Sony PlayStation 4 discussion | Trolls will be banned

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
PS4 pre-order sales No. 1; Xbox One No. 2 at retailer

This was expected after Microsoft played spoil sport with their decisions.They better have some good contingency plans.

E3 2013: Sony’s Shuhei Yoshida Talks About the PlayStation Camera and on Why it Isn’t in the PS4′s Box

Their every answer seems genuine.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Yeah the answers were very sensible and genuine.. Sony is getting it right everywhere (except ps+, which isn't a big hindrance though)

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
“If You go With 4GB of GDDR5″ RAM on PS4, “You Are Done,” Randy Pitchford Told Sony

According to Adam Boyes (Publishing VP of SCEA), Gearbox Software ( Borderlands franchise) was responsible for 8gb GDDR5 ram inclusion in PS4, as opposed to the original plans of a 4GB unit.
At last, everyone was glad about the final decision. :)

Cliffy B: Numbers Don’t Work to Allow Used Games, “Disc Based Day one $60 Model is Crumbling”

This guy does have a point, from a pure industry sense and not consumer satisfaction.

Next-Generation Consoles Sized-Up

PS4 is the smallest. :)

Last edited:

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
“If You go With 4GB of GDDR5″ RAM on PS4, “You Are Done,” Randy Pitchford Told Sony

According to Adam Boyes (Publishing VP of SCEA), Gearbox Software ( Borderlands franchise) was responsible for 8gb GDDR5 ram inclusion in PS4, as opposed to the original plans of a 4GB unit.

Cliffy B: Numbers Don’t Work to Allow Used Games, “Disc Based Day one $60 Model is Crumbling”

This guy does have a point, from a pure industry sense and not consumer satisfaction.

Next-Generation Consoles Sized-Up

PS4 is the smallest. :)

And i really hope it has a good cooling mechanism in place.
I don't want a certain evil yellow light blinking when i play my KZ : SF

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
PS4 Exclusives so far:

• Blacklight: Retribution: Free to play FPS action only on PS4 and PC from Zombie Studios.
  • Daylight: First-person survival horror with randomly generated levels and a serious lack of light sources.
  • DC Universe Online: The PS3 MMO hit returns on PS4. Become a hero or a villain and team up with famous characters in Gotham and Metropolis.
  • Driveclub: Drive! In a club! Social online racing from the guys behind the awesome Motorstorm.
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: The troubled Square Enix MMO is back and ready to prove itself on PS4.
  • Infamous: Second Sun: Rock around Seattle with superpowers in the third game in the Infamous franchise.
  • Killzone: Shadow Fall: Shoot some Helghast in the face as you return to the world of Guerilla's FPS series.
  • Knack: Fun action platforming for the kids, or adults who never really grew up.
  • The Order: 1886: Adventure through an alternate history steampunk London full of things that go bump in the night.
  • Planetside 2: A free to play MMO FPS that has been a great success on PC.
  • Primal Carnage: Genesis: An episodic single player series about a world where dinosaurs have been brought back from extinction.
  • Secret Ponchos: An indie action shooter from the excellently named studio, Switchblade Monkeys.
  • Super Stardust HD sequel: We know another Super Stardust is coming, but not much more. Expect lots of shooting!
  • Warframe: Another free to play shooter, this time in a third person viewpoint. A big success on PC so far.
  • War Thunder: Multiplayer flight sim with planes from a variety of time periods. Highway to the danger to the zone!

Updated in OP.

P.S -Final Fantasy XV is not a PS4 exclusive. Its also for XBOX-One.

cyborg47

Technomancer

Awesome, good guy Randy Pitchford, even though I absolutely hate him for what he did to AliensCM.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
PS4 games hands-on

E3 2013: DCUO plans to remain completely free on PS4 | Massively

E3 2013: PS4 Outpacing Xbox One Pre-Orders - IGN

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
EA: "We don't have a problem with second-hand sales as they are today"

We’ve known Microsoft’s thoughts on next-gen DRM enforcement (to leave it up to individual publishers) for a while now, but Sony only recently confirmed that it won’t be having any of it. However, the fact still stands that Sony cannot prevent third-party publishers from restricting the use/sale of their games, so there’s still a bit of a gray area. Luckily, that gray area has become a bit clearer thanks to a statement from EA (via Eurogamer) that at least partially details their thoughts on the infamously draconian DRM.

Patrick Söderlund, EA Games Label boss, recently clarified that EA doesn’t “have a problem with second-hand sales as they are today. We clearly articulated our stance when we abandoned the Online Pass.” On the subject, Söderlund explained that the decision to terminate the Online Pass system was “because we talked to people, our fans and our players, and they said, ‘Listen, we don’t want to play our games like this.’ We have to listen to them and we removed it. It’s that simple.”

It seems EA aren't playing spoil sport in this regard. Hopefully, Activision and Ubisoft follow along the same lines.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
EA: "We don't have a problem with second-hand sales as they are today"

It seems EA aren't playing spoil sport in this regard. Hopefully, Activision and Ubisoft follow along the same lines.

They're lying.

They don't need the online pass anymore, now that they make everyone use Origin.

Perhaps the situation will be better on the consoles though.

cyborg47

Technomancer

Activision won't be concerned about used games. With the kind of money they make out of call of duty, they really don't have to care.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Amazon Holds PS4 vs Xbox One Vote, PS4 Winning By Embarrassingly Insane Ratio

Sony raising sales projections for PlayStation 4

Pre-orders are growing at an insane pace. Perhaps the pricing and the no DRM schemes are the biggest crowd pullers.

PS4 To Offer Cloud Integration To All Developers

PS4 developers will be able to offload some computing calculations to remote servers through the cloud, Sony’s worldwide studios president has said.
Much like the cloud capabilities that have been touted by Microsoft for the Xbox One, Shuhei Yoshida confirmed to Polygon that developers can offload certain processes usually handled by the hardware itself, such as AI and physics calculations.

Top Bottom