Steam

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
The Autumn "Black Friday\Exploration" sale is from November 25th 10AM PST til December 1st 10AM PST.

The Holiday sale is from December 22nd 10AM PST til Jan 4th 10AM PST.

From the steamworks developer group....

"In past sale events, we’ve asked for two discounts—a duration discount that runs for the length of the sale, and a feature discount that runs in the event that a game is featured on the front page. This year, to optimize the sale for customers and to allow us to feature and recommend your products in more ways to more customers, we’re asking for just one discount, to run the length of the sale.

We’ll still be highlighting top games on the front page for 24-48 hour spans, but those products will stay at their most competitive discount, before and after being featured. It’s not a major change, but it does make the sale a lot more valuable for customers, and it allows us to build sale tools that highlight and recommend products all sale long, instead of just during front page features."

Source: Neogaf
So that either means no more deep discounts or deep discounts all through

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
From what I understand it looks like instead of 80% off for highlight sales and 50% off for rest of the time, it will be 65% off throughout the sales duration.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^It will be a single discount throughout the sales (as per my understanding), so if GTA V is discounted at 50% off, it will stay the same throughout the sale, instead of different discounts on different days. Basically, it will almost obliterate the chance of missing a deal. So if your paycheck is credited mid-sales, you can still catch up. ;)

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
^^It will be a single discount throughout the sales (as per my understanding), so if GTA V is discounted at 50% off, it will stay the same throughout the sale, instead of different discounts on different days. Basically, it will almost obliterate the chance of missing a deal. So if your paycheck is credited mid-sales, you can still catch up. ;)
But what's the point if we don't get the deep discounts anymore?

So e.g who will buy Remember Me at 65%?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
You get it wrong, say if a game is 90% (or whatever percentage) off at the beginning of the sale, it will remain so throughout the sale. So as [MENTION=135367]007[/MENTION] said, deep discount will run throughout the sale instead of few hours or a day or so.

Again, that's my understanding.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
You get it wrong, say if a game is 90% (or whatever percentage) off at the beginning of the sale, it will remain so throughout the sale. So as @007 said, deep discount will run throughout the sale instead of few hours or a day or so.

Which developer will set it to 90% off for the whole sale? No one will do that.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
You get it wrong, say if a game is 90% (or whatever percentage) off at the beginning of the sale, it will remain so throughout the sale. So as [MENTION=135367]007[/MENTION] said, deep discount will run throughout the sale instead of few hours or a day or so.

Yes that part I got that same discount full sale per title.

My point is does this mean that deep discounts are gone. Because as you know very well, deep discounts were only part of flash sales before.

Now if they do have the deep discounts all through then it will be awesome.

Guess we just have to wait and see. Fingers crossed.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which developer will set it to 90% off for the whole sale? No one will do that.

^^If people can set it for 90% off for a whole week (weeklong deals), I am pretty much certain they can do so for another week also. There's a possibility that the key generator of the game may run out (remember Prey or TDU2) if the discount is too good, so you may see a few games getting removed or purchase disabled during the sale.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
^^If people can set it for 90% off for a whole week (weeklong deals), I am pretty much certain they can do so for another week also. There's a possibility that the key generator of the game may run out (remember Prey or TDU2) if the discount is too good, so you may see a few games getting removed or purchase disabled during the sale.
So they won't put back new keys?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
So they won't put back new keys?

Depends on their situation. TDU2 devs put the game back, after a month or two later, I think that was during last year's winter sale. And I hope you know the story of Prey, it was on 75% discount during one sale, the key generator got exhausted and there was no further combination of the key possible with the existing code. The devs gone kaput soon after, so the game never come back to Steam.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Depends on their situation. TDU2 devs put the game back, after a month or two later, I think that was during last year's winter sale. And I hope you know the story of Prey, it was on 75% discount during one sale, the key generator got exhausted and there was no further possible combination of the key possible with the existing code. The devs gone kaput soon after, so the game never come back to Steam.
Ah wasn't aware of this prey situation. Been on steam for only 3 years now. Heard that prey 2 is in development but it seems like forever now.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Have the steam sales started?
Since there is no discount on the 50 games I have on my wishlist. :?

Steam Community :: Vyom :: Games

Looks like I will get the Codemaster Humble Bundle instead. Looks sweet!

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Have the steam sales started?
Since there is no discount on the 50 games I have on my wishlist. :?

Steam Community :: Vyom :: Games

Looks like I will get the Codemaster Humble Bundle instead. Looks sweet!
The bundle is good but sad that I already have grid and dirt games. Don't think its worth getting just for autosport though.

Kaltrops

In the zone
Well if you know, the current steam login auth has been replaced by the mobile auth. So I guess it is pretty secure.
Yeah it has. Do you use the app? I'm still paranoid about these things but it's so much more convenient to just add a credit card to your account and purchase stuff from the app :).

Plus I can keep track of my wishlist easily.

Top Bottom