wink:

you can create/manage the Blog thru Picassa itself :)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
blogger is good to start, i have this blog on blogger www.mskota.com . But after some days i knew 2-3 major shortcomings in blogger which are not in case of WP. So i suggest to go with WP. Making theme for blogger is easy compared to WP, but unlike me if you are going to use readymade themes made by other ppl then WP has lot more to choose from. You also dont 'need' to have your own webspace to set up wordpress blog, you can head towards *wordpress.com/ and start a blog in minutes just like blogger.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
As you don't know much about blogging I would suggest you try your hand at blogger first at it gives a good interface and some good customization options that will keep you busy and interested for a month or so...
But after a month or two you will certainly want to shift to wordpress as it is just too good to resist with the hell lot customization it offers and also numerous plugins that you can add...
And if you are interested in making some money out of it after some time then nothing beats self hosted wordpress....

ahref

In the zone
Self hosted wordpress blog is thing to go, if one can afford, and should go it from begnining, changing platform and domain address later may result in traffic loss.

Maximum serious blogs are self hosted. Free platforms are always abused by spammer.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
ahref said:
Self hosted wordpress blog is thing to go, if one can afford, and should go it from begnining, changing platform and domain address later may result in traffic loss.
Yes, not to forget complete control over the whole thing :) If you not sure on how to install Blog by urself...still no worries. Most Hosting will come with an Auto Installer like Fantastico or Installatron.

But, take my advice....dont go with one click Blog hosting :) Freedom to modify should be there plus you will learn my managing urself. Already i see you are Windows Expert and a MVP --- wont take time for you at all :D

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Vishal, besides you can just install xampp on your machine and download wordpress and play around with the installation till you get a hang of it, You can also try a few other blog engines as well before finalising, on your PC.

Possible

Custom User Title
Blogger would be good for a start, but once the dashboard of WordPress hits your eye, you wonder, how better can any publishing platform get than this uber awesome super cool WordPress. WordPress blogs are neat. And yet sophisticated and smooth. Enough said. Head to *www.wordpress.com to join the free (Paid CSS editing) or head over to *www.wordpress.org and then to some other hosting service company or friend and get yourself a domain as well, and we shall all welcome you :)

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Vishal Gupta said:
^^ OK. :D
thnx a lot for ur suggestions. ;)

Ah! and not to forget....you have already mastered urself in customizing windows...i know you wont resist in customizing ur blog....so final word....Self hosted blog is the way to go "dude" :D

shashank4u

Youngling
hey VG have a look at this
22 reasons why you should blog at WP
*www.techlivez.com/2007/07/22-reasons-why-you-should-be-at-wordpress-shifting-to-wordpress-part-1/

ok ok that post is from my blog...i admit that :D

goobimama

 Macboy
Blogger is for people. Wordpress is for geeks.

I'm not saying wordpress is difficult to learn or anything. Its just that whatever features that normal people would ever use are in blogger. Wordpress gives relief to the itch that is felt by most geeks with its extensibility.

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
how to set the web domain for the blogs in wordpress ... ie if i have a domain name and i want to use the wp blog facility in it how do i do it and will there be any issue if i want to use my own template .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom