Suggest me an Air Conditioner

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
good decision.one of my friends has purchased a Samsung 3 star AC. Pays close to 6K in elex bill/month!! Poor guy. :p
He is in Delhi by the way

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I had to chose between Hitachi Follow me 1.2 Ton 5 star and Kaze 3 Star. Spent quite some time deciding which one to go for. Since my bed room is little bit on the larger side I thought it makes sense to go for 1.5 Ton and also since I will be using it mostly in nights I thought 5 Star wouldnt make much difference.
The actual price is Rs 30,990. Bought if from Adishwar Electronics, Hyderabad
Have you asked the Price of the Follow me 1.2T?
And when you gonna use it only in Nights then 3 star is okay enough :)
good decision.one of my friends has purchased a Samsung 3 star AC. Pays close to 6K in elex bill/month!! Poor guy. :p
He is in Delhi by the way

Maybe he keeps it on for 12 hours :)

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
yeah, his family uses it during day time, he needs it in the night :|

now for another room he is getting a cooler rather than AC :p

ajayritik

Technomancer
Have you asked the Price of the Follow me 1.2T?
And when you gonna use it only in Nights then 3 star is okay enough :)

Maybe he keeps it on for 12 hours :)

Rs 30,330

Too be honest sometimes I don't like Air Conditioners esp when the temperature is set very low. However getting used to it now.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Rs 30,330

Thanks for informing :)

I asked two local dealers about the Prices of these AC's, and I am stunned !

1- Hitachi Summer QC Windows, 1.1 T, Price- Rs.24,250

Summer QC : Hitachi Home & Life Solutions (India) Ltd.

2- Hitachi ACE Follow Me Split, 1.2 T, Price- Rs.33,000 and Rs.34,000 :!:

ACE Follow Me: Hitachi Home & Life Solutions (India) Ltd.

Now those Prices are almost same stated in Hitachi's website, that's MRP, and AFAIK MOP is always 8-10% lower than MRP, but here ??? Oh well....

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
^^i'm using one hitachi AC which i mentioned last week..
it cant even cool ma small 10x12 room. temperature sensor is not working fine.. and when person from customer care came ..he told this problem is with many hitachi AC and still they have no solution.

room temp=27
temp on AC set = 23
still it cut-off....

cooling is good, sound is also very less but what is the use of that when your AC dont work upto the right temp.
m not at all satisfied with this product.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
really its very disappointing.. purchasing a AC for 27k and still suffering a prob it cant be tolerated. 2moro i'm goin with my dad to shopkeeper.. either replace this AC or if same problem occurs change the brand..

ajayritik

Technomancer
Rs 30,330

Too be honest sometimes I don't like Air Conditioners esp when the temperature is set very low. However getting used to it now.

My apologies. Its Rs 33,500. I'm referring to Hitachi Ace Follow Me 1.2 T 5 Star.

^^i'm using one hitachi AC which i mentioned last week..
it cant even cool ma small 10x12 room. temperature sensor is not working fine.. and when person from customer care came ..he told this problem is with many hitachi AC and still they have no solution.

room temp=27
temp on AC set = 23
still it cut-off....

cooling is good, sound is also very less but what is the use of that when your AC dont work upto the right temp.
m not at all satisfied with this product.

really its very disappointing.. purchasing a AC for 27k and still suffering a prob it cant be tolerated. 2moro i'm goin with my dad to shopkeeper.. either replace this AC or if same problem occurs change the brand..

That was such a sick response from the Hitachi Customer Care. Too be honest he is more of a technician who is employed by Hitachi for installation and repairs so he need not be loyal to Hitachi as such.

Too be really honest even I delayed buying an A/C coz I was unable to decide to go for which brand I read conflicting reviews on Hitachi so I had to wait. But finally went for Hitachi as one of my friends suggested.

Since this is the first time I'm using A/C I may not be able to tell much whether my A/C is working as expected. Though we were not happy with the performance initially but now we are ok.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Jeez...I was gonna place my order today of Hitachi Summer QC 5 star Windows, but after reading the comments above I am confused !

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
buddy wait for few days.. i have complained again i jst said that your service guy has done nothing except a "jugaad".. now lets see wht they will do..

ajayritik

Technomancer
Too be honest the primary reason for buying A/C is to ensure that the room temperature is reduced to a temperature which is cooler. So I'm very much happy with Hitachi. No Complaints.

I had problems with A/C in general and not Hitachi as such.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
buddy wait for few days.. i have complained again i jst said that your service guy has done nothing except a "jugaad".. now lets see wht they will do..
Well gotta say CC sucks of Hitachi.
Too be honest the primary reason for buying A/C is to ensure that the room temperature is reduced to a temperature which is cooler. So I'm very much happy with Hitachi. No Complaints.

I had problems with A/C in general and not Hitachi as such.

You mean O'General or other general brands?

Anyway, I now have 3-4 days to order mine, after reading Pulkitpopli's comment about Hitachi I was thinking of Blue Star, but that poor brand doesn't even have any 5 star rated Window AC :(, so Hitachi seems the only option left !

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
buddy just informed you what happened with me... i still feel O'general is best but they are not rated above 3star..

and i personally feel that these rating dont matter much...
more cooling -low star- compressor run for less time - low bills
less cooling - high star - compressor run for more ttime - same bill amount as above

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
^^ Try lg mate. They are very good.
Thanks Vicky but I don't think I can go for LG, coz I have heard really bad feedback from my relatives, friends..frankly you are the only person I know whose LG truly stands for Life's Good, and I hope it continues that way. Please don't mind.
buddy just informed you what happened with me... i still feel O'general is best but they are not rated above 3star..

and i personally feel that these rating dont matter much...
more cooling -low star- compressor run for less time - low bills
less cooling - high star - compressor run for more ttime - same bill amount as above

Hmm..that may be correct, but I think I have to go for 5 Star as it will give me some peace of mind and course if high bill appears then I could least tell my parents, 'look this is a 5 Star one, what could I do?' :lol:

Anyway I am gonna order the Hitachi Summer QC 1.1 T, knowing I might have to face some problem OR not. Lets see how my luck goes with Hitachi :)

Top Bottom