Reliance Power IPO

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
+1.. Only 1 or 2 lots per application seems possible.. Btw enticer are u heavily into stocks?

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Not exactly- personally being a student I prefer Mutual Funds. But being a budding CA I am very much into analysing the economy and thus, the stock exchange.

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
Mutual funds r kinda safe.. But if u wanna earn fast, Stocks is the thing for u.. Btw do u analyse index funds too?

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
Anyone who has applied for a full lot (15 lots) irrepective of full payment or part payment is almost sure to get atleast 1 lot, as the retails oversubscription in 14.8 times.

Even i have applied for it.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
yeah 15 shares is minimum u will get....

In black market people were offering 10K+ for just aplying for IPO.....for them

enticer86

Stay Silent!
yeah 15 shares is minimum u will get....

In black market people were offering 10K+ for just aplying for IPO.....for them

Its not necessary. It's very possible that most ppl wud get a refund. Let's see what Reliance Power has in store.
And I didn't quite get this 10k+ wala thing.

Mutual funds r kinda safe.. But if u wanna earn fast, Stocks is the thing for u.. Btw do u analyse index funds too?

I don't exactly analyse, but I keep my eyes open and see how a particular news affects the pricing and all.. And what are the calls and puts for a stock. I agree stocks are good for earning quickly but man how does a "student" get that kinda money to put in the stock markets - I won't risk parent's money.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़

JFYI- most of the mutual funds are not focussing on this Reliance Power IPO, because it is considered that Reliance's Price Band is hugely inflated. It is not unable to sustain the level of desired profits too.

I too feel the same because pre-launch to the IPO news, analysts on Zee Business had expected the share to be less than Rs. 100. I was shcoked when I heard later that the price band is Rs. 405 to Rs. 465 :(

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Exactly... even the Reliance Petro thing- it wud commence operations this year and the shares have already gone up at Rs. 200+ in the past 3-4 months.

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
One thing i ve learnt is all this analysis works only in long term investments. The FIIs r controlling the market. Sab matke pe chal raha hai.
Also just check the p/e ratio of rnrl and rpl. 200+ and infinity.. log khali reliance ka naam dekh ke le lete hai.

enticer86

Stay Silent!
... And the thing is I can't express how much I hate reliance.. I mean its soooooo inflated, sab kuch goodwill pe chal raha hai..

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
One thing i ve learnt is all this analysis works only in long term investments. The FIIs r controlling the market. Sab matke pe chal raha hai.
Also just check the p/e ratio of rnrl and rpl. 200+ and infinity.. log khali reliance ka naam dekh ke le lete hai.
Because many people invest to earn profit.
It does not matter whether it comes from Reliance, Tata, HDFC, etc!
Whoever will earn profits, traders flock to them!

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Still, day trading is risky. And unpredictable.
There's a theory in CA Final which I wanna share here. There were two guys from England in the 1900s or so. They propounded a theory and a formula too for "Earning profits using futures" - it was supposed to be a full-proof formula, guaranteeing profits always. They were awarded the Noble prize for the same.
Now these guys, very sure, opened up an Investment Co. - and were bankrupt within just 2 weeks.

rajas700

Youngling
Still, day trading is risky. And unpredictable.
There's a theory in CA Final which I wanna share here. There were two guys from England in the 1900s or so. They propounded a theory and a formula too for "Earning profits using futures" - it was supposed to be a full-proof formula, guaranteeing profits always. They were awarded the Noble prize for the same.
Now these guys, very sure, opened up an Investment Co. - and were bankrupt within just 2 weeks.

can you explain more on these????

hailgautam

Youngling
I did not apply, rather now i will now invest in NTPC, which has lost around 10%, and make as much money as one would with the Reliance Power. Does not make much sense to block money for a month or so, what i have heard is this ipo is very risky and has a long gestation period for the project to begin. at the time of RPL i had invested for full 1 lakh and got around 6k worth of shares which i sold at around the same amount after 3 months, did not make any money. i am waiting for the shares to list and crash to buy.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I did not apply, rather now i will now invest in NTPC, which has lost around 10%, and make as much money as one would with the Reliance Power. Does not make much sense to block money for a month or so, what i have heard is this ipo is very risky and has a long gestation period for the project to begin. at the time of RPL i had invested for full 1 lakh and got around 6k worth of shares which i sold at around the same amount after 3 months, did not make any money. i am waiting for the shares to list and crash to buy.

Moeover, if the Reliance Power share price starts appreciating, many people will sell it off and we can then buy from secondary market. Instead of blocking money, it makes some sense to buy a share when it dips!

enticer86

Stay Silent!
can you explain more on these????
:confused: Uhhhh??? U want me to teach you the whole paper for CA final? Sorry dood, don't have that kinda time.. Use Google, that's all I can say.:!:

Moeover, if the Reliance Power share price starts appreciating, many people will sell it off and we can then buy from secondary market. Instead of blocking money, it makes some sense to buy a share when it dips!
+1

I did not apply, rather now i will now invest in NTPC.
I have audited those ppl too :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom