suggest a 4 to 4.3inch screen android phone

kkk05

Broken In
I am using Galaxy 3 for last 20 months and the phone is still going strong. My needs from phone are the phone functionality, browsing and maps with GPS when I am out for which galaxy 3 is enough. But I am sick of the lag it has. It takes few seconds to launch contacts or dial pad or to make a call from contacts. So thinking of a phone which doesnt have these problems.

I want an android phone with 4 to 4.3inch screen. Budget is not a constraint but for my purposes galaxy S3 is overkill. I guess a budget of 15 to 20K should be enough. I am thinking of any galaxy or Xperia phone (biased towards samsung being an ex employee and sony phones have good looks) but want a phone (brand doesnt matter) which doesnt have any noticeable lag for basic functions when phone is under no load or minimal load. Stock ICS or plans by company to upgrade to ICS is must. Not interested in custom ROMs.

Galaxy S Plus, Xperia Arc and Desire HD are some phones I looked into but couldnt get a good info on lag part. Please suggest a phone.

randomuser111

Technomancer
+1 to Sam's advice
And also since you mentioned Samsung, you can take a look at the Samsung Galaxy S Advance. It costs around 21k.

Unkn0wN

2 STRONK
+1 for the SGS Advance but it has no official plans for ICS, if the Xperia P battery life is fine with you then go for it. While for Motorola i heard that their service centers here are a pain.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
I'd say go with Galaxy R. Though, it has 8GB of internal storage & LCD screen in comparison to 16GB and AMOLED screen of Galaxy Advance.
With MicroHDMI video out, 1GB RAM & bigger screen size Galaxy R should make a good choice.

techlover

In the zone
Galaxy S Advance not worth of money u r spending ..better buy Xperia P in same price range ....almost better in every spec

Motorola Atrix 2 though a good phone but motorola doesnt have very good after sale service..i dont recommend it

aroraanant

Explorer
S Advance is not worth the money.
I suggest you to get Xperia P or Sensation, you can either of the two for 22k

OP
K

kkk05

Broken In
Thanks for the inputs. Xperia P or Sensation then. Not interested in Motorola unless the device is one of its kind. Will do more research on battery life and take a decision accordingly.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
atrix 2 has a fantastic battery...
go for xperia p (awesome looks)

but if has non-expandable 16gb-only storage(sufficient for most)
dont go for sensation no news of ics update from htc...

Empirial

Youngling
Even HTC EVO 3D is available for as low as 23k via Saholic. Also read this : HTC EVO 3D gets Android 4.0 ICS update

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
also 1 idea from my side.. you can buy a Tab as u stated ur usage is browsing and GPS mainly..
new Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 310 is available at 19k.. its screen is 7".. you will surely enjoy browsing and GPS.. also you can use this for calling/SMSing as a mobile phone..

OP
K

kkk05

Broken In
new Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 310 is available at 19k.. its screen is 7".. you will surely enjoy browsing and GPS.. also you can use this for calling/SMSing as a mobile phone..

I have a playbook (7inch tablet, pathetic app situation but great touch screen and response and cheap for its HW specs when I bought 6months back) which I use for reading and browsing. Actually load on my phone is very less due to this as while travelling I carry tablet with me. I think it is not practical to use a 7"tablet as phone.
What I need from the phone is 4" or 4.3"screen, fast response for basic operations and GPS and option of having any app if ane when required. Rest doesnt matter to me (Camera, music, Video etc).

aroraanant

Explorer
Look wise EVO 3D doesn't look good at all.
You can use some coupon on search for some deal online, you will surely get Xperia P for 22k

OP
K

kkk05

Broken In
Sorry for reviving a old thread. Just wanted to post something and didnt want to create a new thread.

I got lured by discounts offered by timtara.com and placed an order for Xperia S. It is 15days and order is awaiting shipment for all those 15days. I would never have purchased from them if I read the reviews but I bought so many things online from somany sites that I never thought twice buying something online (Obviously that will change from now with new sites). Add me to the list of somany people with bad experiances with timtara. unfortunately I paid money using netbanking :-(

I know it is old news on web but dont buy from them.

Is there anybody who was in my situation and got it resolved. I will do whatever I can to get the money or phone as the amount is large but sub consciously I am resigned to losing the money.

Top Bottom