Steam

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Re: Steam related discussions

Updates on payment: I tried with a MasterCard and a VISA debit card (both international) and both failed on Steam.

@ Faun: How do you pay for games on Steam?

Indian Debit cards for some banks don't work for online transactions (despite the International tag). It's due to the 3D Secure Code thing that's needed by nearly every Indian bank and American banks don't use them.

You can use Entropay , which I suggested 2-3 pages back. I used it until I got a credit card from HDFC.

If you need more information , PM me.

Krow

Crowman

Entropay is a little too much imho. I'll try HDFC VCC and check. That seems to be my best bet. Else, I'll just find someone with a CC to buy me the games. :p

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Purchased Metro 2033 from Steam at 5 USD. Any way of scheduling the game install? I have a 2-8 night UL connection, so can't really install it before that. :(

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|

well i bought the counter strike bundle for 7.79 USD and I did that with a VISA ELEctron Debit card and it worked :D

I dont think Credit cards are always a necessity to buy from Steam, are they? :???:

Last edited:

baccilus

Cyborg Agent

Purchased Metro 2033 from Steam at 5 USD. Any way of scheduling the game install? I have a 2-8 night UL connection, so can't really install it before that. :(

Here is what I would do to save myself from all the geeky solutions.
1.Add steam to your start up program.
2. Look for the option of alarm in your motherboard. Most motherboards have this feature that when they have power supply they can turn on at specified time.
3. At 2 AM your computer will turn on and steam will start at start up itself and start downloading stuff in the download que.
4. I don't have a solution for turning it off. If you can't think of a clean geeky solution, just put an alarm.
If it works tell me.

^for auto shutdown make a shortcut and type the following in the box

shutdown.exe -s -f -t 1800

add the time in seconds after which you want your pc to turn off.

varunb

Working in an IT company

well i bought the counter strike bundle for 7.79 USD and I did that with a VISA ELEctron Debit card and it worked :D

I dont think Credit cards are always a necessity to buy from Steam, are they? :???:

I clearly told u the funda on steam & you still keep on asking this. You have an Axis bank account & ur debit card card worked doesn't means others wont face any issues with their debit cards. The least you can do is tell everyone here what Axis debit card you used - gold, classic, etc

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Here is what I would do to save myself from all the geeky solutions.
1.Add steam to your start up program.
2. Look for the option of alarm in your motherboard. Most motherboards have this feature that when they have power supply they can turn on at specified time.
3. At 2 AM your computer will turn on and steam will start at start up itself and start downloading stuff in the download que.
4. I don't have a solution for turning it off. If you can't think of a clean geeky solution, just put an alarm.
If it works tell me.

OK, I will try.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Guys, I have finally got my first game via Steam. Its dirt 3. Thanks to Amd :D
I want all Tdf members to add me. My Steam id is: wuodland
Is there any way to play a Steam game without connecting to Internet?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

And are Dirt 3 DLCs purchased from Windows Games Live compatible with Steam version of Dirt 3?

BTW, congrats thetechfreak. I have also got the key couple of days earlier.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

theres no need to login to go "offline mode"
lol, that doesnt even make sense.

disconnect your internet/ turn off modem, then start steam, it'll take sometime & then pop-up telling no network found... - in hat pop-up - there'd be an "Start in offline" option.

Oh crap, i forgot to mention that you need to disconnect net. Or will blocking steam in firewall work might work.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

reposting here

DIRT3 Keys have been leaked.

BUT DONT TRY THESE KEYS, VALVE IS BANNING STEAM ACCOUNTS OF THOSE REGISTERING WITH LEAKED KEYS

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

The keys dont include keys from Amd give away right?
@Jojo Thanks.

I have also joined Think Digit gaming group. Please add me guys!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

Spacemarine is tied to steam, getting confirmed it from flipkart.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

Darksiders @$5
Save 75% on Darksiders™ on Steam

Top Bottom