Samsung Galaxy S II

dharmil007

Journeyman
i'Ve just bought a USB OTG cable for my S2.

i plugged pendrive, 2/4 GB works fine.

but when i try to connect 16GB, it shows "HIGH POWER DEVICE CONNECTED."
& doesnt read the contents. {FAT32 format}
Does anyone have problems like this ??
Can anyone plug in 16/32GB pendrives pls reply ????

Have you tried battery callibration app...seems to work for me...battery drain rate reduced now for me...:razz:

*market.android.com/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration

There's one more app
Juice Defender

red dragon

Master troll
All the droids do.

Why so?
Is it because of the shiny metallic back cover?
I had htc hd2,desire(and the desire hd for less than a month)
All of them simply sucked.
Piss poor audio quality(even worse than GS2)
Very poor battery life.
I have started hating Samsung also(probably android more than Samsung)
This stupid o.s bug is just intolerable.
I have atleast 10 people in my office using GS2,but none of them use it as their primary phone because of such terrible battery life:-x(trust me all those custom ROMs make things worse)

Unless they do something about this in ICS,I will probably shift to the fruity camp.
At least those guys know that they are making a phone which some people actually tend to use as a mobile phone without keeping an eye on the battery meter.

I can perfectly live with the yellow patch on the GS2 screen,but that battery life of 12hrs or so is simply unacceptable.

For me both Samsung and htc suck,the second one even more with their crappier battery and sound.
As a pure mobile phone I rate my old E5 and Bold2 much higher than the GS2.

Have you tried battery callibration app...seems to work for me...battery drain rate reduced now for me...:razz:

*market.android.com/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration
GS2 does not need battery calibration.
I am getting decent battery compared to others(more than 6 hours on screen time)
But I expected more.
I was using juice defender for last 2-3 months...not anymore.
No significant difference.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Bye bye Android for me then!

Considering the huge screen and the large number of pixels, and not to mention a more lighter screen compared to darker colours in gingerbread, I think, the overall battery efficiency might have actually improved!!!

Let's wait and see. But considering that GS2 also has amoled which will consume more battery when displaying lighter colors, it may well prove insignificant, unless you change your theme?

ajayritik

Technomancer
I was thinking about buying this one but was contemplating if it's worth 26k?
What are the features that's making people shell out so much bucks?
Kuch to Hoga?
Should I invest more money and get this piece?

red dragon

Master troll
It is blazing fast
Absolutely no lag,no stutter.
The screen is just great for watching video.The yellow tint issue was never a dealbreaker for me.
Camera is decent enough for a mobile phone.
Battery is better than htc dual core.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Ok guys finally placed an order for SGSII. Thanks to some of your suggestions here.
What are the accessories you all think that I should invest in? Leather case,shell case,additional scratch guard.

Applications that needs to be installed?

red dragon

Master troll
Get a cheap back cover from flipkart and a good screenguard if you can find one.
One thing I would love to have is the original 2000mA Samsung battery(can not find it anywhere locally)
Root your phone and install Titanium back up pro first.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Get a cheap back cover from flipkart and a good screenguard if you can find one.
One thing I would love to have is the original 2000mA Samsung battery(can not find it anywhere locally)
Root your phone and install Titanium back up pro first.

Would appreciate if you can provide the links from flipkart. Is the back cover really required. Also any suggestions on the screenguard. I noticed one of my collegues has lot of finger prints on his SGSII the phone is not looking that great. Not sure what he would have done. The phone looks great in mobile store though.

What is Titanium Pro?

Ok guys finally placed an order for SGSII. Thanks to some of your suggestions here.
What are the accessories you all think that I should invest in? Leather case,shell case,additional scratch guard.

Applications that needs to be installed?

Leather case will come with SGS2. If you dont like it, buy Capdase or Amzer case. I am not using with screenguard, but that depends on your usage. You can get Amzer screenguard for as low as 120bucks which is great in quality. Check out flipkart for Galaxy S2 accessories.

Apps; Plenty of list and I am too lazy for this. :mrgreen:

ajayritik

Technomancer
I'm worried about the yellow tint which seems to be an issue with most of the pieces. :(
Hope mine doesn't come with that issue.
Also I'm shipping to office address and just like how I shipped my M1 last week looks like the shipping date is over the weekend. :(

Guys does this have an FM radio. Also how is the audio quality?
When I checked in the Mobile store the audio wasn't that great. Hope there are some applciations out there which will enhance the audio.

red dragon

Master troll
Audio quality is just about average.
The yellow tint is never a dealbreaker.
Now as you have bought it,no point wastimg time thinking.

Yes there are enhancements available.
I am using Audioboost for now.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Be aware ! At Sulekha it is Samsung galaxy s2 GT-I9100G and not GT-I9100
Comparison here:
Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 vs. GT-I9100G Ultimate Comparison Guide. All You Need to Know! | 10Division.com

Wow!! Really, really surprising. Thanks for giving a heads-up ..
Guess, I'll just wait for Galaxy Nexus , then , instead of going to GT-19100G..

Anyway to know quickly, other than in the box?

sygeek

Technomancer
Comparison here:
Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 vs. GT-I9100G Ultimate Comparison Guide. All You Need to Know! | 10Division.com
I don't see Sulekha mentioning this anywhere except a comment. So, I can't assure anyone if this is true or not.

Anyhow the price has been increased back, so it's better to buy it from any another (more reputed) site instead (with near-about price).

ajayritik

Technomancer
Comparison here:

I don't see Sulekha mentioning this anywhere except a comment. So, I can't assure anyone if this is true or not.

Anyhow the price has been increased back, so it's better to buy it from any another (more reputed) site instead (with near-about price).

Guys you have scared me to hell. Now I'm worried. :(

Just to save 1k I may have landed in soup.

Top Bottom