SUGGESTION: Best Blog Site for Starting a Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Hi guys

I need ur suggestions. :D
Actually I want to start a bog. (I'm a newbie in this area but want to give it a try.)
But I'm confused which Blog service should I choose? There r lots of site, like wordpress, Live Spaces, etc. (Even I can't remember their names. :D )

So pls suggest me which service should I choose, which will be the best for me. :)
I'll wait for ur valuable suggestions.

thnx in advance... ;)

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
Blogger may be..... bcoz it gives a lot of features and also you can sign up with your gmail id if u hav one.... Do give it a try.....

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
can I mention that I'm totally newbie in Blog area. :D
I know nothing about them, how they created, used. Can't I start a blog by simply creating a new account? like we create e-mails. Do I need to install a blog software on my system?
sorry for such newbie question.....
and thnx for ur replies. :)

ahref

In the zone
If you want to create blog in blogspot.com, it is as simple as creating an email id. However if you want to create a self hosted blog, you have to arrange web hosting and domain either paid or free and have to install blog sofware on your web space.

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
gauravakaasid said:
@UFO007...blogger n blogspot are the same i suppose?
Yah theyr the same

Vishal, I think blogger might help you out. As ahref said, it is very simple and you have a lot of templates too. Also you can make your own ones if you want or get more from a simple search in google.
But Wordpress offers more customization I suppose(I haven't tried it)...

Have a look on the Digit fast track on Blogging too...

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
So pls suggest me Blog services, which don't need to be installed and don't need to be self-hosted. :)
I want to create a Blog easily just like e-mails. :D
thnx.....

ahref

In the zone
There are many blog services where you can create your blog for free just by registering there, like email

1) Blogspot.com
2) Wordpress.com
3) Livejournal.com
4) typepad.com

I think you should go for blogspot.com, however these services are also infmaous for spam blogs.
check *news.com.com/Tempted+by+blogs,+spam+becomes+splog/2100-1032_3-5903409.html

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
thnx a lot guys. :)
Just a question, Is Live Space not that good?
and in the above mentioned 4 sites, which one will u recommend? :D

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
I'll recommend WordPress. If you have to make a choice, consider Blogger or Wordpress. They both have a host of features over other contemporary blogging sites, not least a vast amount of templates to choose from to suit your mood. :D

shashank4u

Youngling
lemme make it clear
i use blogger because its easy to use and configure, even wordpress is easy.
use wordpress if u want some dazzling themes there are a lot
of wordpress themes available for free ,and not that much gud lookin themes
available for blogger(blogspot)(personal experience) which is owned by google.

Both wordpress and blogger have equally +ve and -ve sides...
if you have hosting and domain name ..use wordpress if you want
everything to be free use blogger...

the wordpress also provide hosting for blogs but in that case u wud not be
allowed ads on your sites...blogger allows...

and dont even think of other platoform except blogger and wordpress.
for an example you can see my blog i ve hacked it completly to get the looks i want.
its up to you ....to decide both are fully configurable and it shud be easy
for a intelligent guy like you ...
and did u plan to use adsense on yr blog ..lemme know..
so our windows guru is all set to conquer the blogging world.
gudluck

shashank4u

Youngling
who said blogger is not customisable..?..everything can be customised in
blogger i ve learnt this lately...u need time to learn it
in wordpress you will get millions of spams daily i ve friends who r using
wordpress and getting around 600 spam comments daily.

so both have ve and -ve sides..

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Vishal Gupta said:
So pls suggest me Blog services, which don't need to be installed and don't need to be self-hosted. :)
I want to create a Blog easily just like e-mails. :D
thnx.....
If you have a CPanel hosting you should go for wordpress, it's too easy to install wordpress from fantastico, even a noob can do it. The advantage is that you can easily add/remove themes, upload as much as your hosting permits. You can also run a site on the same hosting and just give a subdomain to the blog, so they can be linked. To have our domain on a site hosted on wordpress and blogger, we need to pay, AFAIK.
IMO it's best to have a self hosted blog, and the easiest to start with is wordpress. I have installed b2evolution on my PC, it's there in fantastico too, it is also quite good.
EDIT:- I haven't tried any service besides wordpress and blogger so don't know how good/bad they are.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
thnx a lot guys for ur suggestions. :)
It helped me a lot. I'll take a look at both blogger and wordpress and then I'll decide. ;)
thnx again for ur time and suggestions... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.