Samsung Galaxy S II

aroraanant

Explorer
bt mant ppl say "HTC IS Vs SG2" ... htc wins ... whot say ??? they confused me

HTC IS vs SGSII....
SII is dual core phone so I don't think it is good enough to compare both of these(though IS is a very good phone and I personally own it)
And also SGS II has some issues like almost every SII has some display problem like yellow screen etc.But yes if the SII don't have any hardware problem(or can say manufacturing defect) then I think it is very good for 26k.
But I have used both HTC and Samsung,and trust me HTC seems to me much better than Samsung(I may be sounding like an Fanboy but its true).

red dragon

Master troll
^It drains the battery :(
All the droids do.

.. trust me HTC seems to me much better than Samsung(I may be sounding like an Fanboy but its true).
Why so?
Is it because of the shiny metallic back cover?
I had htc hd2,desire(and the desire hd for less than a month)
All of them simply sucked.
Piss poor audio quality(even worse than GS2)
Very poor battery life.
I have started hating Samsung also(probably android more than Samsung)
This stupid o.s bug is just intolerable.
I have atleast 10 people in my office using GS2,but none of them use it as their primary phone because of such terrible battery life:-x(trust me all those custom ROMs make things worse)

Unless they do something about this in ICS,I will probably shift to the fruity camp.
At least those guys know that they are making a phone which some people actually tend to use as a mobile phone without keeping an eye on the battery meter.

I can perfectly live with the yellow patch on the GS2 screen,but that battery life of 12hrs or so is simply unacceptable.

For me both Samsung and htc suck,the second one even more with their crappier battery and sound.
As a pure mobile phone I rate my old E5 and Bold2 much higher than the GS2.

sygeek

Technomancer
All the droids do.

Why so?
Very poor battery life.
I have atleast 10 people in my office using GS2,but none of them use it as their primary phone because of such terrible battery life:-x(trust me all those custom ROMs make things worse)

Unless they do something about this in ICS,I will probably shift to the fruity camp.
At least those guys know that they are making a phone which some people actually tend to use as a mobile phone without keeping an eye on the battery meter.

I can perfectly live with the yellow patch on the GS2 screen,but that battery life of 12hrs or so is simply unacceptable.

For me both Samsung and htc suck,the second one even more with their crappier battery and sound.
Desire HD made sense, but HTC HD2, seriously? I hope that you're talking about the stock ROM.

red dragon

Master troll
Nope,hd2,it runs GB perfectly!Obviously I am not talking about winmo6.5(Now,I think I loved it more than this Android thing)

aroraanant

Explorer
All the droids do.

Why so?
Very poor battery life.
I have discussed these things before also but if you like to know more then I can tell u few things
The build quality of HTC is far better than samsung.(And every HTC don't have that shinny mental back :p )
The performance of HTC also is very good.

Yes would agree with you that sound quality is not very good,but I think its decent not very bad either.And now HTC has come with Dr. Beats(or something like that,correct me if I m wrong) in their new range of handsets like Sensation XE which will surely bring some change
I know that Desire HD and old Desire had some issues with the battery back up but it is not same with the all the handsets.
I own Incredible S and its pretty good and my bro owns HTC Touch HD and its battery back up is also very good.
Yes the battery drains out very soon if we use wifi/mobile internet or when we play games but I think that is common with all brands but HTC is better in this than Samsung.
And as we all know that we have got the best UI in HTC i.e. HTC Sense UI.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
"Build quality" of all Android OEMs is same. No one is better and no one is worser. Placebo.

I keep my brightness to nil as anything more hurts my eyes indoors and calliberate my battery once a month. Back-up is good.

@aroraanant
"as we all know which is the best UI i.e. SenseUI" is like saying X is the best sex position. Let's avoid such posts as it is a matter of personal taste and opinion. I'd prefer vanilla Android over these pile of sh!t. yup, that's my opinion. Not being definitive on everyone else.

sygeek

Technomancer
"Build quality" of all Android OEMs is same. No one is better and no one is worser. Placebo.

I keep my brightness to nil as anything more hurts my eyes indoors and calliberate my battery once a month. Back-up is good.
"Build quality" is not necessarily the same in all "low range/mid range" android devices.

@aroraanant
"as we all know which is the best UI i.e. SenseUI" is like saying X is the best sex position. Let's avoid such posts as it is a matter of personal taste and opinion. I'd prefer vanilla Android over these pile of sh!t. yup, that's my opinion. Not being definitive on everyone else.
Yeah, Sense UI is just more user-friendly than others. But generally I think most of the people will prefer it over other UIs (excluding stock UI).

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Build quality is pretty much the same for the Big 5 whether low-end, mid-end or high-end whilst Defy being a class apart.

Google up "X build quality sucks" or "X build quality rocks" - same results. Yer gonna find both happy and sad customers.

bt mant ppl say "HTC IS Vs SG2" ... htc wins ... whot say ??? they confused me
say whatever but say in English. :)

Galaxy S2 anyday for me as I have the proper one.

red dragon

Master troll
I have discussed these things before also but if you like to know more then I can tell u few things
The build quality of HTC is far better than samsung.(And every HTC don't have that shinny mental back :p )
The performance of HTC also is very good.

Yes would agree with you that sound quality is not very good,but I think its decent not very bad either.And now HTC has come with Dr. Beats(or something like that,correct me if I m wrong) in their new range of handsets like Sensation XE which will surely bring some change
I know that Desire HD and old Desire had some issues with the battery back up but it is not same with the all the handsets.
I own Incredible S and its pretty good and my bro owns HTC Touch HD and its battery back up is also very good.
Yes the battery drains out very soon if we use wifi/mobile internet or when we play games but I think that is common with all brands but HTC is better in this than Samsung.
And as we all know that we have got the best UI in HTC i.e. HTC Sense UI.

1.I guess this is your first htc,is it not?
2.How did you come to the conclusion that build quality is far better than Samsung?
The infamous back covers of GS and GS2 looks cheap,but is extremely durable and scratchproof.
3.Any source regarding your claim about better battery life in htc droids?
4.Regarding Beats audio..just do not get me started.Think you should change your definition of decent sound quality.Sound quality of htc is as bad as Micromax and the alike.
5.The original touch hd which your brother has/had is probably one of the worst smartphone ever made.Win6.5 is never felt so bad.
Go read up some old reviews about it!!
6.Regarding sense u.i.-It is slightly less crappier than Touch wiz,and stock Android is far better than these two.
I hope you know it is a great battery hog too.

Last edited:
I thought this thread would help me learn a lot about SGS2, but this conversation going nowhere. Which is best or not, does it matter in SGSII thread where users already purchased it?

I am happy with SGSII, lets get back to topic, rom, apps features bugs everything related to SGSII and not which one is better.

dharmil007

Journeyman
• Battery drain issue is related to Gingerbread, not the phone. Don't know if it will be sorted or not in ICS. This Android stuff still is blurry for me!

All the droids do.

Why so?

Very poor battery life.

i Dont think that the battery life in ICS is improved.
it still sucks & google has done nothing about it.
Source

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
All the droids do.

Why so?
Very poor battery life.

Have you tried battery callibration app...seems to work for me...battery drain rate reduced now for me...:razz:

*market.android.com/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration

aroraanant

Explorer
1.I guess this is your first htc,is it not?
2.How did you come to the conclusion that build quality is far better than Samsung?
The infamous back covers of GS and GS2 looks cheap,but is extremely durable and scratchproof.
3.Any source regarding your claim about better battery life in htc droids?
4.Regarding Beats audio..just do not get me started.Think you should change your definition of decent sound quality.Sound quality of htc is as bad as Micromax and the alike.
5.The original touch hd which your brother has/had is probably one of the worst smartphone ever made.Win6.5 is never felt so bad.
Go read up some old reviews about it!!
6.Regarding sense u.i.-It is slightly less crappier than Touch wiz,and stock Android is far better than these two.
I hope you know it is a great battery hog too.

1.No this is not my first HTC
2. I have got my hands on many htc and samsung devices and from that I concluded it.
3.Claim?? I own Incredible S and have used many other handsets also.
4. I told you that I agree that its sound quality is not very good.Its kind of ok-ok.Yes it needs some improvement for sure.
5.Rather then reading a review about Touch HD I can myself write a review about it,I really found it to be a good(in context to old window phones),may be I m saying so because I got it a very-very less price(really a killer deal) and for that price it is very good.
6. Android itself is big battery hog so now lets not talk about the UI

Now I hope we should end this debate coz if we will continue on this then it is never gonna end :) :)

Top Bottom