Suggest me an Air Conditioner

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys since currently I'm staying in rented house can't go for Window A/C. So planning to go for Split A/C. Checked out models for Hitachi and Daikin but they are quite expensive.
Not sure to go for which other models. Available within my budget are Voltas, Panasonic and LG.

Nope, but fixed my mind, I am going for Hitachi ACE Follow Me/Cut Out, will buy on 15-16 this month.

Which model? I didnt get you when you say Follow Me/Cut Out?

i purchased hitachi too.. yesterday..

Which model? Price?

Last edited:
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@Ajay- Either Ace Follow Me or Ace Cut Out, that's the Model, and I'll buy the 1.2t one, course they are 5 star.
and I think you should increase your budget and get Hitachi/OGeneral/Daikin, frankly I don't believe in LG and Voltas, Panasonic maybe good, I've no idea. And you might also consider Whirlpool coz I've been told that they use Hitachi's compressor, but I can't confirm about an external source :)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Hitachi is a very good brand and cooling is exceptional as well. But its 5 star rated ac's are very expensive than some other brands. Lg and samsung offer good vfm. Some models also come with built in inverter.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Well my lg's compressor is working fine without any hitches. Cooling is exceptional too.

The room size is 10x12.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
just be careful of lg service...i had a horrible experience with it....had to fight tooth & nail to get the things done...even getting it serviced was a pain in the ass...

Piyush

Lanaya
for a powerful window ac
go for
western house --> O general --> blue star --> Hitachi

my previous AC was O general(was being used for past 6 years )
current one is O general too

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
Hitachi 418ERD, (not A), it's a Window one right?

@Vicky- Yes 5 star Hitachi's are expensive but that's worth the price, and I highly doubt about LG's compressor. :)

yes its window 4star..
IMO its better than any other lg,samsung or whteva... n yes 5star hitachi and lg costs same in market 28k..

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
The main thing is you have check the compressor I think most of the companies share same compressor but I am not sure.In my personal experience with A.C which I used and also running in good condition in my home from last past 8 yr,I will arrange like this
Blue star(Split)>>Hitachi(Split)>>Samsung(window)>>LG (window).In blue star and Hitachi the difference is not big its like if give rating to blue star is 8.5 and to Hitachi 9.0, this because blue star is lit bit better faster in cooling and Hitachi is very very silent in compare to all of them.And in Samsung and LG I don't like LG it's good but Samsung is better than that.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
The main thing is you have check the compressor I think most of the companies share same compressor but I am not sure.In my personal experience with A.C which I used and also running in good condition in my home from last past 8 yr,I will arrange like this
Blue star(Split)>>Hitachi(Split)>>Samsung(window)>>LG (window).In blue star and Hitachi the difference is not big its like if give rating to blue star is 8.5 and to Hitachi 9.0, this because blue star is lit bit better faster in cooling and Hitachi is very very silent in compare to all of them.And in Samsung and LG I don't like LG it's good but Samsung is better than that.

Absolutely. I have always doubted LG for their compressor, but one of our member Vicky is having good time with his LG.
Now I am getting a bit confused between Blue Star and Hitachi :)

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Actually me and one of mine friend bought both Samsung and LG same A.C from same shop on same day.We have same experience with LG but that time Samsung was expensive in compare to LG because one of the reason was that time Samsung importing his compressor and the quality was good.But I don't have any idea of current market.May be people who purchase recently they know better about price.And blue star is very big company it does not mean Hitachi is small, but in big mall and place like which need big centralised A.C system (I know about these two country USA and Dubai) you can find blue star.Blue star doing this from very long time.But Hitachi looks are good as compare to blue star.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Congrats, it's a 3 star one though, how do you like it? And mention appropriate price and purchase location also.

I had to chose between Hitachi Follow me 1.2 Ton 5 star and Kaze 3 Star. Spent quite some time deciding which one to go for. Since my bed room is little bit on the larger side I thought it makes sense to go for 1.5 Ton and also since I will be using it mostly in nights I thought 5 Star wouldnt make much difference.
The actual price is Rs 30,990. Bought if from Adishwar Electronics, Hyderabad

Last edited:
Top Bottom