Samsung Galaxy S II

Kvishal

In the zone
Hi Guys,

I have just bought a Brand New Samsung Galaxy S2 yesterday and I have got a little worried with a thing in my new phone. After hearing stories here, about people having a Yellow, Green, Blue Tinge on their SGS-2 I was kind of paranoid about not having it on my device. But I noticed something yesterday.

When you get a call, you accept it, put it on a speaker phone and press the home button there is a Green Light Bar that appears on top of the screen and it stays there till your phone is not ended. I was just trying to know, does everyone here get the same thing or am I the only exception who is getting it. I have attached the screenshots like in Photo-1 & 2 it is clearly visible and in Photo-3 when the call has ended it becomes normal again.

Can someone of you check if you guys are also getting this in your SGS-2 ?

Thanks

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Guys,

I have just bought a Brand New Samsung Galaxy S2 yesterday and I have got a little worried with a thing in my new phone. After hearing stories here, about people having a Yellow, Green, Blue Tinge on their SGS-2 I was kind of paranoid about not having it on my device. But I noticed something yesterday.

When you get a call, you accept it, put it on a speaker phone and press the home button there is a Green Light Bar that appears on top of the screen and it stays there till your phone is not ended. I was just trying to know, does everyone here get the same thing or am I the only exception who is getting it. I have attached the screenshots like in Photo-1 & 2 it is clearly visible and in Photo-3 when the call has ended it becomes normal again.

Can someone of you check if you guys are also getting this in your SGS-2 ?

Thanks
That's with everyone. It is normal. lol. :p

guyz i m sorry if i m not supposed to ask here.....but still yaar im confused b/w SGS2 n Moto Razr droid, i even saw SG note, but its huge....n moreover...if anyone could update me latest price of sgs2 ? on ebay it retails for Rs. 28,290..so is advisable to get it or will you suggest me to wait, as Nexus is due fro launch, so can i expect any price lsash after launch of Nexus Prime ? :D

Kvishal

In the zone
Guys,

Correct me if I am wrong I was always amazed by the stories people would say about the iPhone and how truly amazing it was, with the kind of APPS it had and the kind of user experience it gives the only reason I did not buy one was coz the 4S had nothng great to offer and the screen size of 3.5 inch was too short for me and that was the only and only reason why it did not buy it and I went ahead and bought the SGS-2. Just to give u guys an example I also sometimes get my hand on my brother's iPhone and hence can say this I am yet to come across some quality games in the Market. Just look at the games Apple has to offer, those are absolutely brilliant games tell me one name or tell me some games which can match the quality.of Soccer Fifa 12, Infinity Blade, Real Racing GTI. There are none.Apple to My mind still offers some world class quality and great customer satisfaction. I wish iPhone had come out with a minimum of 4+ screen size I would have never bought a SGS-2 !!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys,

Correct me if I am wrong I was always amazed by the stories people would say about the iPhoneand how truly amazing it was, with the kind of APPS it had and the kind of user experience it gives the only reason I did not buy one was coz the 4S had nothng great to offer and the screen size of 3.5 inch was too short for me and that was the only and only reason why it did not buy it and I went ahead and bought the SGS-2. Just to give u guys an example I also sometimes get my hand on my brother's iPhone and hence can say this I am yet to come across some quality games in the Market. Just look at the games Apple has to offer, those are absolutely brilliant games tell me one name or tell me some games which can match the quality.of Soccer Gifa 12, Infinity Blade, Real Racing GTI. There are none.Apple to My mind still offers some world class quality and great customer satisfaction. I wish iPhone had come out with a minimum of 4+ screen size I would have never bought a SGS-2 !!
thx 4 the info bro.

Kvishal

In the zone
Has anybody here tried to root their SGS-2? There is this APP that I desperately need to have and I cannot get it unless I root it. So am thinking what do I do? is it safe besides that it voids the warranty on it.

Kvishal

In the zone
I am getting bored of this phone Man !! Someone please tell me one good thing that I can do with this phone, you can't download most of the quality games from the market because you are in India same goes for some good APPS though they are available in Market you can't download it because you are in India eeks !! I feel I am trapped, I am cheated. This kind of Android sucks man!!

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
I am getting bored of this phone Man !! Someone please tell me one good thing that I can do with this phone, you can't download most of the quality games from the market because you are in India same goes for some good APPS though they are available in Market you can't download it because you are in India eeks !! I feel I am trapped, I am cheated. This kind of Android sucks man!!
Sell your SGS2, and get an iPhone 4S.

Kvishal

In the zone
Sell your SGS2, and get an iPhone 4S.

I wud have so much, so much done that...but screen size is a problem for me 3.5 Inch is way too short for me. But the quality of APPS in android is horrible, it is hardly any match to the APPS available on the Apple APP store!!

I wud have so much, so much done that...but screen size is a problem for me 3.5 Inch is way too short for me. But the quality of APPS in android is horrible, it is hardly any match to the APPS available on the Apple APP store!!

Buy a iPod touch 4G 8gb/32gb for quality of games, and enjoy best of both worlds.

The best combo cost (SGS2+iPod touch 4G 32gb) 28k+16k=44k
IPhone4s: 45k

Kvishal

In the zone
Buy a iPod touch 4G 8gb/32gb for quality of games, and enjoy best of both worlds.

The best combo cost (SGS2+iPod touch 4G 32gb) 28k+16k=44k
IPhone4s: 45k

Come the iPhone 5 and I am gonna be the first person to jump on it. Just hate this thing.It bloody doesnt allow me to download a APP which is there in the Market but I cant have it. What a shame Android u suck big time :-(

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
any idea where I can get this SGS2 microUSB jig from? Thinking of flashing and then might need to set the custom kernel count to zero for taking it to service.

Try eBay, received my jig today and tried it on my phone. Works like a charm, didn't had to downgrade bootloader.

Do they deliver properly in India? :?
Ofcourse DE delivers stuff free of cost to India, but the delivery time depends on where you live, I usually get stuff within 10-12 days of shipping(to South India), but people living up north have different stories, some even waited for a month or two.

ajayritik

Technomancer

Come the iPhone 5 and I am gonna be the first person to jump on it. Just hate this thing.It bloody doesnt allow me to download a APP which is there in the Market but I cant have it. What a shame Android u suck big time :-(

Vishal it looks like as if someone put a gun on your head and asked you to buy a non apple product. You could maybe write a letter to apple to have a product launch which has a bigger screen than the current one. Looks like you are into android bashing.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Troll?

Banned for a week.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Some operators block certain ports. Vodafone live which I have blocks ports. Thats why iPhones have a separate plan on most operators.

Top Bottom