suggest a 4 to 4.3inch screen android phone

MANOfJosh

QA Professional
Sorry for reviving a old thread. Just wanted to post something and didnt want to create a new thread.

I got lured by discounts offered by timtara.com and placed an order for Xperia S. It is 15days and order is awaiting shipment for all those 15days. I would never have purchased from them if I read the reviews but I bought so many things online from somany sites that I never thought twice buying something online (Obviously that will change from now with new sites). Add me to the list of somany people with bad experiances with timtara. unfortunately I paid money using netbanking :-(

I know it is old news on web but dont buy from them.

Is there anybody who was in my situation and got it resolved. I will do whatever I can to get the money or phone as the amount is large but sub consciously I am resigned to losing the money.

You can ask for order cancellation and refund. timtara takes ages to honour an order. Send a legal notice via email if they are not responding properly.

OP
K

kkk05

Broken In
Got a mail from timtara that they shipped the order. I have written a notice asking them to deliver in 15 days or face consumer forum and mailed the scanned copy on monday. I will never know whether that played any role in shipping but within a day of mailing that, they sent the product. Now to see in what condition the phone will be when it arrives. But a big relief for me :)

I hope everything is proper with the phone when it comes. If everything is fine, Xperia S at 25.5K is a decent deal I guess. I will not order anything from timtara in future unless the positive reviews start coming.

OP
K

kkk05

Broken In
Got the phone today. Every thing is received properly. Xperia S came with data cable, hands free, HDMI cable and charger. There were no NFC tags in the pack and not mentioned on the box also.

Every thing about phone is as expected but the first feeling after opening applications list is 'WoW so much bloat ware'. Trying to upgrade to ICS but download stuck at 70%. Trying one more time and the download is in progress now.

Reading all those horror stories on Net about timtara I feel very lucky to get it in 3+ weeks.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Nope. At least for the XS that is not the case. The current XS stock on sale is from July. Similarly in May when I bought mine, it was April stock. I bought it in May first week.

OP
K

kkk05

Broken In
^
Nope. At least for the XS that is not the case. The current XS stock on sale is from July. Similarly in May when I bought mine, it was April stock. I bought it in May first week.
I guess it depends on the seller. I installed ics and so far not experienced any issues. One problem with the phone though. The volume seems to be very low in speaker mode. It is barely audible in a silent room. While playing music it seems ok.

Top Bottom