[Preview + Feedback] Digit June 2008 - 7th Anniversary Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paranj

STILL NOT GOT THE MAG. Please how can i get the refund of my subscription? If its possible than please tell me. Gimme my money back. Ur mag is getting worst day-by-day. Now its a limit. I have still not got the mag. I subscribed to it hoping i will get it earlier but now its soooo late. Not only ur special issuer but even ur normal issues reach me at 7-8 of the month. If this is what u give to ur customer than its really bad :(

utsav

damn busy...
@ axe :( :( :shock: :shock: it means i have to break the record and get chip this time after 25 months of reading digit without any fail :shock: :((

nihu

Broken In
Don't subscribe Digit for discounts they are offering.I haven't got my copy till date.It is better to buy Digit from newstand if you like issue.Always check mag & Dvd/Cd content on web before buy.

hskpunjabi

Journeyman
I had gone through the digit but I haven't bought it. My friend bring it from Delhi. As this mag in not yet available.
My conclusions

1. I save Rs. 50.00 as I bought Chip for 150.00 only. I my friend has a loss of Rs 200.00 as there was nothing special about this "special issue".

2. There is no Q&A in this edition this month.
3. No fast track. They call some 12 pages stapled together a Jumbo Fast Track. Believe me these are not fast tracks. Only their way of fooling us .to add some "ads" and not to provide some useful content.

4. These Jumbo fast tracks are only cheap buying guides with no brands or models suggested. These are their old articles which they publish with their shoot outs and in their December Issues.

5. Magzine content is 80% useless. NO Q&A I said no Q$A .

6. Pages in this june issue are same as their ordinary issue but this time they dedicated more pages to ads.

7. Ads. are superb. If you want to see good ads content then please buy this mag.:D

8. Tech Careers is good. Features|Insight is Ok. but may be useless for many.

9. page 73 to 103 are dedicated to the wi fi router and laptops shootouts. After that some pages of Bazzar .

10. Ask agent 001 is good as always. Then their is workshop. Good one. Then game reviews and The magzine ends.

11. At starting this time they have the letters from us. One reveals a shocking truth for digit team which we all of us know.

12. Total Pages 134.

So who haven't wasted their money pleas save it and buy chip or pc world.

And dear Raboo we want our old Fast track back. And please dont play this trick again as u played with the december issue. There You broke ur magazine in different parts and inserted ads in their cover pages. Same you did here .What is the use of such tricks to fool us actually you food yourself. These pages cann't be called a fast track. You know this yourself I think.

take care. And "humko hamari purani digit lautado please."

Vimal Joshi

thanks vimal u have saved my Rs.200 , i am actually not very happy bcoz i love digit ,as a regular reader i want this copy too..but i am disappointed by digit, December issue was also not good. i think special editions should have lots of stuff it doesn't matter how many adds team digit adds but at least provide more stuff on special editions ...and one most imp request .."bai dvd ka case to achha lgga dia kro"

hope team digit is noticing these reviews

hdsk.23

~ Harshdeep ~
i haven't even run once the last 4-5 months cd, dvd's of digit.... as i know nothing special will come in them!!!!

"Very sorry to say that digit"

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
A short chat with the mag stall owner, Bhagalpur, Bihar.(14 June, 2008. 7:39 PM):-
Me: Uncle, digit hai?
he: Haan beta! Ye lo!
Me: Thanks! Ye lij... ek minute uncle, ye to pichle mahine ka hai!
He: Is mahine digit nahi chapa na!
Me: Nahi chapa!?![Aside]Oh damn, they told me at the forum that digit had not arrived at various places.
He: Haan, ab chapna band ho gaya shayad! Patna me bhi nai hai! Ab agle mahine hi milega. Chip chahiye kya?
Me:[Aside]Curse you and your chip dammit!
He: Dekho, chip ka issue badhiyan hai!
Me: Khair, Andhon me kana raja!

What can I say except... well... pffffff:-(

utsav

damn busy...
Mag still not available in jhansi :shock: am not buying it now and i will skip digit until it improves :(

agnels

Live The Dream!
Digit not yet available in goa.My Pc World subscription has reached me by 3rd every month for last 15 months. Change your distribution network.

roshan1236a

The rated R superstar.
Hey you toofan_nainital u are the biggest spam in this thread pls go away:mad::mad:. There are many loyal readers to digit. Moreover I am one of them. I cannot admit that this months edition is 80% useless( as u said). I don not know in which way u rated. Oh yes when compared to last years edition this edition is on the lower side. It does happen sometimes. What I think is only the DVD contents are not up to the mark. The Mag contents are just great :):), no other can even come close to digit.

For me the article " I R GEEK" was really fun filled.(*****)

7 wonders was simply too good.(*****)

Laptop and Wireless routes testing was avg must say an update for us.(***). However a job done by testers must be appreciated.

64 Bit computing was also good. I expected even more stuff from this article.(***)

The seven workshops was wonderful for me.(*****)

Agent 001 was angain in his elements and simply in his typical stlye built two HTPC.(*****)

Ahhh comming to the Jumbo Fast track

Hmmmmm it was colorful and an eye candy. I think more pages can be included. Adds are not an issue as I can just turn the pages off. Fast track to "Wire free" was not so good. This was already covered in the Mag. Nothing new. "Audio/Visual" these were covered in the May and April issues. No wonder why many guys disliked the fast track issue. "Printing" you could have covered abt the All in one's. There were ads abt them though. I was expecting you test the latest HP Photosmart series(HP Photosmart C8100 All-in-One series)."Gaming" was again a flop. I must admit this. There was no puch in all the Fast tracks."Smart computing" &"Personal Technology" was good among the 7.

An overall avg Fast Track.(Some points gained only because it was printed in color).(**)

The DVD contents are already mentioned above do not want to add anything to it.

As a normal issue it would be great. As a special edition with guys expecting too much this issue gives a little.

God Bless Digit.

toofan

Technomancer
Hello Roshan,
I am also a fan of Digit. But where is this magzine is going. A full one week delay made us to think that this issue will really be special. But you tell me whts special abt it.
1. Seven wonders starts with
(i) " No Boundaries": Here we get half column about Histories of Laptops, PDAs, Cell Phones. If you hve read it whats new in that article. I had to skip lines to complete it because it has nothing new in it. rating 1/10
(ii) Everything for Everyone: Three page discussion abt opensource and piracy. (4/10).
(iii) Stuck Behind the keyboard: Its quite confusing what the author want to say. He has problems with the present keyboards and wants touch pads. Thats all.(3/5)
(iv) 57 channels : Here he has problem with the non availability of HD content and the Displays. (3/10)
(v)Us versus them:Myths and truths about the games.This is somewhat interesting to read although you don't get anything from it. still (6/10)
(vi) Out of time : future of processors, multicores etc. (6/10)
(vii)last you: all about social networking .which they had told us many times in their past articles.(1/10)
total 24 out of 70 voillla they passed in my test with good third division.:D
Thats all for Rs 200.00 :!:
Rest I had given details.
Ordinary issue /Special issue
Ordinary issue april/2008 /Special issuejune/2008
pages Ordinary issue122 /Special issue134
pages of no use Ordinary issue 27 /Special issue40
net content pages
Ordinary issue 95 /Special issue 94
pages of no use
Fast Track5 Jumbo Fast track27
net pages
Fast Track 139 Jumbo Fast track71
and one extra DVD which has 7 - 7 old movies(english) and music albums. I am dying by the figure 7 they maintained.

Now about your jumbo tracks
These all are the buying guides. One fast track on wirefree has the laptop shootout. which one to follow their magazine one or the fast track one.
I will give them the 2/10. because they can be useful for the new readers only:confused:.

There are many many flaws with this special issue. They have covered many topics earlier in their 6th sense edition. It is somewhat a page filling one.

But My dearest Agent001 is always interesting to read. I love you Agent 001. I hope you be my friend.(10/10);)

I appreciate your views Roshan. and I appeal to other members also to please take part in this debate as this can make the team digit to dig their problem roots out.

Vimal Joshi
Nainital

Last edited:

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
CAUTION: No offence is intended! ...or at least I think so!

A full one week delay made us to think that this issue will really be special.

One week? ONE WEEK?!?:x I STILL DONT HAVE THE MAG!:evil: And there's probably no chance of getting one now! The anniversary issue turned out to be a subscribers only issue! And I'm not gonna race off to mumbai to get the mag coz it's not available in my city. Digit got pwned by chip(I would've liked to use abusesfor chip but dont wanna get banned) this month.I'm a loyal reader too, but this isn't digit! This just cant be the old, glorious, splendid digit! I totally agree with ax3's suggestion of changing staff or getting the 1999-2003 team back. For god's sake this is even lousier than Skoar!

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
Hey you toofan_nainital u are the biggest spam in this thread pls go away:mad::mad:.

God Bless Digit.

hello mr roshsan1235, new reader to digit.....? Toofan words are 100% true....
You, the first spam to go away.. Please try to tread CHIP, PCWORLD,... you may realise the truth about Digit.....

Rahim

Married!
@roshan & toofan mail: Holi ka season chala gaya mere bhai and use normal fonts and colours plz. It hurts and it is not that difficult to behave like normal beings.

As on the magazine they seem to just print those letters thanking & praising Digit all the time. Muh miyaa Miththuu Banna. Oxymoron comes to my mind.
So disappointed with the DVD Movies/Music contents. Its so laughable that Digit considers those movies to be watchable for normal beings :D Maybe those movies are a hit with the new employees at Think Digit :) Who needs movies/music, anyways?

Start being a Tech magazine again and rest assure I wont stop buying Digit( I keep buying them every month :( ) and if still movies have to be added why not give screencasts of Softwares and installing Linux? Video Reviews? Heck even my parents doesnt like watching those dated movies!!!!

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
The movies and music are useless. I have never heard any album or even heard even a single track. It just consumes disk space and nothing else.

In that space you can give some Harware testing videos, Good wallpapers and Why not start the Digit Patron again..

Everybody here will be happy if you atleast start that again..

And BTW the magazine is still not available in Mumbai.

toofan

Technomancer
Save money and go for other options. you can even buy a chip and pc world that would be much better then buying this month edition.And these magazines would be easily available in your locality.
Digit isn't arrived in nainital yet. I got it from my friend who bought it form delhi.
I am not a fool to subscribe this mag. at its current status.

roshan1236a

The rated R superstar.
hello mr roshsan1235, new reader to digit.....? Toofan words are 100% true....
You, the first spam to go away.. Please try to tread CHIP, PCWORLD,... you may realise the truth about Digit.....

My dear I am a Digit reader frm October 2006(Notable Portable) till then not missed a single copy. I still remember the last years Aniversery(Sixth Sense) edition--got a DON wit that. U know one thing the Oct 2006 edition had 150 pages. Since then I am seeing the reduction of pages and also the Articles. This does happen the degradation to be precise. However the Fast Track remained to be same until the recent issue where they just destroyed the issue. I do agree with everyone regarding the JUMBO fast track issue.

I will never ever agree that the Mag contents are useless because unlike other mags Digit does not get matter from the websites they have to procure them so me must appreciate that. Their experience have been shared on the Mag.

Ahh the DVD contents I never bothered abt that I know iot the accumulation of all previous dvd & cd. I will surely give a big thumbs down to the 2 DVD. I belive Digit is the first to introduce Movies in the Cd or DVD. Must say we cannot expect more frm them regarding movies.

If Team Digit thinks they have done a job..no they have a huge task cut out the aniversery edition was a flop. I request team digit to pls try to increase the articles for reference pls see ur older issues. Do not forget ur roots.

Hey toofan_ninital u r lookin good in the pic.

God bless Digit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom