Resident Evil 4(BioHazard 4) - Review by Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Here i come with my third review. Unlike my previous reviews, i come with an adventure game. I was shocked to see that this game was released at 2007 May. I normally dont like zombies kinda games, but since my brother picked it, i have to try it. Installing the game doesnt look so hard and after a few hours of gameplay, i simply said it's awesome

Yes, the game set to begin with an unlucky officer Leon Kennedy who got involved in the mission of rescuing the presidents daughter, who is at some village full of zombies(or a strange looking,brilliant villagers). The AI is mind-blowing,brilliant, say so smart than Leon :)) . When we try to shoot a group of them, some of them comes aside of us and attack us. Thats remarkable effort there.

The next aspect that i get attracted to the game is the sound. The background sound is execllent and it really scares me a lot.

The stunning visuals is another big thing i get addicted. But the main issue is, it has no option to control the so called graphics settings. Thats bit annoying, but who cares when it ran in its full glory at a playable framerates. The details were so good to praise.

The combat system is nicely built upon with few kicks to the zombies a$$es which i like the most. Even after 6hours of gameplay, i haven't yet get irritated with the combat system. The ammos were not available in plenty but we buy it from a weird vendor.

Now at the negative side, the cut scenes were blurry and most ugliest i ever saw. Playing the game w/o controller is real pain in the a$$.(God! I already have one). I think CAPCOM just directly port the game from PS2 to w/o any effort. I am a kb+mouse combo fan, and if they use that then game look more fun. But still with controller i feel comfortable.

I give it 9/10 (i'll give it 10/10, but the controller part and blurry cutscenes suckz )

OK,here is the screenies for you..

*img25.imageshack.us/img25/8076/game2009030523581018.th.png

An Intelligent zombie villager

*img8.imageshack.us/img8/251/game2009030723404251.th.png

Kicked a villagers a$$

*img7.imageshack.us/img7/3066/game2009030801064207.th.png

What he is actually?

*img7.imageshack.us/img7/9016/game2009030817125746.th.png

Another boss fight..? that i won :D

Last edited:
OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
i was on 1024x768(Thats the max res of my CRT Monitor) and gfx looks good for me...
BTW are u playing it with controller?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Biohazard 4 is a good game, but the graphics strictly suck on PC, on PS2 it looks good.
You can check out my Resident Evil 4 Game Guide for Tips & Strategies.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I agree with u max_demon.. :D
Thanks G5, i badly need a walkthrough.. i stuck somewhere in the middle of zombie village :D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I had reviewed the PS2 version back in 2006. Here's a link: *skoar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2036

This was the first game I had completed on the PS2. Had instantly fallen in love with this game. It was a absolutely fantastic experience to play it on the PS2. The PC version need a lot of tweaking post which it is acceptable. People who still haven't tried it must get it right now. Apply all the graphical mods & it looks stunning on the PC.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Please gimme some links to get the graphical mods ethan.. BTW Nice review there.(Both of our scores look same..:D)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Here you go:
*z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evil_4_PC/index.php?showtopic=573

All the mods you can find are in there.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Ah... i try to post it, but since my USB is full of virus, i have to format it(Where all the pics were been stored). Will sure post the screenies later on, may be tomorrow.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
A rather strange thing I encountered, Your handgun(without upgradation) does very little damage instead your kick can impart a far lot of damage. Even a kick takes down upto 3 zombies at once, try it. ;)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@rajkumar_pb - Did you complete all the chapters?
When you complete them you unlock mission's of ada which are truly awesome. The enemy's UI is marvellous in those extra missions. You will have think wisely to survive them. :D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
A rather strange thing I encountered, Your handgun(without upgradation) does very little damage instead your kick can impart a far lot of damage. Even a kick takes down upto 3 zombies at once, try it. ;)
The handgun isn't really a wise choice in heavy battle. The shotgun imparts extreme damage. The melee attack is again triggered only if you hit the enemies at the right spot. Else you'll end up wasting ammo.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@rajkumar_pb - Did you complete all the chapters?
When you complete them you unlock mission's of ada which are truly awesome. The enemy's UI is marvellous in those extra missions. You will have think wisely to survive them. :D

I am in the end of the Third Chapter. And ofcourse i am eagerly looking for ada's part of the game, as i read that those missions are good. And from the start of the game, i have to think wisely. I hope i think wisely, so that i passed three chapters in a week time(Playing only one-two hours daily and 4-5hrs in Sunday)

The handgun isn't really a wise choice in heavy battle. The shotgun imparts extreme damage. The melee attack is again triggered only if you hit the enemies at the right spot. Else you'll end up wasting ammo.

Thats what i said. I most probably use the Shot gun and i use to shot at the head, so that i can kick their a$$e$. And just now i buy a MineThrower and found no use of it.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I like the sniper. Shotgun is good but as always only for close range.
I use handgun mostly in blasting barrels, fire extinguishers :D

Hey and wait, don't dump the minethrower, it is really useful especially when you have no rocket launcher. When zombies attack in groups, stick a mine to one zombie & enjoy the rest of them charring to the explosion. Upgrade it & you will see how large can be the impact of this weapon. Also there are some enemies which require you to aim at their backs, but they turn so quickly that you cannot. In such a short glimpse, a mine thrower is useful. ;)

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Thanks for the hint CoolG5. Ofcourse i cant dump or threw Minethrower as i bought for a premium price.(I think for 25000PTAS) so no way, i hav to keep it. But there is not enuff room to put up some new weapons i like to buy. Hope soon upgrade to large attach case. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.